PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg, Smoky Mountains, Tenn.

Pat
05-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Patricia, me and my second son, the Honda mech, vacationed in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smokey Mountain's Park area last week.
The motel was a choice to save money, $71.00 per nite. Barely adequate but we didn't stay there much.

The two towns are, as expected, geared to serve the tourist and separate them from their cash with the least amount of consternation.

A feature I didn't expect was a plethora of Pancake Houses. Good for sure. Kid's welcome, lots for them to ride, jump, drive and experience.

But the best part was the GSM park. With beautiful winding hardtop roads flanked by rushing stream's to drive throughout the park. Breathtaking vistas of the mountains, both near and far, with valleys cloaked in a white vapor, hence the name Smokey.

Waterfalls, large and small, hiking trails coursing throughout the park and a first class visitors center, complete with Flora and fauna displays, movies and helpful staff.

So pack your comfy hiking boots, a walking staff and spend a couple of days communing with nature.

A 9 on the must see meter.

Regards,

Pat

Bigdogjim
05-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Have not been there a few years, I watched the place grow and a very fast pace in the 80's

For sure there is no lack of something to do:up:

Ms. Denmark
05-18-2014, 09:00 AM

Bigdogjim
05-18-2014, 11:04 AM
^^^ We should have a meet there on weekend?

Mr. Man
05-18-2014, 02:21 PM
How about a Marauderville?

Bigdogjim
05-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah that would be winner!!

Pat
05-18-2014, 03:54 PM
That would be the Southern Marauders servicing that area.
Lot's of high powered go cart racing going on there.
Plenty of motels/hotels, food outlets, especially after school start, mid Sept-mid Oct.
Everything is close by, no need to drive 50 miles one way for a venue.
large public area in park for display.

Wonder if this was proposed before?

Mebot
05-18-2014, 05:49 PM
That's awesome! Smoky Mountains are on my itinerary when I drive back across country to Seattle, WA.

last time I was in Gatlinburg, I went to OberGatlinburg and did the mountain luge. Oh my god it was so much fun

Bigdogjim
05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Wonder if this was proposed before?

Back around MV-II it was kicked around one faction wanted Indy one faction wanted Bristol, Va/Tn.
Smoky Mountains were also talked about in some groups, nothing came of it.

Mr. Man
05-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Seems to me that the Tenn area would be a good draw for both Northern and Southern Marauderers and even Waymon way out yonder.

vkirkend
05-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Been there before and love the place! also lots of hings in walking distance if you have a mind for it.

Marauder_Santa
05-19-2014, 06:33 AM

Good idea. This is a short trip from Atlanta.

Curless
05-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Headed down there next week for 10 days. I go every year with a group of guys to ride motorcycles through the mountains...Next time your there head down to Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon / Wheels through time....

Sammich
05-19-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a lot of family in eastern Tennessee, and I've been to the Smoky Mountains multiple times. Cannot recommend going highly enough. Such a beautiful place, and lots to do for sure!