PDA

View Full Version : GM Product - Caveat Emptor!

sailsmen
04-22-2014, 07:47 AM
"U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Gerber’s 2009 order let the current GM reject its predecessor’s liabilities, including claims for damages based on design defects, the automaker said in filings in San Francisco and Corpus Christi, Texas.

"The new GM accepted claims for compensation by victims of accidents occurring after it emerged from bankruptcy, leaving pre-reorganization customers to get little or nothing from old GM, whose best assets it stripped away for itself.

After recalling 2.59 million cars with ignition problems linked to 13 deaths, the automaker, founded in 1908, is grappling with its biggest challenges since its bankruptcy."

lji372
04-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Shut the bums down IMHO

Ignoring known problems is a big NO NO in my book.

Joe Walsh
04-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Let me get this straight....

GM went into "reorganization" (such a nice term for bankruptcy!) at the taxpayer's expense,
and our great Federal Government, which was overseeing the debacle, allowed GM to dodge (pun intended) all the existing lawsuits?

I'm sure that all those plaintiffs are not too happy with Uncle Sam right about now!!.....:mad2:

fastblackmerc
04-23-2014, 05:06 AM
Should have let them fail............

secretservice
04-25-2014, 07:28 PM
They are an embarrassment to the United States. Plain and simple. I was working on an Equinox the other day and one of our newer techs is a GM guy and said "Workin on the good stuff!" I asked him with all the sincerity I could muster if he was dropped on his head as a child. My wife's Challenger, which she just traded her previous Challenger for, which had extremely annoying electrical problems, caught fire the day after she bought it. Starter solenoid wire grounded against the engine block and the engine wiring harness went up. While the GM side of our dealership is fixing it, (replacing the harness) they gave her a 2014 Acadia to drive. There are already intermittent problems in the Acadia, lift gate won't go up, radio is glitchy, etc. GM is horrible. Long live Ford. Wife will see the light some day.

lji372
04-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Should have let them fail............

Oh they failed, you mean should have let them die......

Wait, think of all the jobs and revenue they create for Uncle Sam........ Let's give them taxpayer money so we can get more taxpayer money:violin: