PDA

View Full Version : No Heat!!!!!

BlkMamba24
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
38 degrees currently in the nations capitol and I'm sitting in my MM right now at work on break. Normally I'd steal an extra couple of minutes out here but I can't wait to get back n the building bcuz its so cold.

Anyways the problem goes like this, the dash controls turn on and work but there is nothing blowing, no heat, no a/c. However there is something slight coming from the defrost section by the windshield and from the floor vents. I have noticed in the past that when this happens I can bang on( what I'm guessing is the blower motor resistor) and it starts to blow normally. If thats not what its called I'm talking about the piece located to the right of the blower itself if your looking into the engine.

If anybody knows that this piece is the culprit and has had this problem b4 what is the part number to the piece and is that all I need??

Motorhead350
11-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Does it blow cold air?

SC Cheesehead
11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
EATC maybe? Contact fastblackmerc.

fastblackmerc
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Sounds like the BCM is acting up. I may have a repaired one available.

BlkMamba24
11-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Sounds like the BCM is acting up. I may have a repaired one available.

And by BCM u mean blower control module?? Bcuz I know thats also a term for body control module on some cars

BlkMamba24
11-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Does it blow cold air?

Nope it does the same thing when I turn it on a/c, no cold air....its almost like its just vent air with no blower operation....

fastblackmerc
11-12-2013, 07:01 PM
And by BCM u mean blower control module?? Bcuz I know thats also a term for body control module on some cars

Yes Blower Control Module. If you tap on it and the blower starts to work, the BCM is on it's way out.

BlkMamba24
11-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes Blower Control Module. If you tap on it and the blower starts to work, the BCM is on it's way out.

Welp that's me then....PM me if you've got one for sell or any ideas about where to get one
Thanks!!