PDA

View Full Version : I got hit by a snowplow Saturday night.......

larryo340
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM
.........Luckily (or not :( ) it was my DD Grand Marquis. I was almost home and in the parking lot at the garden apartment complex where I live when it happened. The car in front of me stopped to let the plow truck go at which point the truck crossed in front then stopped to our right...the car in front then proceeded and I followed, and just as I was passing behind the truck the reverse lights came on and I was OH SHEET !!! I'm not going to clear it. I turned hard left but there wasn't enough space between us and he caved in the right rear quarter panel over the tire with his right rear bumper.

The truck was a big GMC pickup so fortunately the bumper was high so it didn't hit the wheel, and by turning hard left I think I saved the right side doors. The quarter was pushed in over the tire tread just barely above it...good thing I was only about 300 feet from home and didn't cut the tire.

Good news besides the obvious that it wasn't the Marauder is the he admitted fault and kept apologizing. He called the police before I had a chance to inorder to report it. Since he did the right thing and admitted it I'm not putting in a claim thru my insurance. After speaking with the office I went out today and got them the estimates to repair it, and should hear back in a couple of days. Being a '98 the repair cost is more than its worth so we'll see what happens. First ever accident for this car....had it from less than a year old..

By taking off the tire I was able to put a bottle jack into the wheelwell and push the quarter out enough to clear the tire so I can still use the car.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Grand%20Marquis/100_0890_zpseeeb97c1.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Grand%20Marquis/100_0884_zps073d88a6.jpg

8UWITH6
01-27-2014, 08:23 PM
that makes me sick

Motorhead350
01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
You can fix that. I was hit worse with a semi truck in the same spot as you.

If not, dibs on the hubcaps!

BTW glad you are ok and the other driver is actually being cool about this.

whitey
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
That sucks man, but its good that the owner fessed up and admitted fault. Good luck with the repair.

OneBADLsE
01-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Damn Larry. You've had such great luck with that car!

If you're looking to replace it, I've got a nice mark 8 for ya! Lol

Call me sometime. I know you're always busy with work....

Ladyhawke
01-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Ouch sorry to hear! Glad you are okay and the driver took responsibility.

Hope the repairs go well.

ajdereicup
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Glad your alright and I hope your able to get it fixed because I love how your MGM looks in your signature

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-29-2014, 07:46 PM
That really stinks. Nothing good ever comes from winter.

Can I call dibs on the custom LED tail lights if worst comes to worst?

Donald
01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Born and raised in Chicago. Been gone for 30 years and these pics remind me how much I appreciate the High Desert even though it is in Kalifornia.