PDA

View Full Version : Smack!!!

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning and I'm behind an Orkin truck.....
Next thing I know, SMACK!!!!! This sign comes flying out from under the Orkin truck and smacks my windshield!!! "WTF!!!" (I said to myself, since my daughter was with me).....After I got over the initial heart attack....I got to the school and checked for damages.....LUCKY FOR ME and ORKIN....the only damage was the heart attack I had!!! I went ahead and called Orkin and gave them the truck number....the tech driving the truck had already reported it to his manager....He told his manager, "I looked in my rear view mirror and I saw this sign hit this gorgeous black car right on the windshield and fly off!!!" "Man that car was awesome, I hope it didn't do any damage!!!" The manager said IF there was any damage, just let him know and he would take car of it!! He was super nice and more than willing to take full responsibility even though the sign didn't actually come off their truck!!
Which I think is pretty KEWL!!:rock:

Paul T. Casey
03-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Glad that pretty ride is A-OK. Oh yeah you too (j/k). It is nice to know there are some folks who take that personal responsibility thing seriously still. Hey, I'll see you at FFW! Just checking their web site for rules before.

dwasson
03-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Good thing there was no damage.

Last month I was driving the penalty box (Kia Sedona) in the second to the right line on the freeway to work. I see the SUV in front of me swerve left, causing all of the traffic in the lane to my left to take evasive action. Then there is a metal box the size of a two drawer file cabinet right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard but hit the box anyway going about 45 mph. The box explodes into a cloud of foam and I realize that it is an air plenum that blew out of the back of a furnace company truck that is stopped on the shoulder. The box was made of that foam insulation so there was no damage except for the year or two it took off my life.

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey, I'll see you at FFW! .
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I don't think I'm gonna get to make it to FFW! We are closing on our new house Friday the 16th and of course moving that weekend.
BUT.....we've called in ALL those who are able to help us move....so, maybe, just maybe, we can make it up there Sunday, if nothing else.
hmmmmm......or.....if there are enough people scuffling around movin' stuff, maybe they won't miss me if I sneak away for the weekend!! (yeah RIGHT!):D

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Good thing there was no damage.

Last month I was driving the penalty box (Kia Sedona) in the second to the right line on the freeway to work. I see the SUV in front of me swerve left, causing all of the traffic in the lane to my left to take evasive action. Then there is a metal box the size of a two drawer file cabinet right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard but hit the box anyway going about 45 mph. The box explodes into a cloud of foam and I realize that it is an air plenum that blew out of the back of a furnace company truck that is stopped on the shoulder. The box was made of that foam insulation so there was no damage except for the year or two it took off my life.
Talk about FEAR FACTOR!! Whew!! That'll get your ol ticker pumpin'!!

martyo
03-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Tell 'em it knocked the super charger right off of your car and they have to replace it!

Cobra25
03-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Glad to hear that you and your Daughter didn't get hurt.

Paul T. Casey
03-31-2004, 10:13 AM
You mean Todd isn't going to move you?

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Tell 'em it knocked the super charger right off of your car and they have to replace it!
:lol: Good idea!!

Hmmmm....come to think of it.......We could have been killed!! That sounds like a multi million dollar law suit!! Ahem....do you know a good lawyer?????;) ;) ;)
(hee hee hee hee)

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
You mean Todd isn't going to move you?
As Marty would say......

Todd, move???? That would require physical activity!!:baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

MERCMAN
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Guess the driver of the truck was just working the bugs out of it. :lol:

MARAUDERCHICK
03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Guess the driver of the truck was just working the bugs out of it. :lol: