PDA

View Full Version : PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster BBC 2014 Presented by Jeremy Clarkson

ctrlraven
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Full Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKTLXwKJt5w
eKTLXwKJt5w

Mr. Man
01-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Excellent 1 hour documentary. I highly suggest and request you take some time to watch this. I went to YouTube directly so I could watch it full screen.

Jeremy Clarkson does a great job of telling the story and what a story it is.

I had to stop the show at one point to clear a tear as a piece of dust or something got in my eye at the same moment one of the survivors was describing how his mates were dying on the raft and to lighten the boat they "just through the dead overboard unceremoniously.... at least he hoped they were dead" I can't imagine living with that thought for another 70 years.

These WWII guys are truly amazing in what they had to endure and I never EVER hear them complain about it.

God speed and calm seas to all of them

ctrlraven
01-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Excellent 1 hour documentary. I highly suggest and request you take some time to watch this. I went to YouTube directly so I could watch it full screen.

Jeremy Clarkson does a great job of telling the story and what a story it is.

I had to stop the show at one point to clear a tear as a piece of dust or something got in my eye at the same moment one of the survivors was describing how his mates were dying on the raft and to lighten the boat they "just through the dead overboard unceremoniously.... at least he hoped they were dead" I can't imagine living with that thought for another 70 years.

These WWII guys are truly amazing in what they had to endure and I never EVER hear them complain about it.

God speed and calm seas to all of them
I came across this video on another car site. It was nice to see him actually out at sea in the same areas as PQ17 was and not just reading something from behind a desk. Check out the other pieces of work Clarkson does.

Motorhead350
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
I will watch it later.

prchrman
01-24-2014, 05:30 AM
cliff notes please.

Motorhead350
01-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I just finished it.

Sometimes, you have to disobey orders to do the right thing.

Mr. Man
01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
cliff notes please.It's really worth the time to watch it. :)