PDA

View Full Version : Marauder discontinued

Mike M
04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Just saw this...maybe old news.

<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><HR noShade SIZE=1> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height="100%">By Amy Wilson
Automotive News / March 22, 2004

DETROIT - Mercury will drop the Marauder performance sedan after the 2004 model year. Production of the Marauder at the St. Thomas, Ontario, assembly plant will end in June, a Mercury spokesman said last week.

"We made a decision to concentrate our resources on the new launches," Mercury spokesman Todd Nissen said. Mercury will introduce the Montego sedan and Mariner sport wagon in September.

Mercury doesn't break out sales for the Marauder, which is part of the Grand Marquis family. The Marauder's base sticker is $34,945, including the destination charge.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Fourth Horseman
04-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Yup, old news. The car was never planned to be a long run. Welcome to the site!

Mike M
04-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Yup, old news. The car was never planned to be a long run. Welcome to the site!
Thanks but I've been a member here since the beginning. :-)

Logan
04-01-2004, 04:15 PM
This same press release has been mentioned ohhhhhhh about 10 times in the last week or so...

Fourth Horseman
04-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks but I've been a member here since the beginning. :-)

Well then, quit posting so darn much. :lol:

SergntMac
04-02-2004, 10:14 AM
This same press release has been mentioned ohhhhhhh about 10 times in the last week or so...
Yeah...but is it true...

Mike M
04-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah...but is it true...
Seems to be true this time...my salesman who also owns a Marauder said he got the official word this week.
I am happy and sad about the news.
Mike

Logan
04-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I was actually emailed by one of the Mercury exec's confirming it as well. They simply cited a need to focus their budget on the car's they know they can sell in high volumes. Everyone at Mercury was really excited about Marauder's potential and the enthusiasm it generated, but ultimately, it comes down to dollar bills. Mercury doesn't get the budget that some of the other divisions do.

woaface
04-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Did you ever try questioning their sales abilities Logan? I wish you did...because, IMO if you don't try hard to sell something (starting with some decent advertisment) it's not going to sell.

I get really disappointed when all the really cool car commercials go to something like a Camry or Accord or BMW. I wonder "Why can't the Marauder have that?":depress: :alone:

Lowell
04-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Be happy if you have one. If you do not, go buy one. Soon.