PDA

View Full Version : mach 1 chin spoiler

cer0413
12-11-2013, 06:03 AM
So my mach 1 chin thingy mer-gig spoiler came in the mail. I wanted to know did any one have issues with the install? The instructions are pretty well explained but did anyone have trouble while installing it? I plan on doing mines as soon as the snow dries here in the windy city.

Haggis
12-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Measure twice drill once.

airjordan2k8
12-11-2013, 08:50 AM
So my mach 1 chin thingy mer-gig spoiler came in the mail. I wanted to know did any one have issues with the install? The instructions are pretty well explained but did anyone have trouble while installing it? I plan on doing mines as soon as the snow dries here in the windy city.
May i ask where you ordered from??

fastblackmerc
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Measure twice drill once.

+1....

Use 1/4" plastic rivets to secure

Mark center of bumper with tape, mark center of spoiler with tape

cer0413
12-11-2013, 01:23 PM
May i ask where you ordered from??
Stangmod.com

JOEMERC
12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I would wait to install it if you plan to drive it in the snow ,with that installed it lowers your ground clearance over the snow and frozen slush piled high on the ground .May rip it off or tear it,my .02.

jimlam56
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I would wait to install it if you plan to drive it in the snow ,with that installed it lowers your ground clearance over the snow and frozen slush piled high on the ground .May rip it off or tear it,my .02.

Plus one on that, you will have about 6 inches of ground clearance with a stock MM stance and the air dam.

TP Derrick D
12-11-2013, 08:43 PM
+1....

Use 1/4" plastic rivets to secure

Mark center of bumper with tape, mark center of spoiler with tape

On the plastic rivets...if possible get some metal screws of same size to replace, those plastic rivets WILL pull out. Guess its from constant pressure of wind pushing against it but mine pulled out somewhere between Alabama and Dallas/Ft Worth, luckily only the center ones came out and it held on by the 3-4 on each side so it didn't drag or worse come completely off but it was only a couple inches off the ground in the center.

jwibbity
12-11-2013, 08:50 PM
i used the metal hardware that came with mine, didnt trust the plastic stuff anyway

ajdereicup
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
When I put mine on I used all stainless steel hardware to install it so it wont fall off nor rust. When I helped a member here install his and his Uncles we used the plastic tabs. Last I saw on his it was still holding up good.

It's really easy for the most part. Unless you run into a spot where the bumper was repaired like we did on the one and had to just work around it. And you just need to make sure you use the right drill bit for whatever your using to secure it. If you need any help with it lemme know I'm on the west side

cer0413
12-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Hey and thanks for the info guys

fastblackmerc
12-12-2013, 07:48 AM
On the plastic rivets...if possible get some metal screws of same size to replace, those plastic rivets WILL pull out. Guess its from constant pressure of wind pushing against it but mine pulled out somewhere between Alabama and Dallas/Ft Worth, luckily only the center ones came out and it held on by the 3-4 on each side so it didn't drag or worse come completely off but it was only a couple inches off the ground in the center.

Mine been on with plastic rivets for about 5 or 6 years so far......

Mr. Man
12-12-2013, 11:22 AM
A thin bead of silicone between the bumper and the spoiler will help prevent the dreaded whistle some members have experienced.

Might also consider doing it in a warm garage or wait til warmer weather so the vinyls are more pliable..

sabtaj1
12-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Well it's been forever since I've been on here. Miss my marauder. Could you answer a question for me? With the chin spoiler laying flat normal, what is the width from tip to tip? Wanna try it on my new vehicle. Not sure if it'll work but nobody has done it on this car. I'll let ya know what it is after I make sure it's gonna work. ;-) thanks. Jason. Ps. You will love the chin spoiler on the marauder. I used short self tapping stainless Phillips head screws to install on mine.

sabtaj1
12-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Can anyone of y'all post a measurement for me? Just need to know the width like end to end of the Mach 1 chin spoiler? Would be greatly appreciated. I had one on my old marauder and now I would like to see if I can get one to work on my 13 ecoboost flex. Nobody has even thought of it that I've seen. And it works on a lot of vehicles. Thanks in advance and happy holidays!! Jason

cshorts
12-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Hard to get a real accurate measurement as the car is tucked in the garage but I got about 62" between the furthest point (outside edge to outside edge) the way it is mounted on my Marauder.

sabtaj1
12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Awesome!! Thank you so much!!! Now I gotta get out in the garage and do some measuring.

1Marauder
12-23-2013, 11:54 PM
+1 on the HEAt and warmth... I'd want the bumper and the spoiler to be 80+ degrees

Brent
12-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Stangmod.com

I noticed stangmod offers two; thru 98 and 99 & after Which years fit Marauder best?

Brent
04 DTR

L.Mark
12-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Not to hijack, but, as a daily driver how sensible is it to install a spoiler with snow coming...don't real.y want to replace a front bumper because I was playing snowploww...:(

fastblackmerc
12-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Not to hijack, but, as a daily driver how sensible is it to install a spoiler with snow coming...don't real.y want to replace a front bumper because I was playing snowploww...:(

If you attach the spoiler with plastic rivets instead of nuts & bolts, the spoiler will pop off instead of doing damage to the bumper cover if you hit anything.

Limited360
12-30-2013, 08:24 AM
If you attach the spoiler with plastic rivets instead of nuts & bolts, the spoiler will pop off instead of doing damage to the bumper cover if you hit anything.

+1 on this. Bought a bag of 100 plastic style rivet clips for $9.99 on amazon. Needed a few for my daily driver too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) so I may sound retarded.

Panther
12-30-2013, 09:05 AM
I was thinking of putting one on my MM but mine is lowered in the front not sure how it would hold up.

sent from the road

jwibbity
12-30-2013, 09:35 AM
I was thinking of putting one on my MM but mine is lowered in the front not sure how it would hold up.

sent from the road

lowered front end+chin spoiler=alot of scrapping

i scrape mine about 4-5 times a week pulling into parking spots with those little stopper thingies

and mine is not even lowered.......yet....lol

Panther
12-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Well thanks for the heads up I will keep that in mind and won't be getting one. They look good tho.

sent from the road

L.Mark
12-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Good to know...better to loose the spoiler than, well I won't even say it out loud...:shake:

Limited360
12-30-2013, 05:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/31/rusesezu.jpg

I'll be adding my Mach 1 chin spoiler I wrapped in carbon fiber in the spring. Once I get camber bolts I'll go a bit lower I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) so I may sound retarded.

L.Mark
12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Any lower and you'll be sweeping dirt...:P...;)...I like the stance though...

Panther
12-31-2013, 11:02 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/31/rusesezu.jpg

I'll be adding my Mach 1 chin spoiler I wrapped in carbon fiber in the spring. Once I get camber bolts I'll go a bit lower I think

What did you do to get it that low. My springs were cut and mine sits like that. But it's a rough ride. I have low profile tires on the car now 20s. I am about to put MM rims on it now to see how it rides.

sent from the road

Limited360
12-31-2013, 12:39 PM
What did you do to get it that low. My springs were cut and mine sits like that. But it's a rough ride. I have low profile tires on the car now 20s. I am about to put MM rims on it now to see how it rides.

sent from the road

QA1 coilovers in front running -2.0 camber, best I can get on stock camber bolts. Hence the replacements in spring.

rear is stock air bag with QA1 shocks.

Panther
01-01-2014, 09:20 PM
QA1 coilovers in front running -2.0 camber, best I can get on stock camber bolts. Hence the replacements in spring.

rear is stock air bag with QA1 shocks.

If you don't mind me asking were did you get the QA1 coilover from. And how's the ride.

sent from the road

Limited360
01-02-2014, 03:36 AM
If you don't mind me asking were did you get the QA1 coilover from. And how's the ride.

sent from the road

Rides nicer than stock since the dampening is adjustable. Came with the car....

JBeezy
01-02-2014, 09:03 AM
What type of springs are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Blk04MM
01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
I want to lower but don't want to have the inner tire ware come back

Limited360
01-02-2014, 10:58 AM
What type of springs are they?

I'd have to ask original owner if he got specific spring rate. But it rides wonderful. Cushy when I want and stiff when I want it...

JBeezy
01-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I want to lower but don't want to have the inner tire ware come back

Purchase the camber kit from summit. Part#87365

MMcactusflower
01-05-2014, 08:38 AM
When I put my front spoiler on my DRT, I made sure to measure and drill very carefully..several times measuring as has been mentioned. I also put wood blocks under the part of the spoiler that was not being mounted so it would not bend...also used stainless self-taping screws. No problems after a year of use...of course we do not get much snow or ice here in the texas hill country and I am very careful when approaching curb stops and such.
Good luck with yours. They look great on our MMs.