PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problem

dankwun
10-28-2013, 06:38 PM
So for about two years now I have been dealing with my passenger headlight going out every time i stop or hit a bump in the road. All i have to do to get it to turn back on is flash the high beams on and off. But im really sick of dealing with this situation and really wanna get it fixed. Both headlights turn on when i turn the key into the on position but when i crank the engine over the passenger light, some times both lights, go out and i have to flash the high beams to get it/them to come come back on. I changed the ballast of my HID's, i tried wiggling all the connectors while the light was working and the car was parked to see if i could find a bad connection but they all seem to be fine, tried push down on the radiator support to simulate a bump in the road to see if i could get the light to turn off and haven't been able to find the problem. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem? Does it sound like a possible ground problem since it turns off when i stop and the break lights are drawing power from the lighting system??

Granddaddy Marq
10-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm thinking LCM. The next time it happens, take something and tap on the LCM. It's above you gas pedal. If your lights come back on call Jim, "Fastblackmerc".

fastblackmerc
10-29-2013, 01:56 AM
If the LCM is bad both headlights won't come on. Sounds like a loose connection or bad ballast.

fastblackmerc
10-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Which headlight connector are you using to power the HIDs? Drivers side or passenger side?