PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Chevrolet SS: Stealth Tire Shredder

ctrlraven
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_-xRPRulM
nM_-xRPRulM

Mebot
02-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Pretty cool but I sense some overall Bowtie Bias-ness oozing throughout the video.

Exhaust sounds really good. I kept thinking about the car chase scene with Steve McQueen in Bullitt

jwibbity
02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
its got that everyday commuter car look to it :puke:

Mebot
02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
its got that everyday commuter car look to it :puke:

True but I think the same argument could be said for the Marauder

It's subtly sleeperesque

kcmm
02-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Super smokey edition

Mr. Man
02-18-2014, 03:10 PM
The one guy looks like Joe (Guspech750). Meh, I'd rather buy a 10 year old Camry and figure out how to stuff a Tundra engine in to it.

boatmangc
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Super smokey edition

Full of win!

Vortech347
02-18-2014, 04:04 PM
I think that thing is sexy as hell.

V8, RWD. YES!!! Simpler is better. RWD cars don't have anywhere near the complicated drivelines nor vehicle specific parts making long term ownership very expensive. As my Marauder gets older and older. The SS and G8's are looking more and more like newer viable options for what I want in my daily driver.

My fav thing about the Marauder was it took existing simple Ford parts/systems that kicked ass and put them to use without being complex or expensive to repair/replace or even upgrade.

Dear Ford. Make the SHO with a 5.0 and RWD. If you did, I'd have one in my driveway already.

Baconbit
02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Saw one on the road a couple weeks ago, had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a new Impala and I wasn't seeing things. Caught my eye. Black with older gentleman driving it, light idle and low speed but it sounded good as I drove behind it. I just think its priced way too high.

L.Mark
02-18-2014, 04:52 PM
I think that thing is sexy as hell.

V8, RWD. YES!!! Simpler is better. RWD cars don't have anywhere near the complicated drivelines nor vehicle specific parts making long term ownership very expensive. As my Marauder gets older and older. The SS and G8's are looking more and more like newer viable options for what I want in my daily driver.

My fav thing about the Marauder was it took existing simple Ford parts/systems that kicked ass and put them to use without being complex or expensive to repair/replace or even upgrade.

Dear Ford. Make the SHO with a 5.0 and RWD. If you did, I'd have one in my driveway already.

Yes!!! I like this car for the same reason's I liked the GTO reboot and the G8. They have all the right things in all the right places...I saw the G8's everywhere when they came out...still do. Don't see much of the GTO's but I'd venture a guess to say they didn't sell as many. Both awesome cars...
Haven't seen a civilian one yet other than passing one on the car lot. But I did see a Vehicle Enforcer unit on the way to work today. Had a semi pulled over and I...liked...it...If I was gonna replace the Maruader I would go here first...after I visited a couple of Grand Nationals though...:D

Mike D Mechanic
02-18-2014, 05:46 PM
For what its worth, I would push my Marauder before I drove a chevy! :D

guspech750
02-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Lets see, Chrysler and Dodge RWD V-8 Have done it right. = Sold a chit ton = $$$$$

Cadillac RWD V-8 have done it right= Sold a chit ton = $$$$$$

Chevy RWD RWD V-8 Have done it right = Probably sell a chit ton = $$$$$$

Ford RWD V-8 = WTF!

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

guspech750
02-18-2014, 06:08 PM
This video does make me laugh though. And being rescued by Ford vehicles.

http://youtu.be/aGD-jj6u8Uc

RF Overlord
02-18-2014, 06:17 PM
I agree with Joe...the more RWD V8-powered cars on the road the better...hell, even Hyundai has one, although it's kinda pricey.

yjmud
02-18-2014, 06:24 PM
the price is high so I'm out 46k no thanks

jwibbity
02-18-2014, 06:52 PM
True but I think the same argument could be said for the Marauder

It's subtly sleeperesque

i get people staring at my car all the time......might be because of the Aero Turbines:P:P

TP Derrick D
02-18-2014, 07:27 PM
For what its worth, I would push my Marauder before I drove a chevy! :D

You and me both( no smiley tho)

L.Mark
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Lets see, Chrysler and Dodge RWD V-8 Have done it right. = Sold a chit ton = $$$$$

Ford RWD V-8 = WTF!

Ford is afraid of doing anything that might take away from the Mustang...

BlkMamba24
02-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Enterprise rental car on PEDs

Drewstang
02-19-2014, 05:44 AM
My SHO has been proven to be faster than a local PD's 2012 Caprice PPV with the 6.0 LS2. I beat him by a car to a car and a half everytime we raced..... I mean practiced evasive driving manuvers.

Vortech347
02-19-2014, 08:34 AM
My SHO has been proven to be faster than a local PD's 2012 Caprice PPV with the 6.0 LS2. I beat him by a car to a car and a half everytime we raced..... I mean practiced evasive driving manuvers.

Top gear US lined up the offerings from Ford, Chev, Mopar. The Interceptor creamed the other 2 in a drag race. Sometimes, faster doesn't mean better. The power SHO's make is great. The vacuum cleaner sound from the ecoboost isn't. Its kinda like if Scarlet Johanssen walked up and started talking like James Earl Jones. The AWD system leaves no room for any fun and from what I've read you can't fully turn off the big brother systems. Since I enjoy a good auto-x or open track "flick" once and a while this would ruin it.

Lets face it gents. Our cars are the last bad ass 4 dr Ford will ever build short of the Falcon that we never got.

Embassy
02-19-2014, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_-xRPRulM
nM_-xRPRulM

I'll just wait for the cheaper Caprices start coming out of service.

RF Overlord
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
The Marauder was 36k when first introduced...I would what it would sell for if introduced today.

Joe Walsh
02-19-2014, 09:54 AM
It sounds really good...almost too 'red-necky'... but I don't want a 'sleeper'....I want a badazz black 4 door sedan!

Also, for $46,000......:eek:
I'd want a 'sleeper' that turns a LOT better than 13.3s....:shake:

I'd rather spend less than half that on a used, faster, better looking Pontiac G8 GXP.

loud2004marquis
02-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Guy in the video said to mod the car. Would much rather put money toward modding a 94-96 Impala SS

Drewstang
02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Top gear US lined up the offerings from Ford, Chev, Mopar. The Interceptor creamed the other 2 in a drag race. Sometimes, faster doesn't mean better. The power SHO's make is great. The vacuum cleaner sound from the ecoboost isn't. Its kinda like if Scarlet Johanssen walked up and started talking like James Earl Jones. The AWD system leaves no room for any fun and from what I've read you can't fully turn off the big brother systems. Since I enjoy a good auto-x or open track "flick" once and a while this would ruin it.

Lets face it gents. Our cars are the last bad ass 4 dr Ford will ever build short of the Falcon that we never got.
I have not autocrossed this thing yet, but I plan to this season. I can turn off the traction control and stability control since my car is a performance package but I still manage the understeer nature of a FWD vehicle until the AWD kicks in.

Its a nice daily driver, but does not fill the same hole the Marauder left.....

Vortech347
02-19-2014, 10:47 AM
I have not autocrossed this thing yet, but I plan to this season. I can turn off the traction control and stability control since my car is a performance package but I still manage the understeer nature of a FWD vehicle until the AWD kicks in.

Its a nice daily driver, but does not fill the same hole the Marauder left.....

Yea. Don't get me wrong, SHO's are NICE cars. But exactly like you said. They just didn't fill in where the MM left off.

I thought even on the performance pack you couldn't fully disable big brother?

Drewstang
02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Yea. Don't get me wrong, SHO's are NICE cars. But exactly like you said. They just didn't fill in where the MM left off.

I thought even on the performance pack you couldn't fully disable big brother?
I know ABS is still active, but members of the forums who have tunes speak of breaking all 4 wheels loose from a dead stop. In its current state, and with the warranty intact, my car will not even chrip the tires. Ford has them tuned very safe to avoid replacing expensive EcoBoost engines under factory warranty.

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Ford RWD V-8 = WTF!

My thoughts exactly.
Ford thinks they are revolutionizing the automobile by sticking turbos in a bloated appliance.

Although this Chevy looks malibu-ishly bland, still better than Ford's offerings. Hell, sign me up for a Dodge Charger or 300SRT, the dealer by me even installs vortech kits on them covered by factory warranty, take that Ford.. Their brand directions are mind-boggling, they are just killing Lincoln slowly instead of investing to compete against Cadillac again. :shake: