PDA

View Full Version : Copyrighting photos

fireandice9008
11-04-2013, 06:31 PM
For the photographers among us, do you copyright your work, and if so how do you go about doing it? If i'm not mistaken original intellectual property, such as photos, is already considered copyrighted. That being said, do you have to register it for it to be official, or do most just settle for adding their copyright to photos? I'm not a professional by any means, but I think I do decent work and I intend to continue improving upon it. I know i'll probably never make money on my stuff, but I REALLY don't want someone else claiming or making money with my stuff.

pantheroc
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
PM CRUZTAKER, he may be able to help.

boatmangc
11-05-2013, 03:38 AM
My wife is a pro photographer, she definitely copyright protects her work.
She registered her copyright years ago and now just adds the copyright to the prints.

It has made her money a couple of times when her work showed up on the Internet unauthorized

RacerX
11-05-2013, 07:18 AM
In most photo editing programs, such as Photoshop, you can embed a digital watermark. Click on the help file and it will tell you about it.

ctrlraven
11-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Copyright all of your work, there will always be someone out there trying to use your work to line their pockets. It's only smart to protect yourself.

fireandice9008
11-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Cool, I'll definitely take the time to do it then. Which raises the question, what is the right way to do it? Go through the copyright office?