PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

1 Bad Merc
03-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Is everyone now enjoying the permanent $3.50 gas? It's not going down anytime soon. Not bad. Only doubled since Obama has been in. Better than healthcare I guess.

http://livingleaf.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/retail-gasoline-prices-2000-2010.jpg

No one is complaining about it anymore, we all just got used to it.

lji372
03-22-2014, 05:44 PM
You said Obama!! :run:

Limited360
03-22-2014, 05:45 PM
You said Obama!! :run:

+1 on this! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

Spectragod
03-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Is everyone now enjoying the permanent $3.50 gas? It's not going down anytime soon. Not bad. Only doubled since Obama has been in. Better than healthcare I guess.

http://livingleaf.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/retail-gasoline-prices-2000-2010.jpg

That's ok, my healthcare is getting ready to tank too, I need to quit working so I can get my free gibs, $1500 a month for food, free lodging, free electric, free utilities, free basic cable, free cell phone, free healthcare, it's all for free, unless you work. :mad2:

PuntyMario
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
try paying 1.50 a Litre in BC roughly $5.60/G. just swimming in bloody carbon taxes over here.

1 Bad Merc
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Just got a letter 3 months ago that our family of 4 healthcare insurance went up $187 per two week check. Sure glad I am saving $2500 a year -what a joke!

I wonder what they are going to do when I cant afford to pay anymore.......start confiscating my things I guess or I will probably have to move to Mexico with the other poor Americans.

Bigdogjim
03-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Have you checked gas prices in Europe?

Yeah I know we do not live in Europe however most of the "free" world pays more than we do for gas.

1 Bad Merc
03-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Yeah I know we do not live in Europe however most of the "free" world pays more than we do for gas.

I agree Jim that Europe has higher prices but we export a lot more oil/gas then Europe does.

Since we have a lot of supply you would think our gas prices would be a lot lower. :)

lji372
03-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah we have it better than them so we should just shut up :shake:

My parents beat my brothers daily and I only got it every other day!! :lol:

guspech750
03-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Yawn.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

lji372
03-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Yawn.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Ah your awake, I thought I felt something move :D

rayjay
03-22-2014, 07:55 PM
87 actually dropped to $3.29 here from $3.31 Not sure what 93 is running right now as I don't use the MM very much as they drive like idiots here. :mad:

Ohh, health care? The facist governor of NYS is trying to drop retirees health care. Lieing about the savings to taxpayers. I'll have to change doctors as mine has a sign that he does not participate in any form of NObama care... I want free *&^% too! -but- can't bring myself to accept the handout life. I guess I was raised wrong.

ARodmarauder
03-22-2014, 08:19 PM

Damn $3.50. You're lucky we're over $4 here I think the cheapest is $4.09 and 91 octane is $4.25 and it keeps going up.

Phrog_gunner
03-22-2014, 08:54 PM
But Oblamer told me it was the evil gas companies driving up the prices so they could line their pockets with The exorbitant profit of 3%...

sailsmen
03-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Oil is traded exclusively in US$. Almost every country imports oil and they can only buy it with US$.
Most of the increase or decrease in the cost of oil is the change in the value of the US$.
The US$ goes down and the price of oil goes up.

This is what happens when your Central Bank puts $85Billion a month into equity markets and buys 101% of your Gov't Debt.

Printing money is a beautiful thing!:D

Bigdogjim
03-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Printing money is a beautiful thing!:D

This will our (USA) downfall:mad2:

Bigdogjim
03-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Since we have a lot of supply you would think our gas prices would be a lot lower. :)

Wait until State's start raising gas taxes. Here in the Northeast winter was a real drain on budgets. Only way to recover is ..........raise taxes:)

License2Bill
03-22-2014, 10:44 PM
I got gas for $1.89 last night.

But I got it at Taco Bell

Sent from 1984

1 Bad Merc
03-23-2014, 12:34 AM
I got gas for $1.89 last night.

But I got it at Taco Bell

Sent from 1984

Thank God I was not behind you :eek:

Dereck
03-23-2014, 04:02 AM
Hi SPectragod

...I need to quit working so I can get my free gibs, $1500 a month for food, free lodging, free electric, free utilities, free basic cable, free cell phone, free healthcare, it's all for free, unless you work. :mad2:

Welcome to the U.K's social model, oh yeah and gas is $8.30 a gallon

Regards

Dereck

Bluerauder
03-23-2014, 05:15 AM

I hate this ^^^^^ comparison. It is a flawed argument. The rest of the world is paying the exact same amount for oil & gas. Its the TAXES loaded on top of the supply and distribution costs that drive the high prices in Europe and other countries. Just look at Dereck's comment \/\/\/\/\/\/ below. TAXES are increased to cover the ever rising cost of social programs that are out of control. The USA is headed in the same direction and when they have squeezed the limit out of income TAXES, they will shift to other sources of revenue. Gas TAXES are at the top of that list along with tobacco and booze taxes. Giving FREE **** to half the population is expensive. Once the dumbshit administration finally figures out that punishing the so-called "rich" people (i.e. everyone over $35K) is just suppressing the economy and costing jobs, the switch to higher sin TAXES will be swift and unstoppable. The appetite for more FREE stuff is strong.

Welcome to the U.K's social model, oh yeah and gas is $8.30 a gallon

Yep ^^^^^ about 1/3 goes to cover the cost of raw materials, refining and distribution. The other 2/3 goes to TAXES to support Government programs.

rayjay
03-23-2014, 07:36 AM
BINGO Charlie.

Bigdogjim
03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
I hate this ^^^^^ comparison. It is a flawed argument. The rest of the world is paying the exact same amount for oil & gas.

Yep ^^^^^ about 1/3 goes to cover the cost of raw materials, refining and distribution. The other 2/3 goes to TAXES to support Government programs.

Problem is Charlie the average man or women on the street does not think about the taxes and where they are going. People only look at how much it cost to fill up the SUV or what ever they are driving.

Now Joe Walsh before you start, prius drivers don't give a ***** about gas prices:)
http://www.toyota.com/content/gallery/photos-videos/2014/prius/thumbs/prius-white-pass-side.jpg (http://www.toyota.com/prius/#)

MERCMAN
03-23-2014, 08:00 AM
This getting VERY close to becoming a political thread. Please limit your comments to gas prices without political rants.

whitey
03-23-2014, 08:06 AM
My question is: what are we/people going to do about it? The answer is simple: nothing.
Why get angry over something that is out of our control? Politicians, one side is going to punch you in the nose, the other side punches you in the mouth, it doesn't matter what side you're on, they all rape us.

Motorhead350
03-23-2014, 08:45 AM
1. Deal with it.

2. Look at the rest of the world. It's cheap here.

3. Buy an eco - box if prices are too high.

4. Complaining about it will not change anything.

5. No one in office in the government or oil companies care about you or me.

justbob
03-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Get a company van! :)

Melanie drives four blocks to work four days a week and I puttz around town running errands on the weekends so gas costs us minimal. BUT I do remember when I had to use my own vehicle for work... :( That SUCKED the weekly bank account and it was always a small commuter.. Of course LOADED down with tools.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Dereck
03-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi Motorhead350

3. Buy an eco - box if prices are too high.

Our government has tried that approach in the name of carbon saving by actively encouraging people to buy small econimical cars with huge taxes heaped on big cars and no to very little tax on small cars and geuss what?

It worked except now the governement have realized they are losing revenue, so what do you think happens?

Yep you got it they put all the taxes up.

You cannot win

Regards

Dereck

kernie
03-23-2014, 09:36 AM
This getting VERY close to becoming a political thread. Please limit your comments to gas prices without political rants.

Nuke it, IMO.

:beer:

Bluerauder
03-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Our government has tried that approach in the name of carbon saving by actively encouraging people to buy small econimical cars with huge taxes heaped on big cars and no to very little tax on small cars and guess what?

It worked except now the government have realized they are losing revenue, so what do you think happens?

You cannot win

Ha, Ha, Ha :lol: It seems like none of them can think ahead farther than 15 minutes.

Our "guys" are doing the exact same thing and expecting different results (or maybe this is just another big lie). That's known as Insanity.

Motorhead350
03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi Motorhead350

Our government has tried that approach in the name of carbon saving by actively encouraging people to buy small econimical cars with huge taxes heaped on big cars and no to very little tax on small cars and geuss what?

It worked except now the governement have realized they are losing revenue, so what do you think happens?

You cannot win

Regards

Dereck

Anarchy In The U.K. must be every Petrolheads favorite song.

Baaad GN
03-23-2014, 02:31 PM
I was notified today that my insurance will increase next month by $200.00 per month, and deductions will be liminted! This just tickles me to no end, but be happy, change is good right?

lji372
03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Okay this really hurts to say........

What \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ he said

My question is: what are we/people going to do about it? The answer is simple: nothing.
Why get angry over something that is out of our control? Politicians, one side is going to punch you in the nose, the other side punches you in the mouth, it doesn't matter what side you're on, they all rape us.

As long as money moves government gets paid.
This is exactly why gm got bailed out IMHO. Prices go up great mores sales tax, higher minimum wage more income tax. WINNING :shake:

This is not politics- it's fact (well except maybe the gm part)

Hey did you guys realize Louisville is right around the corner? :woohoo:

a_d_a_m
03-23-2014, 04:39 PM

No one is complaining about it anymore, we all just got used to it. Right, because 1. that chart doesn't at all demonstrate that it was at a record high under GWB, nope not at all, 2. Presidents control the gas prices 3. inflation hasn't happened. :violin:

License2Bill
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Right, because 1. that chart doesn't at all demonstrate that it was at a record high under GWB, nope not at all, 2. Presidents control the gas prices 3. inflation hasn't happened. :violin:

Love him or hate him, GWB had the lowest net change in gas price since the Reagan administration. The current prices do have me looking for a second vehicle to take the mm off of daily driver duty. I'm thinking a SHO or MAYBE a Hyundai Veloster Turbo with the 6 speed manual

Sent from 1984

lji372
03-24-2014, 04:04 AM
I've thought of a gas saver, add the extra dough of auto insurance on said gas sipper and it makes it pointless.

Michigan is #1!!!!!!!

For highest auto ins. premiums :shake:

sailsmen
03-24-2014, 05:18 AM
I am so glad so many know the answer to all problems is increased taxation and increased Gov't spending. Please send as much of your money as you can to the Gov't they need it to solve all the problems you have created!
Just raise the taxes on Gas then you will use less of it and it will then cost you less.
I am waiting for the next meteor that is headed our way so the meteor tax can be passed to save us all.

fastblackmerc
03-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Don't like gas prices.... don't buy gas... simple as that.

whitey
03-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Lets all get pissed just thinking about it! Lets point fingers and whine, and cry ourselves to sleep...i do, every night. Obama this, Bush that, eurepeons do this, americans do that, dyson vs shark, hot dogs vs hamburgers, dtr's vs prius's, blah blah blah blah blah. Nobody wins! :)

ctrlraven
03-24-2014, 06:30 AM
National avg has gone up 5 cents in the past week and 26 cents in the past month.

The rise has been blamed due to the conflict with Russia and Crimea, I'm sure it will go up again because of the spill that happened yesterday off the coast of Galveston, TX.

I've been seeing 87 for $3.50-3.55 a gallon and 93 for $3.95-4.10 a gallon.

JoeBoomz
03-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Glad I don't drive anything diesel ;)

Bluerauder
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Here are the gas prices from September 2012 during Marauderville X (MV 10). These prices were pretty typical for the entire road trip from Virginia to Michigan.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/South_Haven0025.JPG

Motorhead350
03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Here are the gas prices from September 2012 during Marauderville X (MV 10). These prices were pretty typical for the entire road trip from Virginia to Michigan.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/South_Haven0025.JPG

I would love those prices here!!!

whitey
03-24-2014, 03:49 PM
$3.75 round dees parts, and 3.65 at sams club:)

1 Bad Merc
03-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I remember when I was buying my truck I was thinking of getting the diesel option-glad I did not do it. Who would have thought that diesel would end up being higher then gas?

IwantmyMMnow!
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
National avg has gone up 5 cents in the past week and 26 cents in the past month.

The rise has been blamed due to the conflict with Russia and Crimea, I'm sure it will go up again because of the spill that happened yesterday off the coast of Galveston, TX.

I've been seeing 87 for $3.50-3.55 a gallon and 93 for $3.95-4.10 a gallon.

One of the oil company owners just has to fart and it goes up a dime....:shake:

VMARAUDER
03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Lets all get pissed just thinking about it! Lets point fingers and whine, and cry ourselves to sleep...i do, every night. Obama this, Bush that, eurepeons do this, americans do that, dyson vs shark, hot dogs vs hamburgers, dtr's vs prius's, blah blah blah blah blah. Nobody wins! :)

DTR's vs prius hahahahaha
something is wrong with that

VMARAUDER
03-26-2014, 01:48 PM
And there was an oil spill at the Whiting Indiana refinery
They look for every possible reason to raise the price of gas
Conflict in Russia, oil spills and so on.
The main reason is that oil futures are traded just like pork bellies

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-26-2014, 02:40 PM
And there was an oil spill at the Whiting Indiana refinery
They look for every possible reason to raise the price of gas
Conflict in Russia, oil spills and so on.
The main reason is that oil futures are traded just like pork bellies

Why should I have to pay for their screw-up? Make the Execs take bonus and pay cuts for the next 5 years so they learn not to let it happen again.

whitey
03-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Why should I have to pay for their screw-up? Make the Execs take bonus and pay cuts for the next 5 years so they learn not to let it happen again.
i agree, too bad it doesn't work that way:(

ctrlraven
03-26-2014, 03:10 PM
BEFORE:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/20140325_205140_zps5li2pw8x.jp g

AFTER: I love Giant/Shell gas points! Filled up the Taurus on 87 octane. Saved $1.60 a gallon and 80 cents off the total.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/20140325_205204_zpsaim5pyy9.jp g
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/20140325_205635_zps8ldmmoax.jp g

Mebot
03-26-2014, 03:13 PM
You shouldn't have your phone near a fuel pump. Static electricity can cause a spark.

Bluerauder
03-26-2014, 03:14 PM
AFTER: I love Giant/Shell gas points! Filled up the Taurus on 87 octane. Saved $1.60 a gallon and 80 cents off the total.

Yep :2thumbs: I use my Giant/Shell points every couple of weeks and usually get about $1.20-$1.30 off per gallon. It depends on how much damage the wife is doing at the food store.

whitey
03-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Theres has to be a way to hack the system..

Motorhead350
03-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Ummm diesel has more oil on it than gas.

So I always thought that.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Theres has to be a way to hack the system..

I remember BP had a promo for discounted gas some time ago because of their other screw up. I always wanted to hack into their code for the algorithm that gave out the coupon.

ctrlraven
03-26-2014, 03:26 PM
You shouldn't have your phone near a fuel pump. Static electricity can cause a spark.
Before pic was before even touching the gas pump handle, After was when I was the gas pump handle had already been returned. I had already grounded myself several times. Every time I see someone yacking on the phone, hop out and leave their door open without touching the metal or just leave the vehicle running it erks me.

Yep :2thumbs: I use my Giant/Shell points every couple of weeks and usually get about $1.20-$1.30 off per gallon. It depends on how much damage the wife is doing at the food store.
I take advantage of it whenever I see stuff I need or will eventually use.

whitey
03-26-2014, 03:42 PM

Mythbusters says different. Just for that comment im punching you so hard, you'll be knocked into Seattle.

Mebot
03-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Mythbusters are dumb

Ken
03-26-2014, 06:23 PM
You shouldn't have your phone near a fuel pump. Static electricity can cause a spark.If that was the case, there wouldn't be any gas pumps left! :bounce: