PDA

View Full Version : (4) 235/50/18 installed

MMM2003
04-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Well,

here is how I spent my friday afternoon off. Took the winter tires off and installed my 235/50/ZR18 Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position tires.
Since I had a few hours left, I also gave her the first bath of the year and 2 coats of Meguiar's.

See how she does on the road tomorrow. Getting her dynoed and speedo corrected for the new tire size.

my gallery (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/473)

CRUZTAKER
04-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Cool, I guess I will get to see them in person tomorrow!

marauder307
12-02-2004, 11:01 PM
I know it's been awhile with this thread...but how did things work out? I'm in the process of getting my tires replaced, and I'd like to go with 235/50ZR18s on all 4 corners...mine's an early production 300A (built June 02), so I don't have traction control to contend with.

Interested in finding out whether the end results were any good...and feasible. :cool:

MMM2003
12-03-2004, 06:12 AM
I know it's been awhile with this thread...but how did things work out? I'm in the process of getting my tires replaced, and I'd like to go with 235/50ZR18s on all 4 corners...mine's an early production 300A (built June 02), so I don't have traction control to contend with.

Interested in finding out whether the end results were any good...and feasible. :cool:

Results are very good and very feasible.

I put about 30k miles on the Bridgestone tires, and with a tire rotation next spring, I'm expecting to get another 10-15k miles on those tires. I'm using snow tires for the winter.

I know others typical go bigger and wider, but I have noticed improved handling with the lower profile tires. The Potenza S-03 in particular are known for their excellent handling in dry and wet conditions.

BTW: I decided not to do any tire rotations at all to this point. The tires have worn very evenly and consistently. For some odd reason, the rear tires have worn a little more that than the front :D :burnout:

I did get my alignment spec's changed to meet my preferences. They are around here somewhere, if anyone is interested.

Hope this helps.

Peter aka MMM2003

marauder307
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Did you need to get a speedometer correction, and if so, from who? And how much?

Thanks for the reply! I surfed around the various threads on this subject, but couldn't really find the info I was looking for... :D