PDA

View Full Version : A Kink in the Internet Connection ???

Bluerauder
01-25-2014, 02:17 PM
It seems that the MM.Net is responding very slowly today. Anybody else notice this?

Hey Mike, I think you are standing on the Internet cable. Move your foot. ;)

Mr. Man
01-25-2014, 02:23 PM
It seems that the MM.Net is responding very slowly today. Anybody else notice this?

Hey Mike, I think you are standing on the Internet cable. Move your foot. ;)
Time to upgrade from your 56K dial up buddy...:coolman:

jimbok1951
01-25-2014, 03:30 PM
This morning was good, now slow, agree Bluerauder.

Bluerauder
01-25-2014, 05:18 PM
This morning was good, now slow, agree Bluerauder.

Agreed. I keep getting a "Waiting for a response from MercuryMarauder.Net" note every time I click a new thread or move to a new page. Sometimes the wait is 20-30 seconds and I can assure you that it is NOT on my end. Maybe Server overload on the other end 'cause it is not affecting the loading of any other sites.

IwantmyMMnow!
01-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Time to upgrade from your 56K dial up buddy...:coolman:

56K?!?!? I thought I was the ****nit using 8K....

Agreed. I keep getting a "Waiting for a response from MercuryMarauder.Net" note every time I click a new thread or move to a new page. Sometimes the wait is 20-30 seconds and I can assure you that it is NOT on my end. Maybe Server overload on the other end 'cause it is not affecting the loading of any other sites.

You have to wait 20-30 seconds? :shake: ----->:D

Your comment reminded me of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EBhaULToU

Mr. Man
01-25-2014, 09:14 PM
56K?!?!? I thought I was the ****nit using 8K....

You have to wait 20-30 seconds? :shake: ----->:D

Your comment reminded me of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EBhaULToUWell his 56K was a vast improvement over his old connection that used semaphore.....oh wait he's an Army guy, should have said smoke signals :D

IwantmyMMnow!
01-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Well his 56K was a vast improvement over his old connection that used semaphore.....oh wait he's an Army guy, should have said smoke signals :D

Such language! Oh, you said semaPHore....;)

We all know that you had a rotary cell phone, however....:D

Mr. Man
01-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Such language! Oh, you said semaPHore....;)

We all know that you had a rotary cell phone, however....:D
and I never butt dialed anyone with it either :P

RF Overlord
01-27-2014, 08:11 AM
I keep getting a "Waiting for a response from MercuryMarauder.Net" note every time I click a new thread or move to a new page. Sometimes the wait is 20-30 seconds and I can assure you that it is NOT on my end. Maybe Server overload on the other end 'cause it is not affecting the loading of any other sites.To be clear, that message is generator by your browser. It doesn't mean the server isn't responding, it means the server's response has not been received, so it's entirely possible it's a routing issue or a problem with the interwebz between the server and your location. It doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with the server itself. I haven't noticed any unusual slow-down or response time issues with mm.net at all.

Motorhead350
01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
When your downloads from redtube are finished you should be ok.