PDA

View Full Version : Chevy SS

beantown mm
12-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Read about this car a while ago, was waiting to see if anyone posted about it, I don't recall seeing on the site yet, so, this is the article came out today I guess............

I likey this car, whachu all think ?

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/new-2014-ss-general-discussion-forum/5418-car-driver-ss-vs-charger-srt8.html

L.Mark
12-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Not bad...just got the Car and Driver comparing the SS with the Charger SRT...I like the SS better. It's got the underpinnings of the Holden which was the GTO and G8. Article said not many would be imported maybe a couple thousand a year. I thought that number was a bit low...

Motorhead350
12-04-2013, 02:49 PM
No Marauder, no interest.

MOTOWN
12-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Just looks like another cookie cutter rounded off beetle bug type new car.

ctrlraven
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm a fan of the G8 and to me this is just a revised version of it. I'd rock it.

RF Overlord
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Not a fan of the melted jelly-bean look, but it isn't near as hideous as many new cars...like the Lincoln MKS & MKX (boo/hiss on Ford) and the Nissan Murano...but it has 2 major things going for it:

1- A V8.
2- (and most importantly) Correct-wheel drive.

Bravo to GM for bringing some Australian muscle here (again).

Mr. Man
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
The Chebby isn't bad looking but looks to grocery getter. They need to "mean" it up a bit. Sticker is to fat for what you get for both cars but if someone said I could have one or the other for free I'd pick the SRT.

Wonder if 30 years from now every Malibu will sport SS badges?:lol:

marauderthis
12-04-2013, 04:34 PM
NO bailout Government motor car for my family
+ Looks like a Nissan Altima to me

Mac-MerC
12-04-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm a fan of the G8 and to me this is just a revised version of it. I'd rock it.

Since u are a fan of the G8 would u get a Caprice?..... I flew by this the other day thinking it was a Malibu or Impala but i noticed the caprice badge on the rear fascia (u can see it a lil in the last pic)... Arent these GT G8's supposedly? (something i read months back, probably not true)........ it looks so damn bland (because its a police edition i suppose) but even if it wasnt it would still look like a basic ass car. the fender vents is the only thing they kept from the G8.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/Mac-Merc/IMAG1354_zps17056e56.jpg

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/Mac-Merc/IMAG1353_zps57dec9de.jpg

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/Mac-Merc/IMAG1351_zps6097f327.jpg

jimlam56
12-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Pretty pricey as a new car.
I can tell you that the the rental Impalas I've had lately certainly are rival/equal/better than the rental Taurus, and I've had top of the line from both brands the last few weeks.

guspech750
12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Who the F wants to see that bowtie badge on the grill? Car looks great except for the bowtie.

My wife wants an SHO and we just test drove one. Really nice ride. Better than I thought. Still think it needs something to standout more appearance wise besides the performance package.

But now I'm wondering if we should wait and test drive the new SS.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

LANDY
12-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I like it but $$$$$ nah. I'll buy a used G8 instead

guspech750
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM
And let's not forget the mod potential of this motor in the SS. WINNING!

RubberCtyRauder
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately, i believe most cars will all be derived of the bloated jelly bean look as the years pass. It;s all about upping the overall average mpg requirements for a carmakers entire line based on the Gov. standards they keep changing and mandating. So anywhere they can gain half a mile per gallon, helps their whole process.

Baaad GN
12-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey Joe and if ya get tired with the SS just take those badges off and slap some GTO badges on! Bingo!!!!!!

Joe Walsh
12-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I like it but $$$$$ nah. I'll buy a used G8 instead

Yep...That new Impala SS is downright F-U-G-GLY!

I'd buy a used, wayyyyyy better looking, G8 GXP and use the saved extra coin for mods on the LS3 motor.

MOTOWN
12-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I honestly cant think of one single brand new car that excites me enough to actually buy it! Kinda sad considering we used to be at the forefront of innovating cars!

jerrym3
12-06-2013, 06:45 AM
I honestly cant think of one single brand new car that excites me enough to actually buy it! Kinda sad considering we used to be at the forefront of innovating cars!

Unfortunately, we USED to be at the forefront of everything.

And, I agree, too much bowtie.

I guess you need to have the bowtie somewhere, like the blue oval, but not in such an "in your face" spot.

(But, in today's "every car looks like every other car" styling, maybe they wanted people to know it was a Chevy and not a Kia.)

guspech750
12-06-2013, 08:23 AM

I agree. There is only 1 or 2 cars that I would be "content" with buying for my wife. Everything else just plain sucks.