PDA

View Full Version : Trading the 03 today/Hello 04

Bootlegger
03-30-2004, 09:53 AM
:) Well, I did it again...Couldn't stand to see the 04 sitting on the lot in South Fort Myers..Carfixer talked me into it anyway!! Traded my 03 for a 04 today, pick it up tonight at 5:00Pm.. Same equipment, but with a factory moonroof...Already contacted Dennis for all the stage one mods again, there in the mail..Got a great deal with 0 interest, couldn't pass it up....

THE_INTERCEPTOR
03-30-2004, 12:10 PM
congrats! I'm so jealous!

Man...I wish I was a bit older, and had more financial stability so I could afford such a nice car like most of you guys. But i'm only 21 now, and working my first REAL job (military)....so until then, I'll continue to drive my Vic. :coolman:

Hope you enjoy your new(er) Merc! :rock:

stevengerard
03-30-2004, 12:19 PM
congrats! I'm so jealous!

Man...I wish I was a bit older, and had more financial stability so I could afford such a nice car like most of you guys. But i'm only 21 now....
Interceptpr, be patient, I was 34 before I got my dream car, the 442, and as much as I dig this MM I would have rather bought a viper, different car - different time of my life.

jgc61sr2002
03-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Bootlegger - Congrats. Good luck with your new ride. How did you do with the trade?

Cobra25
03-30-2004, 01:11 PM
:) Well, I did it again...Couldn't stand to see the 04 sitting on the lot in South Fort Myers..Carfixer talked me into it anyway!! Traded my 03 for a 04 today, pick it up tonight at 5:00Pm.. Same equipment, but with a factory moonroof...Already contacted Dennis for all the stage one mods again, there in the mail..Got a great deal with 0 interest, couldn't pass it up.... I'm surprized ,your 03 was really nice. Well good luck with your new 04. By the way did you get another black one? And if you don't mind me asking 0 % interest for how many years do they offer that for? Hope to see it on April 16th at the next meet. Drive save and good luck again.

RoyLPita
03-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Congrats Bootlegger, enjoy your new ride.

jstevens
03-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Interceptpr, be patient, I was 34 before I got my dream car, the 442, and as much as I dig this MM I would have rather bought a viper, different car - different time of my life.
Yeah, what did'ya get for the trade?
Interceptpr, be patient is right. I'm 38 and just now got my dream car (04MM black on black). Up until then it was a Chevy Venture. Boy, wasn't that a hot car to drive LOL.

carfixer
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
:) Well, I did it again...Couldn't stand to see the 04 sitting on the lot in South Fort Myers..Carfixer talked me into it anyway!!
You should have seen me twisting his arm, I wouldn't stop until he said he'd buy it....:lol:

2005Marauder
03-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the 03/04 owners club. There for a while I was the only member. The 0% APR, and good trade-in, and the DTR color, and the payment is $70 less and, I didn't have to buy new tires, and we can get another year on warranty, and traction control, we got to keep the full size spare, and the light flint interior, and did I say DTR--were way too many reasons for my wife to refuse. It also was one of the few times she seemed happy to buy a new car. I only needed one reason--it was a NEW MM.

Bootlegger
03-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I went under the D plan for the purchase, they gave me 24125.00 on the 03.. Payment dropped $ 48.00 per month.. The saleman told me they already had it sold...only 10000 miles on the clock.. the 0 interest is for 60 months..only difference's that i can see is no front map pockets, clock is in the radio, engine is all silver instead of the black cover, gas cap cover is not remote opener...and i'm anxious to get Dennis's stage 1 mods installed again.

gilby04
03-30-2004, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=THE_INTERCEPTOR]
Man...I wish I was a bit older, and had more financial stability so I could afford such a nice car like most of you guys. But i'm only 21 now, and working my first REAL job (military)....so until then, I'll continue to drive my Vic.

Your youth is far more valuable than a nicer car.
It appears your present Vic has major eye appeal, underscoring your accomplishments to date. Well done, young man, you must be quite proud !
Cars are much nicer now than ever before, and getting better each year.
It's likely that you'll realize one even nicer than a MM before you know it.
Imagine that !

Bigdogjim
03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Well enjoy your "new " Marauder!

Remember it's all good:)

Pete F.
03-30-2004, 11:13 PM
only difference's that i can see is no front map pockets, clock is in the radio, engine is all silver instead of the black cover, gas cap cover is not remote opener...
Congrats on the '04! I'm new to this forum, but I leased an '03 MM a while back and, when the lease is due later this year, I am either going to buy it and modify it or purchase an '04 (or an '05 if they are actually going to keep building them). As for your new '04. did you feel any difference in the shift transmission's patterns? Also, I've not had a chance to see one with a moonroof (something I'm interested in) but I am assuming there is no domelight or it is moved to behind where the moonroof is place.

P.S. I see you are in SW FL. FYI, I grew up in Port Charlotte and went to USF, but now I live in the DC area.

Pete F.
03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
The 0% APR, and good trade-in, and the DTR color, and the payment is $70 less and . . . Future 2005 SVT Factory Supercharged Marauder
When my lease on the '03 is up in a few months I have a decision to make. Sounds like the '04 is the way to go. I was originally going to get an '05 with a supercharger. but I read a blurb in Autoweek that says that the '04 MM is the last one to be made. I don't think it's been confirmed, though. Any thoughts or info on this?

Bootlegger
03-31-2004, 05:47 AM
Pete F, the only difference with the roof is they cut off the sunglass holder, which i didn't use anyway, they did put some mod lights in the control panel which makes it better to see the switches up there...The tranmission shifting is not as quick, or hard as the 03, which will change by friday..I have read most of the info on the 05 not being produced, but management at the dealership is saying its still up in the air...They said the same rumor was out about the 04 production, but it came to pass...Don't really know, hope they do continue though

THE_INTERCEPTOR
03-31-2004, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=THE_INTERCEPTOR]
Man...I wish I was a bit older, and had more financial stability so I could afford such a nice car like most of you guys. But i'm only 21 now, and working my first REAL job (military)....so until then, I'll continue to drive my Vic.

Your youth is far more valuable than a nicer car.
It appears your present Vic has major eye appeal, underscoring your accomplishments to date. Well done, young man, you must be quite proud !
Cars are much nicer now than ever before, and getting better each year.
It's likely that you'll realize one even nicer than a MM before you know it.
Imagine that !

Thanks for the kind words, gilby04 and others. Yeah it looks pretty good, but I often times wish I would have put the money I spent on my rims (almost $2k) into my engine. Hell, if I had a supercharged the vic, maybe I could keep up with some of the STOCK Marauders. :)

I'm happy with it though., I LOVE my vic. Just too bad that I can't get my hands on a Marauder! :)

You guys are right though. patience, Obiwon....patience. :up: LOL

Pete F.
03-31-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Have fun!

joflewbyu2
03-31-2004, 07:38 PM
bootlegger, how much was the difference? D plan w/o sunroof is approxitmately $27648 with all incentives. was your difference amount less than $5,000 out the door? sunroof is how much more?