PDA

View Full Version : Winter part II

Bigdogjim
12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Well it looks like 4"-6" is heading this way Tuesday 12/10. Yesterday Sunday 8.5" fell in Philadelphia which was more then all of last Winter.

Still I am out of commission and can not plow! Sucks to see all the "money" on the ground and ain't ***** I can do to make some!:bigcry:

Oh well better days are ahead!:beer:

WhatsUpDOHC
12-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Yup. Gonna be fun.

Bigdogjim
12-09-2013, 06:39 PM
For you maybe as I am sitting this out!

Bluerauder
12-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Well it looks like 4"-6" is heading this way Tuesday 12/10.

Same here. It is supposed to start around 6:00 AM and last until mid-afternoon with accumulations of 4-6 inches in my zone. More west and north. Will reassess tomorrow morning. I may just blow off the day at work since I was one of the few that made the trip today. :)

whitey
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
This should be a good opportunity to make some snow shoveling money, as im **** off.....again<<<wtf.....i guess im "lying" off now? thats ridiculous

IwantmyMMnow!
12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
This should be a good opportunity to make some snow shoveling money, as im **** off.....again

Shame on you for using THAT word! :lol:

I laugh every time I see this in a post...:D

Hope you find employment soon....

Mebot
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Same here. It is supposed to start around 6:00 AM and last until mid-afternoon with accumulations of 4-6 inches in my zone. More west and north. Will reassess tomorrow morning. I may just blow off the day at work since I was one of the few that made the trip today. :)

You know the same forecast was given almost 3 yrs ago on Jan 26, 2011. There was nothing extraordinary about the weather prediction; no blizzard-like conditions, no foot accumulations or anything like that. But what crippled the DC area was the sheer timing of it.

Charlie, you remember the Snow-maggedon on Jan 26. Cars stuck for 8-9 hours. Abandoned vehicles, multiple crashes, and snow that fell fast and heavy. The federal govt decided to let workers out early and the sheer volume of vehicles on the road compounded with low visibility and icy conditions made traffic come literally to a halt.

I'm hoping we have learned our lessons, but we'll see tomorrow.

Got_1
12-10-2013, 09:33 AM
This should be a good opportunity to make some snow shoveling money, as im **** off.....again<<<wtf.....i guess im "lying" off now? thats ridiculous

You're right. That is so ridiculous!! Last I checked infants and children couldn't legally own/drive a car so chances of them being on a marauder enthusiasts site is slim so why the hell are we censoring l.a.i.d???

Saying,"I got l.a.i.d last night," is already PG considering the alternatives one could use instead!

Ladyhawke
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
No infants and children may not be on this site, but our focus is still to be clean and family oriented. Your play of words was inappropriate.

Now back to the snow ...

rayjay
12-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, oops, forgot I moved... :D 72* and rain here.

Baconbit
12-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, oops, forgot I moved... :D 72* and rain here.

You lucky dog, Hi RayJay :wave:

Bigdogjim
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Stopped snowing in my area around 1PM got about 3", not as much as they warned us was heading our way.

Round II finished and now to sit back and look ahead to round III.

whitey
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Stopped snowing in my area around 1PM got about 3", not as much as they warned us was heading our way.

Round II finished and now to sit back and look ahead to round III.

OoOoOoOoOo....i hope its a blizzard! Like statewide emergency style!!!

rayjay
12-12-2013, 06:20 PM
You lucky dog, Hi RayJay :wave:

Hey guy! Hows the job? I don't miss it. :D

jerrym3
12-12-2013, 06:25 PM
With a storm coming this Saturday, I took the Galaxie out today and plan to take the retro Bird out tomorrow to get their juices circulating for a little while.

Then, the next trip out of the garage is up to nature.