PDA

View Full Version : Lighting / LCM question for our electrical geniuses

69marquis conv
01-01-2014, 05:50 AM
I'd like to get your input on a lighting issue that has developed in a Grand Marquis. I have an intermittent park light outage issue that I believe might be one of the relays. Two years ago I soldered in a replacement headlight relay (w/ higher amp rating) in this car, and it has performed perfectly since. Does anyone have any idea which of the other three relays in the LCM engages the park light circuit? And, have you heard of this issue?

69marquis conv
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm happy to report that I discovered where the park lamp relay is and have replaced it with one with a higher current rating. The process is just the same as for upgrading your headlight relay. If you can solder and desolder, you can do it. Just make sure you get good fusion through the board. No need to deal with shipping and paying someone else to do something you can do yourself- not to mention the hassle of trying to get a response back from an LCM repair tech. It's about a 1.5 hour job- for someone like me that has only removed the LCM once before.

Spectragod
01-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Good to hear you got it worked out. unfortunately, FOMOCO doesn't have a schematic for the LCM that they share with the rest of us. But smart folks such as yourself are able to figure these things out on your own, and that, is a great asset to the Panther community..