PDA

View Full Version : police chase ak47

slickster
05-26-2014, 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi7wsPyRMXM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Spectragod
05-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Should be titled "why to not buy a used police car"..........

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-26-2014, 11:39 AM
@ 15:10 :eek:

camelgrundle
05-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Wow those Leo's are lucky following that close. I loved the part of the cop taking the lead blowing a tire and spinning across the dash cam! Crazy stuff! Hopefully all are ok except for the perp.

MOTOWN
05-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Should be titled "why to not buy a used police car"..........

I was thinking the same thing!:D

bill64
05-26-2014, 05:11 PM
The driver of the dodge was better at driving than the police for sure, police should have called it off even with shots being fired , way too much time and risk involved...like the brake down lane's and all the intersections at a high rate of speed. Not to swift. Im not trying to pick on the police... but they have to use some judgment before putting others at risk, bty, I have family in law enforcement so im not trying to pick on anyone, just saying it as I seen it

lji372
05-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Disagree on calling off a chase when shots are fired, especially an automatic. Your kidding right?
Maybe they could have spent that time writing rolling stop and speeding tickets :dunno:
I will agree 20 minutes to stop this idiot was too long. But it's easy to Monday-morning quarterback any situation.

MOTOWN
05-27-2014, 08:49 AM
The driver of the dodge was better at driving than the police for sure, police should have called it off even with shots being fired , way too much time and risk involved...like the brake down lane's and all the intersections at a high rate of speed. Not to swift. Im not trying to pick on the police... but they have to use some judgment before putting others at risk, bty, I have family in law enforcement so im not trying to pick on anyone, just saying it as I seen it

This is such a foolish statement! let someone go who has clearly shown they are a direct threat to society!

No you do not call off the pursuit, you chase until he is in custody and unable to harm anyone, or fire at a marked police car, and potentially murder someone!

And the "i have family in law enforcement" is so lame! i have family that are pilots, but have no idea of how to fly a plane!

jwibbity
05-27-2014, 08:52 AM
I was thinking the same thing!:D

when they went threw that grass and dirt, i was like f***k no, im never buying a crown vic ever!!

bill64
05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
This is such a foolish statement! let someone go who has clearly shown they are a direct threat to society!

No you do not call off the pursuit, you chase until he is in custody and unable to harm anyone, or fire at a marked police car, and potentially murder someone!

And the "i have family in law enforcement" is so lame! i have family that are pilots, but have no idea of how to fly a plane!

Allright I stand corrected on that, Reason being because of the firearm. I do know for a fact that a lot of police dept.s call off high speed chases now days...liability. My statement of having family members in the police dept was not to say I know a hell of a lot about police work, however I do have knowledge of the inner workings of a couple police dept.s around here, and they absolutely call off high speed chases, maybe not one like the video however.

jwibbity
05-27-2014, 11:56 AM
they didnt seem as though they were going that fast compared to the traffic around them, 90 maybe 100 tops

CWright
05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
In Georgia only the Georgia State Patrol has immunity when chasing. All other precincts can give chase if one of the following are committed.

7 Deadly's

1. Murder
2. Rape
3. Armed robbery (with a firearm)
4. Aggravated child molestation
5. Aggravated sodomy
6. Aggravated sexual battery
7. Voluntary manslaughter.

bill64
05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
In Georgia only the Georgia State Patrol has immunity when chasing. All other precincts can give chase if one of the following are committed.

7 Deadly's

1. Murder
2. Rape
3. Armed robbery (with a firearm)
4. Aggravated child molestation
5. Aggravated sodomy
6. Aggravated sexual battery
7. Voluntary manslaughter.

Where I live it is the officer's discretion as to whether continue the chase.
Just last week a officer on patrol was tipped off that a gang banger with a warrant for his arrest got into his car with a hand gun, the cruiser found him but the guy did not stop. The cruiser chased him on a secondary highway into the next town, but he called off the chase due to excessive speed. The guy got away, however no one was killed in a car accident.

camelgrundle
05-27-2014, 09:58 PM
A officer always has discretion. The rules apply if he keeps going! The complaint of someone getting in a car and driving off is just hearsay so to call that off was a good idea. It's not like your going to get a supporting deposition before a car chase lol. You might be able to tell what I do.

slickster
10-14-2014, 12:53 PM
The smart thing would have been having a helicopter follow it while the police follow way back they had more than enough time to have a helicopter catch up with it

Geewez
10-14-2014, 07:00 PM
It would be nice to have air support and have a helicopter available 24/7 but that's not the case in real life. Most agencies don't have helicopters because of budget or size of the department.

cat in the hat
10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Being able to drive for 20 minutes, without spending 10 of them stopped in traffic or construction, would be a real treat around here . . . .

Mr. Man
10-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Being able to drive for 20 minutes, without spending 10 of them stopped at a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts would be a real treat around here . . . .Fixed...:P ;)

cat in the hat
10-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Being able to drive for 20 minutes, without spending 10 of them stopped at a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin' Donuts, would be a real treat around here . . . .

Fixed...:P ;)

If I could get a 5¢ deposit back on the empty Dunkin' Donut cups on the floor of my car, I could buy a CTR-v ! :D

slickster
10-15-2014, 09:05 PM
F that bullets flying everywhere are better

345HP87SSAC
10-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Not great LEO driving there. Should not be passing civilian vehicles on the right shoulder at that speed and past guardrails. My department would destroy one of us for that.

DEFYANT
10-16-2014, 08:37 AM
It sounded like they were looking for that car from a previous incident. Air support would've been nice, but might not have been an option. Once shots are fired, it's on for real. A traffic violation is one thing. But once the bad guy starts shooting an automatic weapon endangering everyone and committing attempted murder of a police officer, police are obligated to stop this!

slickster
10-16-2014, 11:26 AM
but school zones are cancelled. What if kids we're in one of those civilian vehicles?

DEFYANT
10-16-2014, 04:54 PM
but school zones are cancelled. What if kids we're in one of those civilian vehicles?

What if..... IF we all lived in the fear of "What if......", we'd never leave the safety of our homes. Until that moron in the Magnum showes up with his AK47!

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

slickster
10-16-2014, 05:24 PM
I guess the school zones law is bs

MOTOWN
10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
It sounded like they were looking for that car from a previous incident. Air support would've been nice, but might not have been an option. Once shots are fired, it's on for real. A traffic violation is one thing. But once the bad guy starts shooting an automatic weapon endangering everyone and committing attempted murder of a police officer, police are obligated to stop this!

Best post yet period!:bows:

DEFYANT
10-16-2014, 06:56 PM
I guess the school zones law is bs

Im sure the madman in the Magnum was issued the proper citation.

Motorhead350
10-17-2014, 07:29 PM
What was the Dodge drivers motivation?

No one should ever shoot at the police. Ever. Whatever lead the driver of that Dodge to come to that point in his life was his own doing.