PDA

View Full Version : I cannot toot my own horn

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 09:09 AM
This issue is driving me crazy. Focus is no longer on the clock spring or air bag, but the horn. The horn is not working. Here are a few quick facts.

1. The horn works. It was hooked up manually by a dealer.

2. The relays still click. They click with the remote and with pushing the horn button from the interior.

3. The air bag is fine, being that it will cause the relay to click when you press on it.

4. I could not find any bad wires leading to the connection.

5. The clock spring is fine because the interior horn button is functioning.

Normally, I let things slide like power door locks and power mirrors, but this I need.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Fully ready for 1 out of 5 responses being useful.

The biggest problem is I can no longer race in Mexico to this song....

nRDyUIdqnc0

yjmud
04-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Ten Gallons Of Fuel And A Road Flare

fastblackmerc
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
This issue is driving me crazy. Focus is no longer on the clock spring or air bag, but the horn. The horn is not working. Here are a few quick facts.

1. The horn works. It was hooked up manually by a dealer.

2. The relays still click. They click with the remote and with pushing the horn button from the interior.

3. The air bag is fine, being that it will cause the relay to click when you press on it.

4. I could not find any bad wires leading to the connection.

5. The clock spring is fine because the interior horn button is functioning.

Normally, I let things slide like power door locks and power mirrors, but this I need.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Fully ready for 1 out of 5 responses being useful.

The biggest problem is I can no longer race in Mexico to this song....

nRDyUIdqnc0

Get a test light.

Start at the horn(s).

If the test lights lights up when pressing the horn button, move to the next connector.

I'll see if I can scan the page in the wiring manual for the horn.

yjmud
04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
^^^^^^^^waste of time told him that months ago^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yet here we are still
refer to my first post

fastblackmerc
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
^^^^^^^^waste of time told him that months ago^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yet here we are still
refer to my first post

Sometimes you have to keep repeating it till Dom gets it.....

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 09:30 AM
I guess I have to buy the test light, I am out of options.

I listen Eric, but I do all of the testing I can before spending. At this point, it's time to spend and the tool will pay for itself many times over.

yjmud
04-22-2014, 10:12 AM
It Sure Seemed Like You Spent First Then Tested I Remember Telling You To Get A Test Light And Check It.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffonebuck
04-22-2014, 10:15 AM
I guess I have to buy the test light, I am out of options.

I listen Eric, but I do all of the testing I can before spending. At this point, it's time to spend and the tool will pay for itself many times over.

You can make your own test light with any 12V bulb and socket and a little wire and use Jim's advice

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 10:20 AM
It Sure Seemed Like You Spent First Then Tested I Remember Telling You To Get A Test Light And Check It.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junkyard will issue refunds. Returning electronics to an autopart store? Forget it. I got lucky once. U-Pull it refunded my clock spring... to my surprise.

You can make your own test light with any 12V bulb and socket and a little wire and use Jim's advice

Hmmmm.

On it tonight!

ctrlraven
04-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Be careful with using a Ground test light, can easily fry something if you are not careful.

A digital multimeter is a better tool that will pay for itself many times over.

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Found the issue!!!!

It was not this obvious the last 2 times I checked. Now it's crystal clear.

Time for a new clip!

RF Overlord
04-22-2014, 12:37 PM
I continue to shake my head at how many times you have fallen in doo-doo and come up smelling like a rose. Maybe the ghost in your house was a mechanic in a previous life. :up:

Joe Walsh
04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
This issue is driving me crazy.

LOL....the most important function on your Marauder..... is the horn!

You must be a NYC Taxi driver!

EMAS
04-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Be careful with using a Ground test light, can easily fry something if you are not careful.

A DMM will often lead to a misdiagnosis as they do not load the circuit. The standard nowadays is a 10 megaohm input impedance which means they will show 12v when the circuit is only capable of carrying a couple milliamps of current. For this item the proper tool is a test light.

Jeffonebuck
04-22-2014, 03:33 PM
LOL....the most important function on your Marauder..... is the horn!

You must be a NYC Taxi driver!

True that, Motörhead without a horn would be like working under steel without a hard hat

fastblackmerc
04-22-2014, 03:34 PM

He won't spring for a new clockspring, why would he buy something more expensive?

Ken
04-22-2014, 04:36 PM
The horn is not working. Use middle finger! :D

tbone
04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Here's a permanent solution.

http://www.ottsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/horn800.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=EisfR_C_FNHoAM&tbnid=usVSGP1bT7JbNM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ottsworld .com%2Fblogs%2Fthe-motorbike-diaries-vol-14%2F&ei=yDZXU7bEE8mx2QWUSQ&bvm=bv.65177938,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNGY11tKumq6tMaSF3Nbm r0BK531-Q&ust=1398310976296670)

Motorhead350
04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
This is actually going to be awesome. Being that I need a new clip, I can put on a different horn. Last time I was at the yard, they had an Alpha Romao. I hope that horn is still there. Or, find an old Cadillac horn from the early 90s. My grandpa had a 91 Fleetwood and I loved that horn, it sounded like a train.

Tomorrow the junkyard is the candy store.

Jeffonebuck
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Just ask a cowboy , ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXHkFZ-nG4Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Motorhead350
04-23-2014, 11:41 AM
My horn went beep beep beep.

All fixed now with a 4 note Cadillac horn for fun. The factory one works fine. It's now my spare.

I love this Couple Deville horn!!!

Choo choo!!