PDA

View Full Version : Auto Transporting My Recently Purchased SB

Jeronimojc
01-31-2014, 01:00 AM
I am thrilled about my newly purchased SB, but a bit concerned about having to transport it across several states. Then I went online to see videos of vehicle transporters being loaded. I would have been better off not seeing them.
:shake:

fPQ2MgLzrKk

Please someone tell me everything is going to be okay, that these guys do this everyday and are good at what they do...

Motorhead350
01-31-2014, 01:04 AM
Paypal me and I will pull a Vanishing Point.

clmrt
01-31-2014, 03:20 AM
You live in Hawaii?

SID210SA
01-31-2014, 06:21 AM
He does...but is moving to the N.E. part of the country....so it will stay with in the continental U.S.

clmrt
01-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Ok that makes sense.

I spent $212 to fly to my MM and another $180 on gas to get it home over two days. I can't imagine the stress of having anybody doing it for me after hearing the stories.

Then there's my uncle Jerry. He did auto transport with his family business for 20 years. They had a great reputation and only had damage due to acts of nature, hail and such. They covered their butts by doing thorough inspections before and after and were insured out the wazoo.

Hadamustang1
01-31-2014, 06:47 AM
If you need some one to receive it and inspect it coming off the truck in Everett.. I would be happy to help.. I could store it for a while as well.

Jeffonebuck
01-31-2014, 07:24 AM
The cheapest price you are quoted the less money that's contracted out to the hauler that is delivering to you. Trucking brokers want to get your business and after that they contract it out thru the web to independents . I learned first hand and it took almost two weeks to get a delivery date. The car came in safe and dirty on the back of a 24foot flatbed trailer.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

IwantmyMMnow!
01-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Ok that makes sense.

I spent $212 to fly to my MM and another $180 on gas to get it home over two days. I can't imagine the stress of having anybody doing it for me after hearing the stories.

Similar story here....$400 to fly from Charleston, SC to Albuquerque, NM, 3 days/1800 miles/$350 in gas to drive her back home. The best 'deal' I could find on transporting it to my house was $1400 and a 2-week wait....I didn't want to wait that long to get my MM, hence my screen name....;)

Limited360
01-31-2014, 08:33 AM
I used uship and worked with one guy off the site in the end to deliver me my Silverado SS. Was easy but $600 said and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

Jeffonebuck
01-31-2014, 11:38 AM
^^^^^^this way^^

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

SID210SA
01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
isnt that from the shipping wars show....the site they use....U Ship?

Anthony84
01-31-2014, 12:21 PM
I work for a dealership and actually arrange shipping for all of our inventory. Most of these companies are pretty legit so rest easy. But there is a certain level of quality that most have and its not always directly related to cost.

The couple times I have used enclosed transport (always more expensive), one was the most sketchiest (and heart-stopping/entertaining) moments ever. And the vehicle involved was our 2006 Ford GT in Gulf livery...

fireandice9008
01-31-2014, 12:44 PM
I had an old F250 shipped from Flagstaff AZ to here and had no issues. I went through Uship, granted this was back in 2006 or 2007. Just read the reviews and trust your gut.

Jeronimojc
01-31-2014, 06:18 PM
If you need some one to receive it and inspect it coming off the truck in Everett.. I would be happy to help.. I could store it for a while as well.

Thanks so much for the offer. My brother lives at the final destination and will help me with this.

Thanks to others for your input. I would have loved to make the drive, but I am unable to. On top of getting transferred, I am going to be out of the country for two weeks. A few of us from work are going to Nicaragua to build a small bridge. It is a community project.

I'll let u guys know how things turn out. I'll be out of touch for a while though.

lji372
01-31-2014, 06:24 PM
I used uship and worked with one guy off the site in the end to deliver me my Silverado SS. Was easy but $600 said and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

Same here, uship off site 1200 enclosed trailer Florida to Michigan.