PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, May 29: Teaser Chi-town Kruze

N40GL
04-02-2004, 10:19 AM
From IMOA - a :up: special :beer: invitation to Mercury Marauder owners:
============================== =========================
We will have a teaser Chi-Town Kruze on <b>Saturday, May 29, 2004</b>. The City of Chicago called me yesterday and they want 50 classic, custom or modified (pristine) cars to help open South Lake Shore Drive Viaducts (which lead to the beaches) between <b>10am and 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 29TH (Memorial Day Weekend)</b>.

<b>The dates for the Chi-Town Kruze have been set for the fall of 2005 (September 25TH or October 2ND. Since we will be utilizing Soldier Field, the date will be determined by the Chicago Bears 2005 schedule), however, we are looking for an alternate summer date.</b>

<b>We will have a Chi-Town Kruze tent and the media will cover this grand opening. Possibly Mayor Daley will be at this function. </b>

We will then Kruze together back using South Lake Shore Drive and end up at Balbo Drive near Buckingham Fountain. The City will have us park (they will clear the curb lane) in the parking lane.

We need to find at least 75 cars overall (so that we will end up with 50 for a successful Kruze). Marauder owners have been invited to be part of the event.

IMOA and I am asking you to participate and to forward your name, address, telephone number (include cell #), picture of their vehicle and email address to me via email at mark@keiser.us. I will get back to you on the meeting locations we are scheduled to staff.

So -- why're you waiting?

N40GL
04-05-2004, 07:57 AM
We will have a teaser Chi-Town Kruze ....

The Mayor's office just called and they only want cars older than 1979. I think that means ... ... ... we're cancelled. :cry: :fire: :bigcry: :eek: