PDA

View Full Version : Finally sold the SS

rookie1
03-31-2004, 12:00 PM
So, after much deliberation and constant threats from my significant other, I finally sold my Impala SS. She was a 1995 model with 142,000 miles. She was also the only gal I cheated on my wife with(well, umm....errrr....kinda...if it were possible...........you know what I mean).
I paid $23,500 new for her when I bought her 9 years ago and we were very close, she really understood me, always knew when to silently urge me to open her up a little, always let me know when she wanted to smoke the ricer parked at the light next to her...............ahhhhhhhhh it'll be sad when she finally pulls away for the last time.
I'm self employed so I got to depreciate all but about $5,000 of her when she was my daily driver and I sold her for $8,500 to a guy from NY(ain't the internet great?). He and his wife are flying into Chicago for the weekend and picking up the car Friday afternoon them driving her back home. I told him how most of the parking valets still park her up front at the cooler restaurants and clubs.
One can only hope I do that well financially with my new girlfriend the raven black MM who seduced me so thoroughly and coincidentally is already starting to know me pretty well also.
A final pic of my soon to be gone gal.

merc406
03-31-2004, 12:13 PM
This post^^ is Rated -R- :lol:

troopcar
03-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Rookie,
My sympathies to you. It's too bad you couldn't keep both beauties. It must have been fun driving both of them. But it sounds like you're taking it well. And I'm sure the new owners will take good care of her.

Between the MM and the LT1 Caprice (poor man's SS), I'm happy driving either one. The MM does have lots more creature comforts than the 9C1, is much newer, and has about 137,000 fewer miles, but I love 'em both for what they are.

Best of luck with your MM, and may she make you at least as happy as black beauty No. 1.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/r/teeth.gif

troopcar

Fourth Horseman
03-31-2004, 02:26 PM
So, after much deliberation and constant threats from my significant other, I finally sold my Impala SS. She was a 1995 model with 142,000 miles. She was also the only gal I cheated on my wife with(well, umm....errrr....kinda...if it were possible...........you know what I mean).
I paid $23,500 new for her when I bought her 9 years ago and we were very close, she really understood me, always knew when to silently urge me to open her up a little, always let me know when she wanted to smoke the ricer parked at the light next to her...............ahhhhhhhhh it'll be sad when she finally pulls away for the last time.
I'm self employed so I got to depreciate all but about $5,000 of her when she was my daily driver and I sold her for $8,500 to a guy from NY(ain't the internet great?). He and his wife are flying into Chicago for the weekend and picking up the car Friday afternoon them driving her back home. I told him how most of the parking valets still park her up front at the cooler restaurants and clubs.
One can only hope I do that well financially with my new girlfriend the raven black MM who seduced me so thoroughly and coincidentally is already starting to know me pretty well also.
A final pic of my soon to be gone gal.

Bummer. Would have been nice to keep her. :cry:

bigslim
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
John Derek used to do the same thing with women. He liked young blond women that looked the same and you like big black cars.

rookie1
04-01-2004, 05:01 AM
John Derek used to do the same thing with women. He liked young blond women that looked the same and you like big black cars.
big black rwd v8 American cars with big butts.

Fin Harder 92
04-01-2004, 06:40 AM
I am very pleased with my MM. With that said, I have a real soft spot in my heart for the Impy. It is definitely a meaner looking car, a real sled. Go out in the garage a have a good cry, it's warrented.

Take Care

Smokie
04-01-2004, 09:11 AM
That's gotta hurt, I know the Marauder will make you happy, but keeping the SS would have been really special.