PDA

View Full Version : College Station, Texas - what to do there

gdsqdcr
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Never posted something like this before ... but figured why not.

I am flying into Austin on 3/2 and heading to College Station. I will be attending a class in TEEX all week and then flying home on Saturday the 8th. What is there to do in this town? I will have no Marauder with me, some SUV rental will be my valiant steed.

I have been to Austin a few times, and even to Houston. My wife has family in those towns. Austin is beautiful, Houston ... well it is Houston. If I go to either of those places, family will take me around.

But what is around TEEX? Good places to eat? Things to do at night?

Thanks
Anthony

Comin' in Hot
02-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I have cousin that went to Texas A&M and I've been there twice for the Texas State fire school. You must go to Rudy's barbecue, it's a chain but really good and you have to go to the Dixie Chicken to walk down the bottlecap alley next to it.

Baaad GN
02-18-2014, 01:30 PM
My Daughter gradutated from Texas A&M, absolutely great place even for a Yankee girl! You love your visit, go inside hall and look at one of the largest gun collections in the country!

MMcactusflower
02-18-2014, 03:12 PM
I am sorry but I just cannot resist...as my wife and I (and kids...and cousins and uncles) are multiple degree holders from The University of Texas...

What is the best thing to come out of college station?????

Highway 6

OK...I admit that I do have one cousin who is a proud aggie grad
but we rarely see him at family gatherings.

Why not just hitch on over to Austin...and take in what our fair city has to offer...I promise you will not leave disappointed.

Mr. Man
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
If your patient there is tumbleweed counting. :D

gdsqdcr
02-19-2014, 07:59 AM
CactusFlower
I will be flying in and out of Austin, and plan to eat well while I am there. Friday night, haul back to Austin, enjoy the sights, meet family on Saturday morning and catch a flight home late Saturday afternoon. I just want to know if there is anything in College Station to do M-Th night after class ...

Mr.Man
I aint that patient ... so tumbleweed counting is out.