PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Insurance

Panther
12-31-2013, 06:55 PM
I just signed the marauder up for Collectors Insurance i am using classic underwriters great price.

sent from the road

guspech750
12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Very good to know. Thank you.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Mr. Man
12-31-2013, 08:47 PM
I just signed the marauder up for Collectors Insurance i am using classic underwriters great price.

sent from the road
Are you going for the triangle sticker?

Panther
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Are you going for the triangle sticker?

I was wondering how to get a triangle sticker I saw one on a viper one day at a show what has to be done to get one any information would be helpful thanks.

sent from the road

Mr. Man
01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
I was wondering how to get a triangle sticker I saw one on a viper one day at a show what has to be done to get one any information would be helpful thanks.

sent from the roadLook on the States DMV website, all the info should be there. :)

gohogs
01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Let me know more. I signed up with Mecum's Collector Car insurance in October for both my Marauders. They issued a policy....I cancelled my regular insurance and paid full year premium. Two months later, they issued a cancellation notice effective Jan 14th. LATE MODEL, FOUR DOOR SEDANS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE!!

WTF....you'd think they would know that from the get go. I told them that history would prove them wrong, but arguing the point is useless.

VMARAUDER
01-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I purchased Classic Underwriters for 357.00 / year - no speed contest
agreed value is $20k

Limited360
01-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Just put in for a quote from them.. I need agreed upon value insurance for sure!

DWSTANG67
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM

sent from the road

I had this sticker on a couple of other cars, I wanted to do the marauder but cant stay under the 3,000 miles a year

Its not that hard to get, just fill out the collector registration form pay ther money and you get a special registration. Then go over to inspection guys and they verify that your odometer works, by having you drive around until number changes. Then you get your triangle sticker

If you break the 3,000 miles you cannot have this registration the next year they make you get a regular registration

2,4shofast
01-03-2014, 06:56 AM
I hvae went back and fourth with 4 different insurance companies. I always get the run around with it and never a straight answer. THe last two years I have put less than 1k miles on it because I dont want a check for 5K when it gets totalled.:argue: I wish they would give me a straight answer.

lji372
01-03-2014, 07:49 AM
mods could you sticky this carriers info

yes they cover our cars IF they are garaged, and NOT daily drivers.

Classic Underwriters
400 Horsham Road, Suite 121
P.O. Box 2016
Horsham, PA 19044
Direct: 267-282-6077
Toll free: 866-986-3379
Fax: 267-282-6078

Black Dynamite
01-03-2014, 07:52 AM
...But not in every state, unfortunately for me.

lji372
01-03-2014, 07:56 AM
...But not in every state, unfortunately for me.

that blows!!

hmm is blows still on the approved word list:confused:

FW_Linc/Merc
01-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I use this company. Stated value reasonable mileage limit and I can drive it to work.

http://www.anpac.com/

MMcactusflower
01-04-2014, 08:17 AM
i have been meaning to call some of the classic car insurers...since my 23,500 mile DRT only gets out of the garage on pretty days or gets driven to car shows in the area...and i am bloody tired of paying for 'regular' type insurance at this point.
So this thread is very timely for me...even though it is saturday, i called classic underwriters and left a message about insuring my MM...if they provide coverage in texas and so on...hope to talk to the them monday.
Thanks guys.

Panther
01-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Just looked up info on New Jersey I will be sending in the application next week to get this done. COLLECTOR VEHICLE STATUS FACT SHEET The following information outlines the Motor Vehicle Commission’s (MVC) policy and procedures to obtain Collector Vehicle Status for your vehicle as of September 1, 2007. Definition The New Jersey Administrative Code (NJAC) defines Collector Motor Vehicle in Title 13:20-43.1 as a vehicle that does not qualify for “historic vehicle” or “street rod” designation. Vehicles that qualify for Collector Vehicle Status are limited production vehicles, not driven in excess of the 3,000 mile annual odometer restriction, are insured by a limited-use insurance policy, and do not include vehicles that have been altered in appearance or from manufacturers’ specifications. Collector Vehicle Qualifications  The vehicle must be registered in the State of New Jersey.  The vehicle must be less than 25 years old to qualify for Collector Vehicle Status.  The vehicle must have been manufactured in limited supply or there must be evidence that the model is currently in limited quantity.  The vehicle must maintain an operable odometer.  The vehicle’s chassis cannot be altered: High/low rise chassis are examples of altered chassis.  The vehicle cannot be a kit or replica vehicle, or be identified as a reconstructed vehicle.  The vehicle is not qualified as a street rod as provided in N.J.S.A. 39:3-27.27.  Collector Vehicles are subject to all applicable equipment requirements for year of manufacture and although not subject to inspection, they may be issued a summons for equipment violations if the required equipment is not maintained. Initial Application Process  Any application for Collector Vehicle Status processed after September 1, 2007 must be approved by the I/M Support Unit. This can only be done by mailing your request to the Motor Vehicle Commission, Collector Vehicle Status, I/M Support Unit, 225 East State Street, P.O. Box 680, Trenton, NJ 08666-0680.  All applicants must submit evidence from either the manufacturer, a recognized car club (on letterhead) or collector organization that the vehicle applying for Collector Vehicle Status was issued in a limited edition quantity or that a limited quantity of the original production run remains.  The applicant must submit an Application for Collector Vehicle Status, Form SS-66. This document can be obtained either at your local motor vehicle or down-loaded directly from the MVC Webpage at http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/About/Forms.htm .  The applicant must provide proof of limited use insurance: declaration page or insurance card, which indicates the limited-use status of the vehicle.  Photographs of the vehicle must be provided and include the following views: straight on views of front end, passenger side, driver side and rear end of vehicle.  After MVC’s review, the applicant will receive either an approval letter to be used to purchase a Collector Vehicle Voucher or denial letter stating the reason(s) why the voucher was denied, or a request for additional information. COLLECTOR VEHICLE STATUS FACT SHEET  Upon receipt of an approval letter, an applicant must present the original application, the approval letter with the raised seal and $ 25.00 (check, money order, credit card or cash) to any motor vehicle agency for the issuance of a Collector Vehicle Voucher. Vouchers expire 90 days from issuance. Issuance of Collector Vehicle Sticker  Once the Collector Vehicle Voucher is issued, the vehicle must be presented to any centralized inspection facility. At that time, an inspector will verify and record the mileage on the vehicle’s odometer. The applicant will be required to provide the inspector with his/her driver license, vehicle registration, Collector Vehicle Voucher and proof of insurance. With the completion of the verification process, a triangular-shaped Collector Vehicle Decal will be issued by the inspector which will expire two years from the day of issuance. Renewal Application Process  Two years from the issuance of the initial or renewal Collector Vehicle Voucher, the applicant is required to obtain another voucher or renewal which can be purchased at any motor vehicle agency.  Vehicles granted Collector Vehicle Status will be permitted to be issued a renewal voucher until it reaches 25 model years old. If the vehicle is to be renewed on its 24th model year, it will be issued a Collector Vehicle Status Sticker expiring with the vehicle registration. When the sticker and vehicle registration expire, the motorist will have to decide whether to have the vehicle inspected or have it registered as “Historic Vehicle.”  At the time of renewal, the applicant must provide a completed Application for Collector Vehicle Status (Form SS-66) and initial Collector Vehicle Report and check, money order, credit card or cash in the amount of $10.00. Vouchers also expire 90 days from issuance.  Upon receipt of the renewed Collector Vehicle Sta

sent from the road

jwibbity
01-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Just looked up info on New Jersey I will be sending in the application next week to get this done. COLLECTOR VEHICLE STATUS FACT SHEET The following information outlines the Motor Vehicle Commission’s (MVC) policy and procedures to obtain Collector Vehicle Status for your vehicle as of September 1, 2007. Definition The New Jersey Administrative Code (NJAC) defines Collector Motor Vehicle in Title 13:20-43.1 as a vehicle that does not qualify for “historic vehicle” or “street rod” designation. Vehicles that qualify for Collector Vehicle Status are limited production vehicles, not driven in excess of the 3,000 mile annual odometer restriction, are insured by a limited-use insurance policy, and do not include vehicles that have been altered in appearance or from manufacturers’ specifications. Collector Vehicle Qualifications  The vehicle must be registered in the State of New Jersey.  The vehicle must be less than 25 years old to qualify for Collector Vehicle Status.  The vehicle must have been manufactured in limited supply or there must be evidence that the model is currently in limited quantity.  The vehicle must maintain an operable odometer.  The vehicle’s chassis cannot be altered: High/low rise chassis are examples of altered chassis.  The vehicle cannot be a kit or replica vehicle, or be identified as a reconstructed vehicle.  The vehicle is not qualified as a street rod as provided in N.J.S.A. 39:3-27.27.  Collector Vehicles are subject to all applicable equipment requirements for year of manufacture and although not subject to inspection, they may be issued a summons for equipment violations if the required equipment is not maintained. Initial Application Process  Any application for Collector Vehicle Status processed after September 1, 2007 must be approved by the I/M Support Unit. This can only be done by mailing your request to the Motor Vehicle Commission, Collector Vehicle Status, I/M Support Unit, 225 East State Street, P.O. Box 680, Trenton, NJ 08666-0680.  All applicants must submit evidence from either the manufacturer, a recognized car club (on letterhead) or collector organization that the vehicle applying for Collector Vehicle Status was issued in a limited edition quantity or that a limited quantity of the original production run remains.  The applicant must submit an Application for Collector Vehicle Status, Form SS-66. This document can be obtained either at your local motor vehicle or down-loaded directly from the MVC Webpage at http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/About/Forms.htm .  The applicant must provide proof of limited use insurance: declaration page or insurance card, which indicates the limited-use status of the vehicle.  Photographs of the vehicle must be provided and include the following views: straight on views of front end, passenger side, driver side and rear end of vehicle.  After MVC’s review, the applicant will receive either an approval letter to be used to purchase a Collector Vehicle Voucher or denial letter stating the reason(s) why the voucher was denied, or a request for additional information. COLLECTOR VEHICLE STATUS FACT SHEET  Upon receipt of an approval letter, an applicant must present the original application, the approval letter with the raised seal and $ 25.00 (check, money order, credit card or cash) to any motor vehicle agency for the issuance of a Collector Vehicle Voucher. Vouchers expire 90 days from issuance. Issuance of Collector Vehicle Sticker  Once the Collector Vehicle Voucher is issued, the vehicle must be presented to any centralized inspection facility. At that time, an inspector will verify and record the mileage on the vehicle’s odometer. The applicant will be required to provide the inspector with his/her driver license, vehicle registration, Collector Vehicle Voucher and proof of insurance. With the completion of the verification process, a triangular-shaped Collector Vehicle Decal will be issued by the inspector which will expire two years from the day of issuance. Renewal Application Process  Two years from the issuance of the initial or renewal Collector Vehicle Voucher, the applicant is required to obtain another voucher or renewal which can be purchased at any motor vehicle agency.  Vehicles granted Collector Vehicle Status will be permitted to be issued a renewal voucher until it reaches 25 model years old. If the vehicle is to be renewed on its 24th model year, it will be issued a Collector Vehicle Status Sticker expiring with the vehicle registration. When the sticker and vehicle registration expire, the motorist will have to decide whether to have the vehicle inspected or have it registered as “Historic Vehicle.”  At the time of renewal, the applicant must provide a completed Application for Collector Vehicle Status (Form SS-66) and initial Collector Vehicle Report and check, money order, credit card or cash in the amount of $10.00. Vouchers also expire 90 days from issuance.  Upon receipt of the renewed Collector Vehicle Sta

sent from the road

i dont think ill ever qualify for collectors insurance....:depress: