PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Braided Hoses

MM2004
12-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Let's discuss.

Who's running them, and where is a good source to purchase?

Not sure if it is a better idea to have them custom made with end fitting, which is very expensive or to just buy the hoses and the magna fittings and go from there?

Is there an option to buy the braiding and slip over my existing hoses?

If anyone has pics of their braided lines, post 'em up.

Mike.

CWright
12-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Let's discuss.

Not sure if it is a better idea to have them custom made with end fitting, which is very expensive or to just buy the hoses and the magna fittings and go from there?

Mike.

Motown step in here! He's got the info you need Mike.

Spectragod
12-28-2013, 07:33 AM
It depends on the application, if you are planning on using these for a catch can, you will need a hose that won't collapse or expand with boost or vacuum. You also won't want something that will deteriorate with the application of involved chemicals for your application.

Your can will also need AN fittings attached to it, in my case, I had to TIG AN ends onto my cans.

You can get colors for the ends and the line as well.....

I wouldn't waste my time with "slip on" braid, go big or go home.

martyo
12-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I would not generally recommend them for a DD/street car application, so tell us why you want to use them. What are your perceived benefits?

jwibbity
12-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I would not generally recommend them for a DD/street car application, so tell us why you want to use them. What are your perceived benefits?

because they look cool???

Mr. Man
12-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Get in touch with Sir Pink he has them on his. :D

MM2004
12-28-2013, 12:24 PM

One word Martin;

BLING!

:D

Mike.

MM2004
12-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Get in touch with Sir Pink he has them on his. :D

Yes, we have spoke.

Just looking around for ideas/places to get me some.

:P

Mike.

Joe Walsh
12-28-2013, 12:30 PM
If your Marauder is a daily driver, or even driven fairly often in crappy weather....don't waste your time.

I had braided hoses on my frequently driven Mustang and they were a royal PITA to keep clean.
If you are looking for show car bling and seldom drive your Marauder in bad weather, then have at it!

As I get older and have less time & patience for cleaning my engine, I've found that a quick spray of silicone on the OEM rubber hoses looks pretty good and saves more time for drinking a cold beer!

MOTOWN
12-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Let's discuss.

Mike.

Well lets give this a look see! ive always liked braided lines over rubber hose, most of mines are Earls, and Russel fittings, with Jegs pro flo 200 braided lines.
Braided lines are a good choice for a bling bling project, obviously not something your going to invest in a daily driver, but most of our cars arent daily driven.
The down side, they are very exspensive when you start ordering fittings and couplers, and everything else you need to get it done, as for magna fittings and that slip over stuff dont waste your money it looks terrible!:shake:
It comes down to what you want, you have to be happy with it at the end of the day.
I say go for it!:banana:

guspech750
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
If your Marauder is a daily driver, or even driven fairly often in crappy weather....don't waste your time.

I had braided hoses on my frequently driven Mustang and they were a royal PITA to keep clean.
If you are looking for show car bling and seldom drive your Marauder in bad weather, then have at it!

As I get older and have less time & patience for cleaning my engine, I've found that a quick spray of silicone on the OEM rubber hoses looks pretty good and saves more time for drinking a cold beer!

I'm with Joe here. I like just being able to spray them and leave it be.

But the braided hoses sure look really good when done right with the real deal. Not the fakey's.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

FastMerc
12-29-2013, 01:04 PM
My opinion on those hoses comes from experience. I had them on my 67 Pontiac. the 1st 2 years they looked awesome then they start to tarnish and when road grim starts getting into them they are a pain to clean. And then when they start to frey forget it its over. Just my opinion like I said!

massacre
12-29-2013, 07:58 PM
I run Aeroquip hose from Jeg's, with mostly Red Horse Performance fittings.

I have the koul tools and the vise jaws and made all the lines myself.

If you are worried about maintenance then maybe not the best choice for you.