PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman's Wife Surgery Update

Marauderman
04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
For those who have been following me and my wife , she had back surgery April 23rd. It was a 12 hour duration as it was on her back. She had a curved spine bent at the waist over very much so . Many of you who have met Kathy would never had believed her if you had seen her. Well after surgery where they had to break her back twice to straighten her back with a lot of stuff, she is upright and walking looking straight ahead today.

She was in ICU for two days as she could not breath on her own for two days for being out so long--after then the tube was removed and was able to on her own. Moved to regular ward till last night where she was moved to an acute Re-Hab hospital closer to home--11 miles.

Today she started her boot camp Rehab 3-4 hours a day and we hope to have here home by next Tuesday.

I have spent many hours last week like many of you with your loved ones in the hospital when they have needed you too. I am tired but oh so very Happy for Kathy .She will have an upper torso body wrap for 5 more weeks and then we will see where things are then.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers . Kathy is now on the road to have her life back in straight form!!!!!!!

CWright
04-30-2014, 01:38 PM
For those who have been following me and my wife , she had back surgery April 23rd. It was a 12 hour duration as it was on her back. She had a curved spine bent at the waist over very much so . Many of you who have met Kathy would never had believed her if you had seen her. Well after surgery where they had to break her back twice to straighten her back with a lot of stuff, she is upright and walking looking straight ahead today.

She was in ICU for two days as she could not breath on her own for two days for being out so long--after then the tube was removed and was able to on her own. Moved to regular ward till last night where she was moved to an acute Re-Hab hospital closer to home--11 miles.

Today she started her boot camp Rehab 3-4 hours a day and we hope to have here home by next Tuesday.

I have spent many hours last week like many of you with your loved ones in the hospital when they have needed you too. I am tired but oh so very Happy for Kathy .She will have an upper torso body wrap for 5 more weeks and then we will see where things are then.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers . Kathy is now on the road to have her life back in straight form!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update Tom! We will be praying for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted on her progress!

gdsqdcr
04-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Awesome to hear. Prayers for speedy and uneventful recovery are coming your way.

MM03MOK
04-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Please give Kathy my Love!! I know she has the stamina to beat up Boot Camp pretty good! A wonderful lady you have there, Tom!!! Miss you both. Now, you stay out of trouble, ya hear!

:bunny2:

whitey
04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Good to hear all went well, tell her to keep strong and keep the drugs stronger:)

Comin' in Hot
04-30-2014, 02:18 PM
That's great news Tom!! I'll be sending good vibes her way.

Mr. Man
04-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Eric and I wish her well, Tom!

rayjay
04-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

ROCOB
04-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Prayers for Kathy, you, and the whole shooting match!!!
please give her our best.

Bluerauder
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that the prognosis is good. Hope Kathy's rehab boot camp provides a full and speedy recovery. :up:

justbob
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Wish for a speedy recovery!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Bigdogjim
04-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Listen to the Doctors please.(sounds like you both are)

Prayers still being offered up for Kathy's well being and your inter strength.

God Bless all of you!

1stMerc
04-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Great to hear that things are going well....hope they continue for you both.

MOTOWN
04-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Really good to see more recovery stories versus loosing another member, hope this trend continues!

Marauderman
05-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Thank you all for all the well wishes.

I meet her for day 2 and I'm in training today to learning my duties when she gets home.

Again--thank you all--Tom

fastblackmerc
05-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Glad Kathy is doing well.

Will call you this afternoon.

sflrainmaker01
05-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Glad all is well and all the best for a speedy recovery!

RubberCtyRauder
05-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Here's to a great recovery!!!!

martyo
05-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Best wishes to her!

Roadwarrior
05-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Good news Tom. Prayers to both of you for continued health.

L.Mark
05-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Always glad to here goods news...here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!!:beer:

RoyLPita
05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

HammerDown
05-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Kathy, best wishes and prayers for your recovery from this. Tom, we know you will take of her!!!! both of you, hang in there!!!!!

Connie & Jack

GAMike
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
You guys have been through so much Tom..... So glad to hear Kathy is on the mend! With her spirit and your devotion, failure doesn't stand a chance bud! All the best to you both for a full. issue free and speedy (of course) :) recovery.

Marauderman
05-09-2014, 04:15 AM
It seems all your well wishes and prayers have done the job-- Kathy came home Wednesday after a week in Hospital( 2 days in ICU) and a week in special Re-Hab Hospital.

She is getting around with a a straight back ans is surprised seeing everything high up that she had been missing. Aid is with a walker for balance but hopefully to shed in a few weeks.

Saw her surgeon in the office yesterday and took out all the stitches and was told all is fine--just need to stay on the exercises and strengthening her muscles and eat a lot of protein to get the healing faster.

SO a BIG THANK YOU from me for all your thoughts and concerns following her along!!!!

Bluerauder
05-09-2014, 04:22 AM
It seems all your well wishes and prayers have done the job-- Kathy came home Wednesday after a week in Hospital( 2 days in ICU) and a week in special Re-Hab Hospital.

This is great news Tom. Glad to hear that Kathy is well on the road to recovery. :2thumbs:

IwantmyMMnow!
05-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Fandamntastic, Tom! I'm really happy for both of you....:banana:

Haggis
05-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Great news Tom, give Kathy our best.

G&C

rayjay
05-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Thats great Tom!

Marauderman
05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Once again , thanks to all the well wishers--Yep--Went back to work today after out for only 2 1/2 weeks--Kathy up and using walker to balance herself after 12 steel bolts in her back/spine and being opened up front and back.. Quite amazing I must say so myself.

Having her up-right is so wonderful--until its gone--you don't' appreciate what we have --so enjoy what you have while you have it folks--Its time for Kathy to have her second round--!! something we don't always get the change to do--

Thanks again for all your thought--Tom

CWright
05-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Once again , thanks to all the well wishers--Yep--Went back to work today after out for only 2 1/2 weeks--Kathy up and using walker to balance herself after 12 steel bolts in her back/spine and being opened up front and back.. Quite amazing I must say so myself.

Having her up-right is so wonderful--until its gone--you don't' appreciate what we have --so enjoy what you have while you have it folks--Its time for Kathy to have her second round--!! something we don't always get the change to do--

Thanks again for all your thought--Tom

Great to hear Tom! Give Kathy a hug from Kim and me! Kim ask about her to this day. I'll pass along the great news to her. :beer:

Bigdogjim
05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Great news! I know what's that feeling like when your on the road to recovery.

Kathy keep up the good work.

God Bless!