PDA

View Full Version : Going to Indy? Anybody up for a caravan?

Donny Carlson
04-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm going. Is anyone interested in meeting somewhere for a caravan?:up:

Donny Carlson
04-10-2004, 07:18 PM
insert sound efx: crickets:alone:

Haggis
04-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Donny, Ladyhawke and I will be at Indy. I think we are kind of out of the way for you to hook up with us, but you are more than welcome to caravan with us and the rest of the Capital Area Marauders.

MARAUDERCHICK
04-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm goin'!! And I would love to caravan, cause I really don't want to get lost by myself....I'd prefer to get lost with fellow Marauderers!!:P

Haggis
04-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Donny, Ladyhawke and I will be at Indy. I think we are kind of out of the way for you to hook up with us, but you are more than welcome to caravan with us and the rest of the Capital Area Marauders.

I should not have to invite you Kathy. You always have a open invitation to stop by. Come north and then swing west, the more the merrier. :up:

MARAUDERCHICK
04-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I should not have to invite you Kathy. You always have a open invitation to stop by. Come north and then swing west, the more the merrier. :up:
Thanks Gordon!! :banana: Maybe we can meet up in the middle somewhere along the way, and I can join in ya'lls caravan!!

Haggis
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I know it is kind of out of the way, but if you all were to come up I-81 we could meet you in outside of Hagerstown, Md. It is where I-81 and I-70 interstect, there is also a Red Roof Inn about a mile south on I-81 in Williamsport, MD. They have a large enough parking lot where we can all fit.

Paul T. Casey
04-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Would a "yall's (actually yawls) caravan" be akin to a fleet? Just wry, dry swamp yankee humor. :lol:

Ross
04-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Would a "yall's (actually yawls) caravan" be akin to a fleet? Just wry, dry swamp yankee humor. :lol:

Linguistic Class For The Day: "y'all": contraction of "you all", therefore the apostrophe between the "y" and the "all".

"y'all's": possessive form of "y'all", therefore the apostrophe before the "s".

"You all" is normally used more in the "Deep South", where "y'all" is widespread throughout Texas, although it is used elsewhere as well, as demonstrated by Marauderchick.

Paul, go sit in the corner. Ain't no such thing as "yawls"!

I will let those from other parts of the country expound upon the subtleties of "you guys", "youse guys", "you'uns", "y'uns", etc.

MAD-3R
04-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Linguistic Class For The Day: "y'all": contraction of "you all", therefore the apostrophe between the "y" and the "all".

"You all" is normally used more in the "Deep South", where "y'all" is widespread throughout Texas, although it is used elsewhere as well, as demonstrated by Marauderchick.

I will let those from other parts of the country expound upon the subtleties of "you guys", "youse guys", "you'uns", "y'uns", etc.

Yawls is the phonetic pernounciation of Y'all, to as was state from northern country folk.

MM03MOK
04-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Main Entry: yawl http://www.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?yawl0001.wav=yawl'))
Pronunciation: <TT>'yol</TT>
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural yawls
Etymology: Low German jolle
1 : a ship's small boat : JOLLY BOAT (http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=jolly+boat)
2 : a fore-and-aft rigged sailboat carrying a mainsail and one or more jibs with a mizzenmast far aft

http://www.seoulyacht.com/images/yawl.jpg

Ross
04-12-2004, 09:50 AM
As usual, Mary comes to the rescue!

2003 MIB
04-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't think you're really Southern until you refer to your family as, "Mama and them". :up:

TAF
04-12-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't think you're really Southern until you refer to your family as, "Mama and them". :up:You want to start a "Momma-thon" ??!!

MARAUDERCHICK
04-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Yep! We use ya'll down here in Jawja (Southern for Georgia)....commonly used by those who were born and raised here....like ME!!!:P

MARAUDERCHICK
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't think you're really Southern until you refer to your family as, "Mama and them". :up:
Actually pronounced: "Mama an nem";) :P

Ross
04-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually pronounced: "Mama an nem";) :P

Popular Southern greeting: " How's your mama an nem?"

Paul T. Casey
04-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks Bunny, I knew I could count on you for photographic evidence. All kidding aside, and maybe stop further thread de-railment, I've me "Nawthen" and "Southern" Marauder folks. IMHO, glad I've hooked up with both, as there's no finer group of people. Both sets have always made me feel real welcome. Now for the big question, What is Todd up to? I have an ideer!

Ross
04-12-2004, 10:51 AM
All kidding aside, and maybe stop further thread de-railment, I've me "Nawthen" and "Southern" Marauder folks. IMHO, glad I've hooked up with both, as there's no finer group of people.[QUOTE]

Amen to that! :up:

[QUOTE] Now for the big question, What is Todd up to? I have an ideer!

Please don't tempt Marty! :lol:

martyo
04-12-2004, 11:06 AM

Or, if you are from Todd's trailer park, you are married to your Momma.

MARAUDERCHICK
04-12-2004, 11:09 AM
:lol: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

TAF
04-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Man...you are just scorin points with the wife, aren't ya...

Anyway...Step-moms don't count. :D

MARAUDERCHICK
04-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Ya'll are bad!! Funny, but bad!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TAF
04-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Which is MUCH better than your first wife. I found this pic when I "googled" her maiden name...man, I can't believe you ever...uh..."googled" this Marty.
http://www.cob1.addr.com/childhillary.jpg

TAF
04-12-2004, 11:23 AM
What is Todd up to? I have an ideer!
SHHHH...I'm "huntin wabbits"...
http://www.bluebridge.se/wabbitz/fudd.jpg

Haggis
04-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I know it is kind of out of the way, but if you all were to come up I-81 we could meet you outside of Hagerstown, Md. It is where I-81 and I-70 interstect, there is also a Red Roof Inn about a mile south on I-81 in Williamsport, MD. They have a large enough parking lot where we can all fit.

Lets put this Thread back on track...

Ross
04-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Lets put this Thread back on track...

OK, if we must, but it's not near as much fun!

Bluerauder
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM

I think that to be all inclusive, Ross should have used the plural version of "y'all" which is "All Y'all".

TAF
04-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Yep...it's "back on track"....