PDA

View Full Version : I've never been more embarrASSed in my life...

woaface
04-03-2004, 05:32 PM
So...I got my tires rotated today right? I changed lanes a couple times down the road and the car seemed to wobble a little bit. Not bad, and I thought it was mostly just my driving.

Well, 2 more miles and two stoners in a new Neon pull up (had already flicked me off twice for unknown reasons) Well the passenger says "Hey man, you got your grandma's car?!" "Better than your 4 banger" I return. We're both at the top of the light and I try to do a burn-out. "FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP" I felt REALLY stupid, I could hear them laughing. We pull off into a neighborhood, slit in the tire...GAH I felt stupid! At least we were only 3 or 4 miles from the tire place at this point. When we pulled the flat off...the tire and the lug nuts felt really warm, pretty much hot, compared to the other tires. I think they didn't screw some nuts on all the way (the guy working was missing one or two of his I think) which caused the tire to wobble in place, and me running up on a curb earlier slit the p.o.s. Just needed the pressure of me trying to burn out to blow it out.

They aggreed and gave me a new tire for free! (minus $14 for insurance if it happens again). It was cool in the end...but I wish it would have happened at another time :lol:

BTW, it felt kind of good for me and my bud to change the tires, whereas my friend Sara commented "yup, need some big strong guys to do the dirty work"

:up:

Fourth Horseman
04-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Let's see, it's April 3rd. Is it safe to respond to James' posts now? :shot:

Rob1559
04-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Would the "flop" sound be the sound of his tap shoes on the brake?

merc406
04-03-2004, 07:46 PM
About 5 years ago my Daughter had 4 new tires put on at PepBoys, the frt were not tighten right and a day later the left frt wheel feel off while turning onto Harper, a 4 lane road. She could have been hurt or worse and I told them so, got the tires and new wheel, studs and fender at 0 cost.
Beware, they have at some places no matter where you go, young people that did not get trained long enough to do the job or to understand what to do if a problem arrises. Management is to blame.

SHERIFF
04-04-2004, 10:49 AM
So...I got my tires rotated today right? I changed lanes a couple times down the road and the car seemed to wobble a little bit. Not bad, and I thought it was mostly just my driving.

I feel like I am in The Twilight Zone. What happened?

On April 1, 2004 you are stopped for driving reckless. Your mom grounds you until your 39th birthday. She handcuffs you to the bedrom wall. She took the computer away. And she enrolled you in Jack Nicholson's anger management classes.

On April 3, 2004 you're out driving around again??????

woaface
04-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Yup! :up:

Read that entire thread on my "ticket" again...