PDA

View Full Version : 04 Aviator DOA

Loco1234
05-08-2014, 08:32 PM
04 Aviator DOA

Vehicle has been in a few accidents (repaired) & has 80k on odometer.
Since repaired last time the battery would go dead in a few days of sitting. After jumping it to start today; it was driving & running fine. After being on highway a few min I got off onto a 35mph back road with a 15% uphill grade. After a 1mile of this I began to experience what seemed to be slip in tranny. The engine rpm was up to 5K rpm & car was only doing 30mph in OD.
Since I was only a mile from a friends house I made my way to there. After another 1/2 mile the engine began to wanna stall if I didn't give it some gas to prevent a stall. After I reached top of hill the motor stalled & I rolled in neutral down to friends driveway.

Aviator was DOA & a jump wasn't starting it. I purchased another new battery. Even with new battery the motor wouldn't turn over. I could hear the click of solenoid & enough power for all windows etc...
I hope something didn't happen to cause the motor to seize but I did hear some unpleasant noise when the motor finally stalled and it was spinning down in rpm's...
But the 1st problem other than requiring a jump to start was what seemed to be a lack of power getting to the wheels so i presumed tranny slip... Tomorrow I intend to try & beat the starter a lil before I get vehicle towed away..

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts...?
I believe the power drain that has been draining battery had to do with the PATS. From time to time the u could hear a relay having trouble clicking over ( would create a buzz) from under the driver side dash... lock/unlock & key off/on a few times would clear this... (worse when cold outside)
I hope a new drive train isn't required now