PDA

View Full Version : Marauder at Texas Motor Speedway

cruzer
04-05-2004, 08:33 PM
After I spent the last 4 days watching NASCAR drivers burn up the track, thought I would post one of my favorite pictures of my Marauder. It was taken last May when the MM was 1 month old. To get your picture taken, you had to complete 3 laps on the track--- :up: :up: restricted to 80 mph--sneaked in a turns 3 & 4 speed of over 90--sure felt good (sponsored by Raceway Charities). Plan to take the driver's course--10 laps --you drive a real NASCAR car--top speed allowed , 150 mph--watched my son-in-law do it ---gotta try it :lol: Sure would be a kick to do a 100+ lap at Indy :beer:
The moral of this story--you are never too old to enjoy life. Maury

Ross
04-06-2004, 06:41 AM
As always, Maury's my hero! :up:

SergntMac
04-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Delicious pic, Maury, a real keeper.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have a likewise photo op at the Brickyard. I know the speed is limited, but the pic will be a keepsake.

MM03MOK
04-06-2004, 07:20 AM
After I spent the last 4 days watching NASCAR drivers burn up the track, thought I would post one of my favorite pictures of my Marauder. It was taken last May when the MM was 1 month old. To get your picture taken, you had to complete 3 laps on the track--- :up: :up: restricted to 80 mph--sneaked in a turns 3 & 4 speed of over 90--sure felt good (sponsored by Raceway Charities). Plan to take the driver's course--10 laps --you drive a real NASCAR car--top speed allowed , 150 mph--watched my son-in-law do it ---gotta try it :lol: Sure would be a kick to do a 100+ lap at Indy :beer:
The moral of this story--you are never too old to enjoy life. MauryYOU GO, Maury!! I got goose bumps just reading this. A picture to be treasured!

Long Live #3
04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
So, how did it feel to step in victory lane where drivers like Dale Jr and Elliott Saddler were?

cruzer
04-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Joe, my Nascar history goes back to '63 when I was a partner in a '37 Chevvy coupe with a Mercury 390 in it--met Ned Jarrett, Lee Petty, Freddie Lorenson, Bobby Allison, Marvin Panch, Buddy Baker, etc ---a really wild bunch of guys--Dale Jarrett and my son Kevin knew each other as teen-agers. It was a really a thrill to stand there--I also have a picture with my '99 Gran Marq in the same place. Keep up the faith in Nascar and ENJOY LIFE :up: :up: Maury
Kevin and Ned Jarrett in '64

Redster
04-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I didn't see you out there Maury? I figured that you would stand out, even among 200,000 others. A good race, enjoyed seeing a FOMOCO car win and Sadler/Yates were overdue for a win. Perfect weather.

Patrick
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
big thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :banana: :banana:

Rollin'Thunder
04-06-2004, 09:44 PM
The moral of this story--you are never too old to enjoy life. Maury
GO, MAURY, GO!! Fantastic shot! :bows: Gotta love it! :up: :up:

Long Live #3
04-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I can't believe that you knew Ned Jarrett! It must've been really cool! I'm envious!