PDA

View Full Version : 4.30's done!!!

ultravorx
04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, my car was actually finished up today. It was finished at a mercury dealership. I picked it up tonight. They did need the shims, and bearings to do the job right. The total price was about $450 with the partsd and labor. $375 labor, $75 parts. They actually replaced the axles because they said they groaned a bit, this part was done under warranty!!!! :bounce: I couldnt believe it, i guess because i delt with the matter in a calm way, and left the car for the time they needed, (even though i was a bit an-see), they considered that part warranty work. Now i very glad they had it for the time they did!

As for the car itself, im doing the 10 mile/30 minute cool down just to be safe, but it does have a butt load of pick up. I will post more details later tonight. It does "whistle" a bit more than the factory gears, but it actually sounds VERY mean!!! Thanks for all you support and responses, im sorry if i got over excited about the car, i just missed her and it was getting to me. :lol:
Frank

woaface
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Way to go man:rock:

SergntMac
04-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Bravo! Nice job! Congrats! Enjoy!

SergntMac
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
"No further, all units taking in the man calling for help, disregard. No further assistance...Code four."

junehhan
04-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey, congradulations on the 4.30's! Let us know how you feel when you get a chance to take them for a more extensive test drive. I'm debating gears and am looking at 4.10's sometime this summer depending on the availability of funds........

ultravorx
04-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Well, i finally had some fun tonight with the new gears. i found that at about 80mph im at 2900 rpms and at 70 mph, im at about 2600 rpms. My only concern is the whine i get under accelation, coasting is not an issue, the dealer states this is due to the higher gear ratio. I hope their right. The accelation of the car is awesome, i have maxxed it out yet, but with what i've done im more than happy!!!
Frank

junehhan
04-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Have you tried to see if you can light up the tires if you punch it from a standstill?

MENINBLK
04-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Have you tried to see if you can light up the tires if you punch it from a standstill?

Light up the tires ???
With the 4.30 rear the Marauder should not only be able to light them up
but BLOW THEM OUT as well !!!

My 04 can light up the rears from a standstill without a problem.
I did it and scared the bejeeses out of myself
and the person I was trying to scare !

martyo
04-10-2004, 04:33 AM

Hee hee! :up:

ultravorx
04-10-2004, 06:26 AM
I havent punched it from a standstill yet, but i can say i can "perform" the 1-2 tire chirp without the manual shifting, so thats pretty impressive!!!

My conclusion, if you have the extra $20, buy the 4.30's, like everyone said, you'll always wonder what if, if you got the 4.10's, im a happy camper with them!!!
Frank

SergntMac
04-10-2004, 06:34 AM
I'm almost afraid to ask this...Did you purchase FMS gears?

ultravorx
04-10-2004, 06:37 AM
I'm almost afraid to ask this...Did you purchase FMS gears?
yes, i did, this is so i can maintain my factory warranty. On my workorder, they even said that i used ford motor sport gears, so i shouldnt have ANY warranty issues!
Frank

junehhan
04-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Light up the tires ???
With the 4.30 rear the Marauder should not only be able to light them up
but BLOW THEM OUT as well !!!

My 04 can light up the rears from a standstill without a problem.

Well, I ask that because I can't break my tires loose at all on my 04. If I just punch the gas from a standstill, it just bogs, although it will chirp sometimes. I think a lot of it depends on the pavement you are on though.

TripleTransAm
04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
My only concern is the whine i get under accelation, coasting is not an issue, the dealer states this is due to the higher gear ratio.

I'm no expert, but something about that makes me worried.

It might be a good idea to have the gear set-up looked at by a competent rear end shop. Call it a gut feeling of mine...

(in other words, I don't think you should be hearing anything under either load or coast-down...)

67435animal
04-11-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm no expert, but something about that makes me worried.

It might be a good idea to have the gear set-up looked at by a competent rear end shop. Call it a gut feeling of mine...

(in other words, I don't think you should be hearing anything under either load or coast-down...)

I agree; while a little whine might be OK, they may not have adjusted tehm correctly so that everything is lined up. Help me here with the techie stuff TTA.

Bob

TAF
04-11-2004, 05:30 AM
I'll "3rd it"...you should not have these "noises" after the install. Could be several things but...backlash comes to mind.