PDA

View Full Version : Copying the original

Curless
12-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I love it when people come up with a good copy of an original....

Original...http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90698

Copy...http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1349893#post1 349893

I love this bar!

whitey
12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I love this bar too! This stuff going on is hillarious, i almost feel like a school girl, again.:hide:

Limited360
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
.... Not even sure what to say about this ....

Spectragod
12-05-2013, 06:50 PM
What a bag of dicks...... he never even said "thank you". Now wants to copy what I did, the difference is I did what I did to help the community and for betterment of the community, Jim is just doing is to be an azz.

My post in his thread, since it will be deleted...........

I gave to the "marauder community", you didn't even say thank you, now you want to copy my little give away..... very nice touch. I would also invest in a camera with macro, and that COT plug is not polished.

MOTOWN
12-05-2013, 06:58 PM
What a bag of dicks...... he never even said "thank you". Now wants to copy what I did, the difference is I did what I did to help the community and for betterment of the community, Jim is just doing is to be an azz.

My post in his thread, since it will be deleted...........

I gave to the "marauder community", you didn't even say thank you, now you want to copy my little give away..... very nice touch. I would also invest in a camera with macro, and that COT plug is not polished.

Good point!:lol:

Has Hell frozen over, or has this place just given in to the MADNESS??????????????:lol:

whitey
12-05-2013, 07:13 PM
i dont think its madness, i think that some people just prey on others. why charge so much money for simple things to do? i fixed my own lcm, with info i found within an hour, and would be happy to show someone how to do it. i would never charge for my knowledge, and just like everyone else, i want to be treated the way i treat others. i will never fall prey to predators.

Spectragod
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM
i dont think its madness, i think that some people just prey on others. why charge so much money for simple things to do? i fixed my own lcm, with info i found within an hour, and would be happy to show someone how to do it. i would never charge for my knowledge, and just like everyone else, i want to be treated the way i treat others. i will never fall prey to predators.

Yep, a couple of dollars worth of parts and 10-15 minutes of work. I fixed probably 20 or so for nothing, it's just part of that "helping my fellow man" thing.....

His "knowledge base" isn't as great as he thinks it is. He's a genious, I'd love to see his high tech workshop, then I'll show him mine.

lji372
12-05-2013, 07:52 PM
You all need marauders anonymous :rolleyes:

Spectragod
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
You all need marauders anonymous :rolleyes:

Hello, my name is Darren

I am a mod-a-holic........

I am not as bad as some, my wife got her bathroom remodeled. :lol:

lji372
12-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Hello, my name is Darren

I am a mod-a-holic........

I am not as bad as some, my wife got her bathroom remodeled. :lol:

NOT FUNNY:mad2:

It's hilarious:lol:

Spectragod
12-05-2013, 08:22 PM
NOT FUNNY:mad2:

It's hilarious:lol:

Your gonna be broke once you start modding the "fleet"....

Limited360
12-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Your gonna be broke once you start modding the "fleet"....

The fleet does get expensive! The blue now needs the LED light upgrade treatment. Luckily I do it for next to free for a fellow marauder enthusiast. Why rape you for putting together a package of some Chinese knock off LED's. I think the most expensive ones were the CREE projector reverse lights which we can both agree are amazing!!

Curless
12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Gotta be honest, I don't think Jim's price on the LCM is too expensive...He is doing something for others that they can't do themselves or choose not to do themselves. I'll poke fun, even pee in your cheerios, but when it comes to business (Jim is a paying vendor here) I fault no one for making a little money. Each one of us chooses to buy or not buy from a vendor.

Spectragod
12-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Gotta be honest, I don't think Jim's price on the LCM is too expensive...He is doing something for others that they can't do themselves or choose not to do themselves. I'll poke fun, even pee in your cheerios, but when it comes to business (Jim is a paying vendor here) I fault no one for making a little money. Each one of us chooses to buy or not buy from a vendor.

No clue if his price is fair, I guess it would be determined by the end user. I feel for the minimal cost and time involved. That if you were doing the community "a service" it could be done for nothing. Total cost with shipping about ten bucks. But maybe my circumstances are different than his?

Besides, I just like to help others for the hell of it.

J-MAN
12-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Gotta agree.

Limited360
12-06-2013, 07:07 AM
No clue if his price is fair, I guess it would be determined by the end user. I feel for the minimal cost and time involved. That if you were doing the community "a service" it could be done for nothing. Total cost with shipping about ten bucks. But maybe my circumstances are different than his?

Yeah I often just help each other's for the hell of it. Like when we gave the silver car a detail and I felt it was half a$$ed but still came out really well. Good enough to make it down to ATL at least :)

Limited360
12-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Can't we all just hug and get along? Have some Xmas in a cup and move forwards...

Curless
12-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Can't we all just hug and get along? Have some Xmas in a cup and move forwards...

Oh we can, and we will...just gotta get everyone else on board...:beer:

lji372
12-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Gotta agree.

+1 it is a business for jim.

i have never slammed him for making a buck.
he is a vendor, it's a store. if you don't like the pricing shop elsewhere, simple.

enough said on that.

but don't make a dumb/smarta$$ comment and not expect a dumb/smarta$$ reply is all i'm saying.:beatnik:

good day!!!!!!:burnout:

martyo
12-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Oh we can, and we will...just gotta get everyone else on board...:beer:

I say we should fight until we all get along.

Kind of a fighting for peace or a f**cking for virginity strategy.

vkirkend
12-06-2013, 07:57 AM
I agree, people's time is valuable. I know mine is. I also am happy to pay for what I get and I don't think his prices are unreasonable. Remember his LCM's come with a guarantee. I pay people to do what I either don't know how to do or don't have the time to do. Just because you are willing to volunteer your time (and I applaud for that) don't be grudge someone who wants to be paid for their time andexpertise.

+1 it is a business for jim.

i have never slammed him for making a buck.
he is a vendor, it's a store. if you don't like the pricing shop elsewhere, simple.

enough said on that.

but don't make a dumb/smarta$$ comment and not expect a dumb/smarta$$ reply is all i'm saying.:beatnik:

good day!!!!!!:burnout:

lji372
12-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Now that that's over how many days till Louisville??

Maybe we can get the fat sumo wrestler costumes (Barry you don't need one)
Or just plain old jello wrestle. Sorry ladies you are not invited to join in :lol: :D

whitey
12-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, you guys are right, $75 is fair..., after all it does have a $5 relay replacement guarantee. I can get it done for $40 with a lifetime guarantee, or do it myself for $10. Also, i guess when marauder410 posted up that he will buy your cats for $25 or $30 a pop, jim was right there :flamer:....but nobody wants or cares to stick up for marauder410. If you don't like the prices than dont buy it, dont flame the man saying hes a ripoff, because the same can be said about an lcm fix.

TUXrauder
12-06-2013, 09:17 AM

UMMMMM uncle Darren, I need a SC and a scooter for Christmas.... SC for the "HELL OF IT" please.....:cool4:

lji372
12-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, you guys are right, $75 is fair..., after all it does have a $5 relay replacement guarantee. I can get it done for $40 with a lifetime guarantee, or do it myself for $10. Also, i guess when marauder410 posted up that he will buy your cats for $25 or $30 a pop, jim was right there :flamer:....but nobody wants or cares to stick up for marauder410. If you don't like the prices than dont buy it, dont flame the man saying hes a ripoff, because the same can be said about an lcm fix.

really- the price is stated. if the buyer agrees its fair:confused:

i just went and read the other thread and you are correct. so would you like us all to go slam jim in that thread??

again jim MYOFB!!! (because i can)

whitey don't be a pot:lol:

i'm the spoon!!!!!!!!! :banana2:

+1 on post count

whitey
12-06-2013, 10:30 AM
really- the price is stated. if the buyer agrees its fair:confused:

i just went and read the other thread and you are correct. so would you like us all to go slam jim in that thread??

again jim MYOFB!!! (because i can)

whitey don't be a pot:lol:

i'm the spoon!!!!!!!!! :banana2:

+1 on post count

lol, i dont care to slam jim, i just want to point out that some people want respect but dont give any in return. jims services are well appreciated, ive even sent richardp to him when his eatc needed to be fixed, but i dont think someone should offer a service, and bash anothers. in other words, dont knock a mans hustle.

lji372
12-06-2013, 10:32 AM
lol, i dont care to slam jim, i just want to point out that some people want respect but dont give any in return. jims services are well appreciated, ive even sent richardp to him when his eatc needed to be fixed, but i dont think someone should offer a service, and bash anothers. in other words, dont knock a mans hustle.

:beer:

i love THIS bar :D

+1 on post count

Spectragod
12-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Also part of his "hustle" includes when someone asks for directions on how to fix their LCM and his response is to send him $25 for a PDF? I guess if your willing to pay the man, that's fine, but Google is your friend.

I will say this, and drop it...... he is quick to slam everyone else that tries to make a buck off the community, but lives in a glass house. Fair is fair.

Hey Jerry, what did those instructions for those HID's say to do to hook up the high beams, or better yet, wasn't their a "help line"? :lol: :poke: :run:

marauder410
12-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Yep, a couple of dollars worth of parts and 10-15 minutes of work. I fixed probably 20 or so for nothing, it's just part of that "helping my fellow man" thing.....

His "knowledge base" isn't as great as he thinks it is. He's a genious, I'd love to see his high tech workshop, then I'll show him mine.

IM SOOO HAPPY HE IS FINALLY GETTING EXPOSED :)...I WISH I STILL HAD THE MESSAGE FBM SENT BACK TO ME... after he repaired my lcm I installed it and did led all over a month later...

I asked him how do I wire in my electronic flasher to the lcm he repaired for me........ YOU KNOW WHAT HE RESPONDED 2 WEEKSSSS LATER....AND I QUOTE " SEND ME 25.00 PAYPAL AS A GIFT AND I WILL MESSAGE YOU DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO SO"......:mad2: :argue: after that I was done with him and soooo happy a lot of members are as well..:banana::banned:

Limited360
12-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Also part of his "hustle" includes when someone asks for directions on how to fix their LCM and his response is to send him $25 for a PDF? I guess if your willing to pay the man, that's fine, but Google is your friend.

I will say this, and drop it...... he is quick to slam everyone else that tries to make a buck off the community, but lives in a glass house. Fair is fair.

Hey Jerry, what did those instructions for those HID's say to do to hook up the high beams, or better yet, wasn't their a "help line"? :lol: :poke: :run:

There is a help line for jerrry... It's to me! I offer my advise without costs thro paypal especially on plug and play type items

lji372
12-06-2013, 08:38 PM
There is a help line for jerrry... It's to me! I offer my advise without costs thro paypal especially on plug and play type items

Spell check is your friend while on meds man :lol:

It's gonna be a long 8 weeks here for you with everyone going on hiatus :bigcry:

Limited360
12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
You don't wanna know how long it took me to type that... I passed out twice in the process.... :)