PDA

View Full Version : IS it bad I want to sell my daily to get a 'Beater' Marauder for a daily?

Limited360
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I am currently selling this...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4235349781.html

Just so I can get into a beater Marauder and slowly fix it up? I miss my trilogy car so much and its only been under its cover for a week!?!?!?

Ugh I hope I find some sucker here in Detroit who needs a reliable car as I don't mind fixing up a Marauder...

:stupid:

8UWITH6
12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Nope, its normal.

Limited360
12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I have an addiction... its very clear...

Jerry picking up a 3rd one has only made it worse for me!!!

8UWITH6
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Well we all know Jerry is sick............ and thats okay. 2 is normal.......... more than 2............... :help::beer:

Ms. Denmark
12-09-2013, 03:35 AM

lji372
12-09-2013, 05:05 AM
....don't want to risk any harm to Marauder bumper covers. :cool:

That right there ^^^^^^^^

Don't get sucked into this multiple marauder thing:stupid:

wickedmerc
12-09-2013, 05:56 AM
I couldn't help but notice you had to sneak a pic of the Marauder in the background ;)

That's a very nice looking Camaro and a pretty good deal. If I had a place to put it for the next 8 years, that's exactly what I'd like my son's 1st car to be.
Good luck with the sale!

lji372
12-09-2013, 06:01 AM
I couldn't help but notice you had to sneak a pic of the Marauder in the background ;)

That's a very nice looking Camaro and a pretty good deal. If I had a place to put it for the next 8 years, that's exactly what I'd like my son's 1st car to be.
Good luck with the sale!

You have no idea what he has in it. Lets just say limited360 is the guy you can buy a car from without seeing it.

Go ahead anal James. List what you've done to that camaro:shake:

:lol:

RubberCtyRauder
12-09-2013, 07:03 AM
I understand and I thought about it once myself when some pretty nice marauders came for sale on here for less than $9000. But then I didn't want to run a car with such limited parts availability. I thought if i do that, then just get a late model crown vic (I've had 3 cv already) My garage is small enough as is with 2 full size cars in it. So didn;t want a car that might get dinged or scratched wrestling mower or tools or snowblower outside...I take care of my caprice, but it has paint chips, dings and stuff so if another happens..oh well.

ctrlraven
12-09-2013, 07:25 AM
As much as I would like to have a garage queen and beater marauder, I think I would probably get a CV LXsport as a true daily.

RF Overlord
12-09-2013, 07:32 AM
See my sig.

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:14 AM
You have no idea what he has in it. Lets just say limited360 is the guy you can buy a car from without seeing it.

Go ahead anal James. List what you've done to that camaro:shake:

:lol:

All new plugs
All new plug wires
All new coils
All new shocks
All new shock tower mounts
All new valve cover gaskets
All new oil pan gasket
All new rear main seal
All new rear main cover gasket
All new oil pressure sending unit
All New Trans Mount
All New Engine Mounts
Doudle D Mods double din bezel for
All new Pioneer AVH-X4500BT
Stubby Antenna
HID Fog lights (3000k)
Euro Clear low beams to accomodate HID lights (6000k)
Fresh Window tint
Brand new Snow tires
Been polish and waxed ~5 times
Need hood to replace one which has common rot around the latch (pet peeve of mine)...

List goes on LiJ372... I know I know

FW_Linc/Merc
12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I wanted a bluerauder as a daily driver but could not bring myself to do that to such a special car so I settled this year on the Town Car. Then I went to Town customizing it so my daily driver only gets 15 fun mpg's.

Limited360
12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I wanted a bluerauder as a daily driver but could not bring myself to do that to such a special car so I settled this year on the Town Car. Then I went to Town customizing it so my daily driver only gets 15 fun mpg's.

In all honesty I need something with a bit more comfortable seat due to my recent back surgery. I do not think even after they remove the 12 staples I will be able to drive the Camaro... Has to much force on that part of my back.

I have looked at a couple Lincoln Mark VIII's and also some Cadillac DTS's.... My options are open, lucky I have such a clean V6 Camaro as it may go for decent cash even. I have 7 weeks of disability left before I have to return to work so some time to sort out what car I will end up with.

LIJ372 wanna sell me black for a steal? I will take good care of it!! JK

slickster
12-09-2013, 10:36 AM
If you Dont care about getting 40mpg and know theres a few million bumpers you can get anywhere for $50 then no

Vortech347
12-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Mine is my daily. Why drive a beater and hate life. Keeping a car with super low miles and never driving it is like not having sex with your smoking hot girlfriend because you are saving her for SOMEONE ELSE!

Limited360
12-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Problem is my daily sits in a parking kit at work while I drive a work car. Why let my nice car do that?

Texas Boy
12-09-2013, 11:46 AM

damn, it must be a grip just to insure and register all those vehicles. i like that blue town car tho :D

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
May have someone coming to look at it for cash Tuesday or Wednesday.... If this goes I think a 2nd Marauder or a Silverado SS is in my future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) so I may sound retarded.

lji372
12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
:shake:

Sounds like a spontaneous decision :dunno:

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah I agree. I don't think I'll be making any quick buys on a blue marauder anytime soon..

Hell I can't even leave the house still!!!

Jerry come save me!! Trish won't even take me to mall to walk around!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) so I may sound retarded.

lji372
12-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah I agree. I don't think I'll be making any quick buys on a blue marauder anytime soon..

Hell I can't even leave the house still!!!

Jerry come save me!! Trish won't even take me to mall to walk around!!!

Hmmm.....;)

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Seriously taking the no car rides longer then 30 min to the max... I didn't even take pain meds today!!!

Just get these staples out and I'd be much happier. I really need to decided if I want a small car payment at all or not....

If not a 2nd marauder it is... I do think a truck would be useful to have.

Motorhead350
12-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Why would you..... nevermind.

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Why would you..... nevermind.

The car in question is a car to drive to work and park ... Then drive it two months later for a few days then park again. It's tough decision.

Motorhead350
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Why would you not drive your Marauder? Age is age. It does not matter if you drive it 5,000 miles in ten years or 500,000 miles. You will still have the issues of a ten year old car. Plus what if it was wrecked with 5,000 miles on it after driving 500 miles a year? The ones who have made this decision always say they wish they drove their car more. My thoughts are not directed at you, just thoughts in general.

Limited360
12-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Why would you not drive your Marauder? Age is age. It does not matter if you drive it 5,000 miles in ten years or 500,000 miles. You will still have the issues of a ten year old car. Plus what if it was wrecked with 5,000 miles on it after driving 500 miles a year? The ones who have made this decision always say they wish they drove their car more. My thoughts are not directed at you, just thoughts in general.

I won't drive my car cause it's value is rather high to just let it sit in a parking lot and 'rot'. The Camaro sat for two months without even starting it as I was driving a 2015 Jeep Cherokee for China...

I understand your argument and I do think it makes sense. Everyone has different situations and funds to make things happen. I basically pretend that my Marauder only exists for days when I want to do a burnout and break the laws :)

Motorhead350
12-09-2013, 10:04 PM
II basically pretend that my Marauder only exists for days when I want to do a burnout and break the laws :)

That's everyday with mine. ;)

Enjoy!

TAKEDOWN
12-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Perfectly normal...

Limited360
12-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Found the truck I'd like to buy. See if he come down in price. 3,000 over excellent blue book.

FW_Linc/Merc
12-11-2013, 10:14 AM
In all honesty I need something with a bit more comfortable seat due to my recent back surgery. I do not think even after they remove the 12 staples I will be able to drive the Camaro... Has to much force on that part of my back.

I have looked at a couple Lincoln Mark VIII's and also some Cadillac DTS's.... My options are open, lucky I have such a clean V6 Camaro as it may go for decent cash even. I have 7 weeks of disability left before I have to return to work so some time to sort out what car I will end up with.

LIJ372 wanna sell me black for a steal? I will take good care of it!! JK

I feel your back pain been thru it twice and will have to do it again in 7 more years. My back is another reason I have love panthers. Easy to get in and out of. We rented the DTS for a Florida trip and other than mileage I have little respect for the car. Take as much time off as you can going back. One extra week the second time made a huge difference.

Limited360
12-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I feel your back pain been thru it twice and will have to do it again in 7 more years. My back is another reason I have love panthers. Easy to get in and out of. We rented the DTS for a Florida trip and other than mileage I have little respect for the car. Take as much time off as you can going back. One extra week the second time made a huge difference.

I have 6+ weeks left until the Doctor said I could go back before he has even seen me for a review. I get 100% pay for short term disability so I am in no rush to go back to work anyways.

I decided on a Silverado SS as the replacement, hoping the Camaro sells in short order, if not still going to pick up this other truck and then put the money down against the loan principal....

All black and blacked out to tow the Marauder to Lousiville will be the plan!

:banana2:

Fingers crossed all goes as planned.

lji372
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I have 6+ weeks left until the Doctor said I could go back before he has even seen me for a review. I get 100% pay for short term disability so I am in no rush to go back to work anyways.

I decided on a Silverado SS as the replacement, hoping the Camaro sells in short order, if not still going to pick up this other truck and then put the money down against the loan principal....

All black and blacked out to tow the Marauder to Lousiville will be the plan!

:banana2:

Fingers crossed all goes as planned.

Towing a marauder to an event is just crazy talk :shake:

:D

Limited360
12-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Psh. I'm a sissy . I'll have the front covered to protect from stone chipping even!!!

Limited360
12-21-2013, 10:47 AM
New Winter ride... sold the Camaro...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1499635_10151760025231784_5240 87783_n.jpg

Need to verify it has some engine work to support this mod...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1477751_10151759274866784_1179 087544_n.jpg