PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Release Pully

Mac-MerC
02-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Do all Grand Marquis's, Vic's and Towncars all have the inside trunk relase pully hand thing in the same location?....... I'm sure they pretty much do but just trying to make sure before i do what I'm about to do :)

jwibbity
02-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Do all Grand Marquis's, Vic's and Towncars all have the inside trunk relase pully hand thing in the same location?....... I'm sure they pretty much do but just trying to make sure before i do what I'm about to do :)

im pretty sure they are all in right in the middle, on the trunk lid..........you shouldnt have an issue, they glow in the dark, :lol:

Mac-MerC
02-24-2014, 07:50 AM
im pretty sure they are all in right in the middle, on the trunk lid..........you shouldnt have an issue, they glow in the dark, :lol:

This guy.. smh lol
Actually I'm trying to get into the trunk from the outside. Remembering the video someone posted a while back on here

fastblackmerc
02-24-2014, 09:16 AM

This guy.. smh lol
Actually I'm trying to get into the trunk from the outside. Remembering the video someone posted a while back on here

Well why didn't you say what you were going to do???

You can get into the trunk a number of ways.

Most destructive: Break out the right side reverse light lens

Highly destructive: Use a slide hammer to pop the trunk lock

More time to do: Remove the rear seat back and climb in the trunk to pull the release

Easy: Use the keypad to release the trunk lock

Really really easy: Hit the trunk release button on the driver door panel

Really easy: use your spare key to pop the trunk

One more... get your trunk monkey to open it for you

Mac-MerC
02-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Well Fastblack the vehicles I were going to get into where at the local junkyard... so first off no keys available... trunk closed.. they told me i have to get it open some how. Secondly the trunk release button works off of the battery.. and guess what?.. no batteries in these cars so that was out of the question... so the keypad option would be out of the question too correct?...

I "attempted" to bash out the light.. I achieved that but couldn't get my hand in the hole. there was stuff blocking my hand. So i just beat the **** out of the lock and broke that and popped it open. First one took like 10 minutes. By the time I got to the third one it took me like 2 minutes. I believe I'm a pro at it now

The 2000 model doesn't have the trunk release inside like the 02' and 05' I got into