PDA

View Full Version : How many here have watched Top Gear UK?

PuntyMario
02-19-2014, 02:03 AM
i'm completely addicted to it and have marathoned over 10 seasons of it so far for the past couple months. The one thing ive been wondering now is why the hell was the Marauder never featured on the show, or for that matter any of the panther cars? I know that they generally only talk about local cars but they have talked about the mustang and camaro before.

Mr. Man
02-19-2014, 03:33 AM
I watch it and enjoy it They are not impressed with American cars and make no bones about it but will drive one once in a while.

Motorhead350
02-19-2014, 03:44 AM
I love the show to death. They are funny, support anarchy, lots of sexual humor that they do not even cover up, bash green peace, say economic cars are ugly and boring, they love powerrrrrr, music guests frequent the show, they prank each other, stop light race, and I caught references to the following punk bands.... The Exploited, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Slam 69, The Clash, The Business, Suicidal Tendencies, The Business...

They would not like the Marauder at all in Stock format. I am glad they did not test it. I love how they make fun of things and they also point out facts I would never think about. Like how an M3 gets better has mileage on a track than a Prius.

Love it!!!

PuntyMario
02-19-2014, 04:17 AM
oh yeah i figure theyd hate it but really, they dont even touch on the Crown Victoria really except for one episode where they go to the states and talk about the cvpi for about 2 sec and go on their way. this really brings me to another issue i have with the Marauder not getting the coverage it deserves if you ask me. Ive found 2 real reviews on youtube and thats about it. it's inspired me to write my own script for a documentary though, which id like to film this spring.

justbob
02-19-2014, 05:48 AM
The show is awesome. Open season for bashing on everything and each other.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

clmrt
02-19-2014, 06:00 AM
The closest they've gotten was the Chrysler 300 review. "Perfect gangster car" was the only real "compliment", if I remember correctly.

ctrlraven
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Enjoy the UK show better than the US version.

guspech750
02-19-2014, 06:39 AM
I can't stand the Brits. Just really don't care to see or hear about cars over there.

They are funny. But the US cast are stupid funny and drive vehicles I know.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

whitey
02-19-2014, 06:45 AM
The marauder will never get a lot of coverage, because unfortunately its not fast. When people ask me if my marauder is fast, i tell them its quick, and can hold its own. Coverage goes to Corvettes , Mustangs, Challengers, etc.....cars that have a reputation to uphold. The original marauders might have had a reputation back in the day, but it was long forgotten before they brought it back. Its a sleeper, and thats why i love it, nobody expects to have a 'crown vic' to beat their fart canned honda.

tbone
02-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Jeremy Clarkson is a stuck up British prick naturally with bad teeth.

But I like the show a lot.

tbone
02-19-2014, 07:59 AM
The one where Clarkson drives the 3 wheeled car is side splittingly hilarious!

MERCURY 2003LSE
02-19-2014, 08:40 AM
I watch the British Top Gear all the time ,
Those 3 guys are funny - Good show.

I tried watching the US Top Gear but i dont like it.

Vortech347
02-19-2014, 08:51 AM
You are not a car guy if you don't find that show awesome.

I like the US version actually. Few years ago I had an opportunity to meet Rutledge at SEMA and we chatted for a few minutes he said its a lot of pressure being compared to them. They are starting to get their chemistry down much better.

I'd like to see a TG US vs UK show. They had a UK VS AUS episode and also did one against the Fifth Gear people.

PuntyMario
02-19-2014, 01:33 PM
The one where Clarkson drives the 3 wheeled car is side splittingly hilarious!

oh my lord youre talking about the reliant LOL i lost it when i saw him roll the damn thing within seconds of driving it.

i havent watched the US ver very much. do they cover any classic cars? specifically from the 60s.

L.Mark
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Love the show, been following it since about 2007-08. Love the challenges they do...The US version hasn't clicked with me yet...

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Love it.

The US version stinks. Although a US Top Gear with Matt Farrah and Rob Faretti (superspeeders dvds) would have been great I think.

justbob
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I like the U.S. Version as well. They seem to work well of off each other. Of course it helps that I already liked Adams character on Rescue Me as fire chief! He was a trip on that show.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

lji372
02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I find it jolly good entertainment!!!

RF Overlord
02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
I prefer the UK version as I've always liked British humour, but I think the US version is well-done and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into it.

Motorhead350
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
I prefer the UK version as I've always liked British humour, but I think the US version is well-done and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into it.

I forgot, you ARE The Stig.

Some say... he wears his socks to his knee caps because his tattoos are offensive towards nuns.

Some also say he has 99 red balloons.... but they are all painted black.

mossiehorn
02-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Number 1 car show in the world. They did race cabs and had a Crown Vic and a Town Car Limo. Cab from India won

L.Mark
02-19-2014, 06:04 PM

Some say... he wears his socks to his knee caps because his tattoos are offensive towards nuns.

Nice!!!!:D

L.Mark
02-19-2014, 06:05 PM

When I watched the first season it was like it was an act trying to copy another one...

Haggis
02-20-2014, 05:14 AM

Good one Dom. Now if I could only find that picture of Bob.

Drewstang
02-20-2014, 06:44 AM
I have been watching the UK version for a few years now. My wife enjoys watching it with me which is unusual for car shows. The US version was poorly written and the chemistry is way off, its getting better but its not in my DVR schedule anymore.

Donald
02-20-2014, 06:34 PM
I love the show. James May has had a couple of other shows shown here (a series about old toys and the Lab series) and Hammond did one here where he tried various jobs.

mrjones
02-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Top Gear UK is my favorite tv show period. My wife and kids like it too. My 10yo daughter inexplicably likes Top Gear US better.

Roadwarrior
02-21-2014, 06:22 AM
Been a fan of Top Gear UK for years. The US version is okay.