http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdDOQLq3FM
7kdDOQLq3FM

MERCURY 2003LSE
04-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice i like it.
I like the B5 Blue or Purple .:beer:

88LTDCV351
04-22-2014, 08:24 AM
On another note, I don't like the front of the new Charger.

Mebot
04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
I took a test drive of the challenger when it first came out. Good power but horrible blind spots

MERCURY 2003LSE
04-22-2014, 08:38 AM
On another note, I don't like the front of the new Charger.

I agree , Looks to soft , no muscle or character .

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 08:49 AM
This is a Pony Car, not Muscle Car. Does anyone in the car business know what they are talking about anymore?

Interior looks better than it used to, but reminds me of Audi.

Still, I like it. Looks great. 300s are cool too.

Joe Walsh
04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
My thoughts on the new Challenger:

1: Why do the front rims look too big?

2: When are they going to put some real, wide rubber under those fenders?

3: I don't really care about the fully functional power bulge....I've already got one in my pants!!....:D

badda-bing!

1BadAssMarauder
04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
I kind of like it. Just wonder how nicely it's made and how it will hold up.

tbone
04-22-2014, 01:41 PM
My only beef is that it's too tall and the tires are too skinny. Drive behind one and take a good look. From the front or side it looks ok though.

88CuttyClassic
04-22-2014, 02:37 PM
For not making it identical to the 1st gen i think its pretty good. The best looking of the 3 imo... yes i love the fact someone else mentioned its a pony car. A true muscle car is a two door rwd intermediate with a large displacement motor. Aside from the large displacement the last true muscle car imo was the GN. I guess you could stretch to the newer gto but its got IRS. Anyway back to the cahallenger. The new grill and rear are tribute to the 71 which i always thought looked butt. The 70 look was the way to go. They failed though with the reverse light on the pre 15 models. The lack of dual headlamps also killed me. They shoulda put the turn signals in the front bumper. I was hoping they could slim it top to bottom. The sides are too flat and long. They also could have made the body line and edges more pronounced. I have seen the Chrome kits they have for the challenger and stang and it really looks awesome. Changes the whole look of both and gives them a true nostalgia appearance. Lastly when the heck is someone gonna produce a larger diameter OWL or RWL tire. I would put 17s on my GS in a hearbeat but i love letters out on a true muscle car.

secretservice
04-25-2014, 07:33 PM
No thanks. Wife's previous Challenger had four door handles put on it because the smart glass would cycle up and down all night and three dealerships couldn't figure it out. Both front seats squeaked and creaked so bad it would put you in an institution, and then she traded it in for a used Challenger with different seats this week and the DAY after she signed the papers the engine wiring harness went up in flames right outside my bay at work. Infernal pieces of crap I say. At least they are fun to drive I guess.

chief455
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
In the video, engine close up's have a Shaker scoop...better than that umm, bulge.
I like them of the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger retro pony cars. Mustang looked right 2005-2010 IMHO. Camaro still looks goofy, like a chooped top gumba car or something. I rode in a 6 speed SS with a good driver and it did not scare or impress me. The windows didn't seat into the upper rubber, the dash had some big thing in the middle, messed it up from retro. Challenger/Mustang are good, and the Mopar is BIG with forementioned blind spots.
That said, look at cetain SRT and Hurst edition Challengers, and they are nice.

justbob
04-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Looks the same to me? I bet that 8 speed makes that 485 feel more like 600.. I couldn't believe the difference with just adding the 6.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Limited360
04-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Tuesday I get to do some work on the 6.4L Challengers... Wish it was the blown 6.2L... Maybe next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

rayjay
04-26-2014, 05:52 AM
OK, I don't get it. The "shaker" intake is in the middle, but the air filter housing is on the left side of the engine? Does this somehow funnel air to the intake when the hood is closed?

Limited360
04-26-2014, 06:30 AM
OK, I don't get it. The "shaker" intake is in the middle, but the air filter housing is on the left side of the engine? Does this somehow funnel air to the intake when the hood is closed?

Yes. :banana:

chief455
04-26-2014, 09:01 AM
So I just listened to the video - decent upgrades to the option list. Paddle shifted 8 speed = nice! drag pack with Brembo's and the right wheels etc = nice car.

1Marauder
04-27-2014, 08:59 AM
I always wanted a 70.... and waited for this car for two years before it first came out, went and saw one of the first in my area with my then 8 year old. We got in, in the showroom, and with the salesman standing there my eight year old said, "Dad this looks really cheap... the dash is plastic!"

Further, I rented a few in my work travels and the blind spots are sooooo big that it is uncomfortable to drive. In fact, I don't know of a car that has worse blind spots.

We've gone to see the upgrades a couple of times... and have been underwhelmed each time.

BTW I've seen the NEW shaker hood and it does have the HOLE in it, so the nostril type air feed shown, and then the shaker air cover-- looked like a film cut to me. The true shaker hood set up looks cool.

Agree with all above; body line is far too high, also car is a good 6 inches too tall overall, and as such the tires look skinny no matter what.

I am waiting for a true shaker hood/Hemi convertible to cure all of these ills. Dark silver w/black out (Eleanor)... or Canary Yellow with White (Don Johnson).

PS houndstooth was a like it or hate it option then... But the show interior looked nice.

secretservice
04-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Drivetrain is great, road feel is great, fit and finish, overall leaves quite a bit to be desired. My 94k Marauder is tighter inside still than a two year old Challenger.

PuntyMario
04-27-2014, 06:22 PM
This is a Pony Car, not Muscle Car. Does anyone in the car business know what they are talking about anymore?

uh do you?

the guys at dodge themselves call it the "worlds only 4 door muscle car"

Aside from that im still loving how dodge is keeping it real with their challenger.