PDA

View Full Version : Deal is a Deal

marauderthis
05-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Regrettably my generous $100 offer is retracted.
Sadly Motorhead 350 did not live up to his end of the deal.
Oh well better luck next time.So... what to do with the $100?

Curless, are you currently repairing another members Marauder who is deserving? How about you Spectragod?

What I am also considering is giving the money to mercurymarauder.net as a donation.

Some positive input is welcome.

whitey
05-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Save it for a rainy day. Buy an led upgrade kit. Get a gt500 rear differential cover. Upgrade to hid headlights and/or fogs........there is plenty of ways to use $100 to upgrade YOUR car.

lji372
05-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Donate it to Jerry's kids :dunno:

I just made a small donation to my former school districts science program, the options are endless.

IMHO not knowing the particulars of how the money is spent makes it easier.........

fastblackmerc
05-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Regrettably my generous $100 offer is retracted.
Sadly Motorhead 350 did not live up to his end of the deal.
Oh well better luck next time.So... what to do with the $100?

Curless, are you currently repairing another members Marauder who is deserving? How about you Spectragod?

What I am also considering is giving the money to mercurymarauder.net as a donation.

Knew it would happen.....

Donate it to a local food bank or other local charity.

Spectragod
05-25-2014, 09:12 AM

Really, are you *****ting me? I give stuff away on this board on a regular basis, so in short, yes, but I always get to pick the recipient, not the other way around.

Let me ask you....... if you saw a homeless person, or someone down on their luck, would you offer them help, or help with some stupid stipulation? I'll wait for your response.....

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-25-2014, 09:23 AM
You can send me the $100, I need to take my blower off and diagnose an intercooler leak. The down time and psychological problems this is causing me is killing me. :bigcry: The $100 can buy me plenty of beer to hold me over 'til and during the repair.

Ms. Denmark
05-25-2014, 10:34 AM
You wanna help out a fellow member? Do it for the right reasons, do it anonymously and don't add strings. A gift is a gift not a chance to knock someone, scold someone, own someone just so you look good. JMHO but I'm not wrong.

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 11:19 AM
What are you talking about? I PMed you a number of times with no response and even posted a thread to contact you. The car is still with Chris and the repair is TBA. I do not understand.

marauderthis
05-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Of course, I’ll respond from the onset I had reservations so yes there were stipulations, stipulations that were agreed to and unfortunately not adhered to.

Spectragod I want you to know if you were the individual in need, there would be no stipulations etc. In fact your character and integrity would not be in question -- so none of this would be an issue.

If I saw a homeless person, or someone down on their luck…

Let me share this - December 1995 I was in Budapest, Hungary on Christmas Eve I rode the subway. It was a very demoralizing experience – People were living on the subway platform. Many of them were families with little children and they were starving.
I was handing out money left and right. One elderly woman who looked just like my grandmother was a mess - she was so emaciated. I handed her $20. I think at that time the exchange rate was 30 to one. The old woman grabbed my hand she was crying like a baby. That night I emptied out my wallet ($475) I left my self with enough to get back to where I was staying.

No more needs to be said about this - a deal is a deal.

MH350 I was trying to teach you something. If you dont start getting it and very soon life is going to get even harder. That I can promise.

Really, are you *****ting me? I give stuff away on this board on a regular basis, so in short, yes, but I always get to pick the recipient, not the other way around.

Let me ask you....... if you saw a homeless person, or someone down on their luck, would you offer them help, or help with some stupid stipulation? I'll wait for your response.....

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 01:18 PM
I do not have time nor do I care to argue with you.

If anything you voided your own agreement. It's not my fault Chris has other cars to service before me or the fact that you have trouble communicating with me on-line.

Take your 100 bucks and donate it to Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association.

Spectragod
05-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Very awesome, we are cut from the same cloth. I try not to have a hang up with anyone. If I can help, I try to, if not, I try to find a way to.

I know Dom and his antics, we were all young and did crazy stuff, it's not for me to try and change someone or judge them, if they wish to continue to make bad life choices, then that was their choice.

Of course, I’ll respond from the onset I had reservations so yes there were stipulations, stipulations that were agreed to and unfortunately not adhered to.

Spectragod I want you to know if you were the individual in need, there would be no stipulations etc. In fact your character and integrity would not be in question -- so none of this would be an issue.

If I saw a homeless person, or someone down on their luck…

Let me share this - December 1995 I was in Budapest, Hungary on Christmas Eve I rode the subway. It was a very demoralizing experience – People were living on the subway platform. Many of them were families with little children and they were starving.
I was handing out money left and right. One elderly woman who looked just like my grandmother was a mess - she was so emaciated. I handed her $20. I think at that time the exchange rate was 30 to one. The old woman grabbed my hand she was crying like a baby. That night I emptied out my wallet ($475) I left my self with enough to get back to where I was staying.

No more needs to be said about this - a deal is a deal.

MH350 I was trying to teach you something. If you dont start getting it and very soon life is going to get even harder. That I can promise.

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Lol as if no one in the world has made a bad decision.

I made mistakes and still will. One cannot evolve without error.

gdsqdcr
05-25-2014, 02:39 PM
We all make choices in life, some good and some bad. Some learn and others do not.

When I donate money, I have stipulations. The primary one is that I believe in the individual or group that I provide financial assistance to. I think this is true for all of us. Think of the donations that are made to individuals, religious organizations, political, ideological based organizations. We would likely not give to something that we do not believe in. Marauderthis did just this with his offer to help Dom. I see nothing wrong with his pulling the offer if he believes the stipulations were not met. For example, if you have an automatic payment plan to some organization that you support. Some time after you pledge that financial assistance, they fail to meet your expectations. Would you still continue to donate to that cause?

I think one if the points in the recent Dom event is that some people do not believe he will change. They don't believe he has made an effort to change. So why should they donate whether in the public view or privately?

I am excited to part of a board where Spectra and Cureless will still donate their resources to Dom, even though Marauderthis (nor myslf) will. That does not make anyone good or bad people.

I donate my time and money to causes I believe in. Generally I will not give money to homeless-though they will receive food and water from me and a conversation from me. That is true even if I have to walk into a store and buy it for them on the spot. Marauderthis provided much needed assistance in Budapest, I have in my time and will continue to do so.

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Happy for any help that comes my way. I help when I can too. Thankful for everything. If one does not wanna help fine, but no need to tell me why.

I still do not see how I screwed anything up with the offer, but whatever. The car will be fixed, I will be back on the road blasting Doo Wop and pursing the life I want.

marauderthis
05-25-2014, 07:06 PM
I still do not see how I screwed anything up with the offer

Dominick, you have to open your eyes I can't lead you to salvation.
There is no future in screw-ups & happy for any help.
I am saying this constructively. If the character Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz had your insight and perception she would have never learned anything and she would have not made it back to Kansas.

If a simple agreement was too much of a challenge then some where down the line you may be in for some serious pain and hurt
especially if you violate a contract that has big money attached to it.

Please find yourself and wake up fast.

Good Luck Dominick

Happy for any help that comes my way. I help when I can too. Thankful for everything. If one does not wanna help fine, but no need to tell me why.

I still do not see how I screwed anything up with the offer, but whatever. The car will be fixed, I will be back on the road blasting Doo Wop and pursing the life I want.

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 07:24 PM
I agreed to you and you bring all of this... and become an Indian Giver.

I am awake. Learn to read and not void your own agreements.

I still do not see how I screwed anything up with the offer

Dominick, you have to open your eyes I can't lead you to salvation.
There is no future in screw-ups & happy for any help.
I am saying this constructively. If the character Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz had your insight and perception she would have never learned anything and she would have not made it back to Kansas.

If a simple agreement was too much of a challenge then some where down the line you may be in for some serious pain and hurt

So please find yourself and wake up fast.

Good Luck Dominick

TooManyFords
05-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't worry Dom, Marauderthis is an A.S.S. I'll cover his $100 strings attached offer and tell him to grow up.

Cheers buddy!

Chris, PM me where to send the money.

John "no strings attached" Friel

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Lol. You are something else John.

gdsqdcr
05-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't worry Dom, Marauderthis is an A.S.S. I'll cover his $100 strings attached offer and tell him to grow up.

Cheers buddy!

Chris, PM me where to send the money.

John "no strings attached" Friel

Marauderthis, thank you for standing up for your convictions. Sometimes it am be a tough rode to follow.

Motorhead350
05-25-2014, 09:03 PM
EDIT: No point to Talking to anyone who does not want to listen.

L.Mark
05-26-2014, 09:14 PM

If Dom doesn't mind what were the stipulations??? He did post a thread and said he pmed you...was he supposed to hula dance:bs: for you or something...

lji372
05-26-2014, 09:37 PM
If Dom doesn't mind what were the stipulations??? He did post a thread and said he pmed you...was he supposed to hula dance:bs: for you or something...

I think it was supposed to be the hula naked and well....that's where curless drew the line on recording it for evidence :laugh:

Motorhead350
05-26-2014, 09:40 PM

Sure, here are how things went and everyone is free to check because zero PMs were made, so nothing is private.

1. I think I have a serious engine problem, start a thread asking if someone can stop by and get a better idea.

2. The video was submitted to a few people, others forwarded it. Zack (because he is never wrong about anything ever) posts and says the engine is toast.

3. I am wondering about what to do and an offer for an engine replacement comes up. Nearly everyone is livid.

4. marauderthis says to "bring the car to Curless and I will throw down $100 to do it right. No "Micky Mouse" repairs". I agree and bring the car to Chris.

5. marauderthis posts in my old thread asking if I accept the offer for the second time. I thought saying thank you was good enough the first time, but said for the second time I accepted and even PMed him saying so.

6. marauderthis starts this thread saying the offer is no longer valid and I need to wake up, learn about life and need to change.

All of this while following through with what he said. Even if the offer was not given, the car would still be with Chris. Chris did mention he could not get to my car for a week due to other cars he must attend to, which is understandable. This was with the intention of an engine swap. Being that an engine swap might not be needed, I have no idea when I will be getting the car back. All I know is it's 3 hours from my place at the current moment.

So there you have it. Full details on our Indian Giver marauderthis who fails to respond to his own PMs. Even when I agree to and follow though with his "deal".

lji372
05-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Sure, here are how things went and everyone is free to check because zero PMs were made, so nothing is private.

1. I think I have a serious engine problem, start a thread asking if someone can stop by and get a better idea.

2. The video was submitted to a few people, others forwarded it. Zack (because he is never wrong about anything ever) posts and says the engine is toast.

3. I am wondering about what to do and an offer for an engine replacement comes up. Nearly everyone is livid.

4. marauderthis says to "bring the car to Curless and I will throw down $100 to do it right. No "Micky Mouse" repairs". I agree and bring the car to Chris.

5. marauderthis posts in my old thread asking if I accept the offer for the second time. I thought saying thank you was good enough the first time, but said for the second time I accepted and even PMed him saying so.

6. marauderthis starts this thread saying the offer is no longer valid and I need to wake up, learn about life and need to change.

All of this while following through with what he said. Even if the offer was not given, the car would still be with Chris.

So there you have it. Full details on our Indian Giver who fails to respond to his own PMs.

True story IMHO
Well you left out the you and curless video ;)

Jeffonebuck
05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
How come Cureless gets to be in all the Video opps !:violin::bs:

lji372
05-26-2014, 10:11 PM
How come Cureless gets to be in all the Video opps !:violin::bs:

Nuff said

Jeffonebuck
05-26-2014, 10:22 PM

Nuff said

It's gotta be the Hair :pimp:

Motorhead350
05-27-2014, 12:40 AM
It's gotta be the Hair :pimp:

You boys have a problem with my hair?

Lol

J-MAN
05-27-2014, 03:01 AM
"No more Mickey Mouse repairs no more arguing, sniping, biting the hands that help you i. e. Zack."

Seems like this is what your lost donor is talking about. No sense in name calling. The devils in the details.

Spectragod
05-27-2014, 05:05 AM
"No more Mickey Mouse repairs no more arguing, sniping, biting the hands that help you i. e. Zack."

Seems like this is what your lost donor is talking about. No sense in name calling. The devils in the details.

I don't get all that...... if Dom told me to FO, my deal would still be valid, why is everyone so butthurt over words? :confused:

Motorhead350
05-27-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't get all that...... if Dom told me to FO, my deal would still be valid, why is everyone so butthurt over words? :confused:

I would bet it's because those people are extremely jealous they did not have such an offer when they were in a rut. So, they have to do their best to make me feel miserable and anyone else who cares to help out. OR personally dislike me for the life I am chasing after instead of taking the easy way out. My POV.

Spectragod
05-27-2014, 06:19 AM
I would bet it's because those people are extremely jealous they did not have such an offer when they were in a rut. So, they have to do their best to make me feel miserable and anyone else who cares to help out. OR personally dislike me for the life I am chasing after instead of taking the easy way out. My POV.

I think you are correct. I remember when we(the board) would help other members out when a problem like this came about.

And before anyone says a word, I remember one member that got a new motor from donations, wrecked the car, then sold the motor when parting the car out, no one said a word..........go figure.:shake:

Zack
05-27-2014, 06:19 AM
I do not have time nor do I care to argue with you.

Exactly the point marauderthis was trying to make.

You just cant STFU.

You are getting about $3000 worth of free stuff and all he wanted you to do was shut up and be thankful.

But clearly that isn't happening based on your responses.

Anyone who donated to you is a fool. You have a 10 year track record of being irresponsible with the car, and it will never change.

Spectragod
05-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Anyone who donated to you is a fool.

I am a lot of things, a fool isn't one of them....

Motorhead350
05-27-2014, 06:29 AM
Exactly the point marauderthis was trying to make.

You just cant STFU.

You are getting about $3000 worth of free stuff and all he wanted you to do was shut up and be thankful.

But clearly that isn't happening based on your responses.

Anyone who donated to you is a fool. You have a 10 year track record of being irresponsible with the car, and it will never change.

You mad bro?

Do we need to discuss your free house again?

:eek:

RubberCtyRauder
05-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Free house, Free car.. Who cares?....Does he keep it in dis-repair? buy used stuff to fix it? is it clean, dry, maintained? compare apples to apples if you are going to compare. You admit you drive the car hard..You've put alot of miles on it and numerous engines..How many furnaces has Zack gone thru or roofs. cars are machines and machines needs maintenace before things break.

That is all.

Zack
05-27-2014, 07:00 AM
You mad bro?

I have no problem admitting I don't contribute to the mortgage. That's our business.
In the meantime, Becky never has to worry about a thing as far as upkeep. Never has to remind me about a problem that is inconveniencing her. Never has to worry about any type of car related problem for more time than it takes me to diagnose, obtain parts and repair.

She gets to walk out to this every single day because of my determined upkeep.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn306/Marauder-Z/House_zps4f0fccd8.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/Marauder-Z/media/House_zps4f0fccd8.jpg.html)

fastblackmerc
05-27-2014, 07:13 AM
You mad bro?

Who cares? Wasn't your Marauder free?

Free house, Free car.. Who cares?....Does he keep it in dis-repair? buy used stuff to fix it? is it clean, dry, maintained? compare apples to apples if you are going to compare. You admit you drive the car hard..You've put alot of miles on it and numerous engines..How many furnaces has Zack gone thru or roofs. cars are machines and machines needs maintenace before things break.

That is all.
Preventative maintenance is the name of the game.

I have no problem admitting I don't contribute to the mortgage. That's our business.
In the meantime, Becky never has to worry about a thing as far as upkeep. Never has to remind me about a problem that is inconveniencing her. Never has to worry about any type of car related problem for more time than it takes me to diagnose, obtain parts and repair.

She gets to walk out to this every single day because of my determined upkeep.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn306/Marauder-Z/House_zps4f0fccd8.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/Marauder-Z/media/House_zps4f0fccd8.jpg.html)
How you handle your bills is your business... period.

Marauderthis made an offer with stipulations.... he determined that Dom didn't meet those sitpulations, he rescinded the offer.

How or why he did it should not be our concern.

Joe Walsh
05-27-2014, 07:41 AM

I know Dom and his antics, we were all young and did crazy stuff, it's not for me to try and change someone or judge them, if they wish to continue to make bad life choices, then that was their choice.

I think you are correct. I remember when we(the board) would help other members out when a problem like this came about.

And before anyone says a word, I remember one member that got a new motor from donations, wrecked the car, then sold the motor when parting the car out, no one said a word..........go figure.:shake:

I believe that there were several members who had donations to help them with a blown engine.
I contributed to one member's engine rebuild, but when I saw who they were going back to for the repair and dyno tune, I shook my head and thought:
"This isn't going to end well."
....and it didn't.
That's when I stopped donating to 'blown engine' funds.
When I blew up the oil pump in my Marauder, and toasted the engine....(my fault, drag racing with a bunch of bolt-on mods and without a dyno tune)
I didn't think for ONE second about asking MM.net members for contributions in fixing MY problem.

There is a BIG difference between 'being down on your luck' and creating your own problems.

You have a 10 year track record of being irresponsible with the car, and it will never change.

My 2 cents:

Dom,
The reason I keep busting your chops is because you refuse to learn anything about repairing cars....specifically your Marauder and even your Blazer.
I understand that you have other "more important things" to worry about......
But you continue to beat on, and break your primary means of transportation, and you continually whine and ask for help fixing it.

I keep saying to myself: "Why doesn't Dom take better care of his car and LEARN HOW TO FIX IT!?!?"

I would be completely embarrassed and ashamed to take any members help/donation/generosity if I were you.
You should take better care of your car AND start learning how to fix a motor vehicle!

If you refuse to learn how to fix a car, then get rid of your DD 200,000 mile beater and buy a low mile Toyota.

fastblackmerc
05-27-2014, 07:44 AM
+1 this...

"I would be completely embarrassed and ashamed to take any members help/donation/generosity"

Zack
05-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Joe Walsh----->. Dead ringer
FBM------->dead ringer

lji372
05-27-2014, 08:03 AM
can this end

PLEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!

Joe Walsh
05-27-2014, 08:11 AM
can this end

PLEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!

Nope...:shake:
.......I don't think it will ever change....or end.

massacre
05-27-2014, 08:13 AM
I feel like I am on CVN with all of this drama. Another 3 page waste of bandwidth.

lji372
05-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Nope...:shake:
.......I don't think it will ever change....or end.

:lol: truth

how about a temporary stay of execution?

TooManyFords
05-27-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm helping Dom out because my friendship is unconditional.

prchrman
05-27-2014, 08:18 AM
enablers..

Motorhead350
05-27-2014, 08:19 AM
*yawn

I have not beat on my car in about 2 years.

Pride is not important when it comes to opportunity.

Learning how to fix a car is fine, but not the highest of importance. My time and money is spent on other things... especially my time. Another car is what I was searching for when I thought there was an issue.

You guys make me smile. Everyone is upset the car will keep running.

Zack congratulations, its nice to see a Bob Vila we can all bring home! I have a relationship as good as yours too. My Becky will not only tell me to fix the car instead of buy her shoes, she will help me. You don't wanna know about the things we do after we are covered in oil.

Lots of people with secrets on this board and love to kick people when they are down. It doesn't matter what i did then, what matters is what i do now. No one wants to look at the now.

Lol you guys crack me up.

jwibbity
05-27-2014, 08:25 AM
so much :bs:in one thread!!!

:popcorn:
:popcorn:

Joe Walsh
05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
enablers..

LMAO...I didn't want to use the term...but so true!

My stepsons would use me as there 'live-in' mechanic to repair the MANY things that they did, or didn't do, to their cars.
I grew tired of fixing their problems and their total lack of interest in maintaining and repairing cars.
I refused to fix their cars anymore...... and the first $400 brake job/master cylinder repair that a local shop charged one of them, got their total attention.
You should see how well they maintain their cars now!!
Now....Their cars look and run great; get their oil, coolant, tire pressures checked regularly; seldom have any problems, and whatever does start to go wrong gets quickly taken care of.
Imagine that!

Joe Walsh
05-27-2014, 08:49 AM
*yawn

I have not beat on my car in about 2 years.

Uhhhmmmmm.....yeah....sure.... . whatever you say.

Pride is not important when it comes to opportunity.

I believe that is line from the movie: "The Grifters"

Learning how to fix a car is fine, but not the highest of importance. My time and money is spent on other things... especially my time. Another car is what I was searching for when I thought there was an issue.

You guys make me smile. Everyone is upset the car will keep running.

Zack congratulations, its nice to see a Bob Vila we can all bring home! I have a relationship as good as yours too. My Becky will not only tell me to fix the car instead of buy her shoes, she will help me. You don't wanna know about the things we do after we are covered in oil.

Lots of people with secrets on this board and love to kick people when they are down.

Dom, that seems to be the perennial position with you and your Marauder.

It doesn't matter what i did then,

Uhmmmmm....yeah it does matter, because you never learn.

what matters is what i do now.
No one wants to look at the now.

I am looking at the now.....you are, once again, having members help you fix your broken Marauder.
Nothing new happening now.

Lol you guys crack me up.

Glad we can add a little humor to your day!

Motorhead350
05-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Honestly, I scrolled to the bottom. I am not even reading anymore. Feel free to lock it.

jwibbity
05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
LMAO...I didn't want to use the term...but so true!

My stepsons would use me as there 'live-in' mechanic to repair the MANY things that they did, or didn't do, to their cars.
I grew tired of fixing their problems and their total lack of interest in repairing cars.
I refused to fix their cars anymore...... and the first $400 brake job/master cylinder repair that a local shop charged one of them, got their total attention.
You should see how well they maintain their cars now!!
Now....Their cars look and run great; get their oil, coolant, tire pressures checked regularly; seldom have any problems, and whatever does start to go wrong gets quickly taken care of!

+1
this is what everybody is tryna get him to do, but only this happens:argue: and :tmi:, then more of :burnout: and :burn:, then :help:

gdsqdcr
05-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Dom admits he will not listen. He admits that he is not going to learn how to fix his car. He does not recognize that HIS actions caused his current dilemma. ... and he still is given free stuff. He likes to attack Zack, not sure why when that is the hand that cared for him for a LONG time. He failed to meet the minor stipulations that Marauderthis imposed on him. And people are upset that some people do not want to donate to Dom's money pit.

I applaud those that are helping him, but I do have to wonder if his behavior is being enabled by some of the members on this board.

kernie
05-27-2014, 09:38 AM
You mad bro?

This shows your true stuff.

+1 this...

"I would be completely embarrassed and ashamed to take any members help/donation/generosity"

+1

enablers..

+1

I applaud those that are helping him, but I do have to wonder if his behavior is being enabled by some of the members on this board.

+1

Is there a charity more deserving?

Is there a charity that isn't more deserving?

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/OrangesofDeath84/Funny/ThisThreadGaveMeCancer.jpg

lji372
05-27-2014, 09:59 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

martyo
05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/OrangesofDeath84/Funny/ThisThreadGaveMeCancer.jpg

This post is loaded with win!!!

Joe Walsh
05-27-2014, 10:06 AM

This post is loaded with win!!!

LOL.....

Does this thread have the same effect on you as Kryptonite has on Superman?

jwibbity
05-27-2014, 10:17 AM

:lol: :lol:

MM03MOK
05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
I think the topic has been well-covered. This is really business between Marauderthis and Dom. Not sure why it had to be aired publicly, but so be it. Pro or con, right or wrong....let's move on.