PDA

View Full Version : Lidio dips to 11.8

Hack Goby
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Just got back from Milan were Lidio dipped down to the 11.8s,Dave dipped into the 12.20s and the slick Crown Vic ran 15.70 WOO HOO!!!!! I will let those guys tell there own stories, but it was fun.

woaface
04-10-2004, 12:34 PM
That's even with a Ford GT if you ask Motor Trend...

dwasson
04-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Wow, 4200 lbs of iron getting down the strip like that is definatly doing something.

jgc61sr2002
04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Way to go. :up: That is a fantastic time. :beer:

MarauderMark
04-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Way to go. :up: That is a fantastic time. :beer:

Yes very impresive!!!! :up:

MikesMerc
04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Great Job guys :up: Those are some incredible times.

I'm looking forward to getting my Trilogy blown 2004 to the track soon.

BlackHole
04-10-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm sure this isn't good enough..................Never is. :rock: :rock: :up:

teamrope
04-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Way to go Lidio! I can't wait to see you run at Indy :banana:

MI2QWK4U
04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I finally got a chance to sit down and look at my fistfull of timeslips. I apparently made a couple more runs than I thought I did. It would appear that traction is still a problem. I have reason to believe that I hurt the posi earlier this year on a bad burnout. I had a hard time getting the tires warmed up this morning as a result. I had been planning a rock solid posi upgrade that should solve this problem. Anyway, I just wanted to post the highlights real quick, I will post specifics later when I get time. My reaction times got better through the day, best was .595 and worst of 1.688 when I fell asleep lined up next to Hack Goby, I think Paul had to honk his horn to get me going! With traction being an issue, my 60' times were less than stellar, except when I got a decent burnout and they sprayed the traction fluid on the track. They were around the 2.0 mark for the most part, save for 2 or 3 really good runs where I got down to 1.8 and 1.9. My new best time is 12.23 sec. Other good runs were 12.35, 12.42, 12.45, and a whole bunch of 12.5s. Top speeds were very consistant, basically all in the 110-111 mph range with a best of 112.3 mph. I think those are good results for crappy 60' times with poor hookup. I don't think I have seen the best number from this car yet, a little tweaking and some traction will help out.

Lidio has his stuff together big time. Besides his skill behind the wheel, he got some great times out of that beast. Its going to be a great summer....

jgc61sr2002
04-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Congrats - Low 12's you'll be in the high 11's if you keep that up. :up: :beer:

TAF
04-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Way to GO, Dave!!!:bows: :up:

And Lidio keeps movin down the timescale!!! :banana:

Lidio
04-11-2004, 06:57 AM
Hey guys

This is about all she’s got in it I think for now. The conditions where very good this past Saturday morning, if not almost perfect. My MM ran its best…. 11.86 at just under 114mph. The sixty foot on only this run was 1.71 and the rest of the morning they hovered around 1.75 to 1.85s. The traction varied and I experiment with different launch tequntiques too. It ran several 11.90s – 12.00’s.

One thing I think I learned though was locking the converter in 3rd looks like it might have hurt my over all ET and MPH a little bit. My MM should have gone at least 114+ mph like it did a week ago at the track when the converter was not set up to lock-up at all.
But yesterday it did lock-up. I’ve learned in the past that if you lock it up at the right time in 3rd gear shortly after the 2-3 shift occurs, it can lower the ET and raise the MPH as well.
I’ve even locked it in the middle of 2nd gear on some race cars and left it locked through the rest of the run and shift right into 3rd with it still locked. But this was proven to be very abusive to the AOD’s and tended to some times really bog down the motors.

Any way I thought I had the lock-up hapening at the right time on the street while testing but it turned out to be locking to early and almost immediately after the 2-3 shift kind of bogging it down while at the track racing it. I wanted to raise the lock-up time or shut it off completely like I would usually do with my software when tweaking, but my laptop’s parallel port started crashing the system when I would try to burn a chip a day earlier so I used a secondary desktop PC that’s used with my Dyno to burn chips the night before. Basically I could do/tweak any thing at the track with my computer normally, but I was stuck with the couple of programs in my chip and that was it.

Although the 11.86 it ran is nothing to sneeze at, and it’s a personal best for me. I think with the conditions we had and the converter lock-up “off” or figured out I would have seen my predicted 11.78 but I’m not taking for granted how cool the 11.86 is and how good high 11’s in general really is for this much American iron going down the track.

I’ve said in other posts… this is about it for my personal MM. (I know, I know) I’m not raising the boost any more then the 13.7ish it’s at right now nor am I gona change any other real hard parts in the near future. Its ability to take the kids to school and truly drive it every day is uncompromised and I intend to leave it that way. The only thing that will make it pick up some will be the little shot of NOS on top of the boost when I figure out a better pump in the tank very soon.

Congrats Dave on your very low 12 second ET with your ride…. We need to hit Woodward Ave together this summer.

Thanks

MI2QWK4U
04-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Congrats Dave on your very low 12 second ET with your ride…. We need to hit Woodward Ave together this summer.

Thanks Lid, means a lot coming from you. I know I have a LOT to learn from someone like you with years of experience at the strip, I couldnt have a better teacher and friend. Although beyond the stock Trilogy setup, Lidio has to take full credit for tuning it, deciding which mods will yield the most and retain the daily drivability. I feel the same as Lidio on the major mods dept, my car is pretty much done as it stands for major mods. I am happy with the 440 RWHP its laying down, other than trying to improve traction and launching at the strip, I am very very pleased with the low 12.2s at the strip, all without rebuilding or replacing the motor and half of the car along with it. The strip is fun, but I still love the street, and what I have now is a very capable street car that just wont quit. For all of you that want a nice solid 12 second car, consider this approach. For just about $ 8,000 total, I have built a low 12 second car, counting mods that contribute to performance, such as the Trilogy kit, Pro-M MAF & Filterpak, Magna-Flow exhaust system, and widened rims with Nittos. And with Lidio tuning it, there is the finished result. Judge for yourself.

bigslim
04-11-2004, 01:27 PM
You guys are such show-offs. All I can is way to go guys. Gotta love this Motor City Crew. Congrats to Lidio and our Prez Dave.

MI2QWK4U
04-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I'll tell you Darryl, it is more fun than showin. I can't help it that car is so damn fast! I miss the time sheet page. The problem is there aren't a lot of people running their Marauders at the strip and posting results. There are quite a few supercharged or built Marauders out there, but not a lot out there running them at the track. As far as I know, Lidio's 11.86 1/4 mile is the fastest that I am aware of, and my 12.23 1/4 mile might be good enough for second. I personally hope to lock horns for some old fashioned tire melting 1/4 mile runs. There are a LOT of fast Marauders out there, lets get them out and running so we can post the results and let them Impala guys know we are for real! I am really hoping that some midwest owners consider going to the Smackdown at Norwalk on Friday, May 21. I understand this is the weekend of Barry's BBQ weekend...mmmmmmmm...interesti ng...

bigslim
04-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Somebody say BBQ? Racing may not get me there but a good old BBQ will.

89lxbill
04-12-2004, 02:15 AM
I'll tell you Darryl, it is more fun than showin. I can't help it that car is so damn fast! I miss the time sheet page. The problem is there aren't a lot of people running their Marauders at the strip and posting results. There are quite a few supercharged or built Marauders out there, but not a lot out there running them at the track. As far as I know, Lidio's 11.86 1/4 mile is the fastest that I am aware of, and my 12.23 1/4 mile might be good enough for second. I personally hope to lock horns for some old fashioned tire melting 1/4 mile runs. There are a LOT of fast Marauders out there, lets get them out and running so we can post the results and let them Impala guys know we are for real! I am really hoping that some midwest owners consider going to the Smackdown at Norwalk on Friday, May 21. I understand this is the weekend of Barry's BBQ weekend...mmmmmmmm...interesti ng...

12.39 @ 112 is the fastest that Bill Hall's car in VA has run. That is on 9.5lbs of boost. I think his is #12. It says #18 under the hood, but he told me that they said it was the 18th conversion total they did in 2003. I am not sure abt how that works. He doesn't post because he is not from the computer era :) so he does not own one. We always run at Virginia Motorsports Park and Hertford, NC.

MI2QWK4U
04-12-2004, 03:26 AM
12.39 @ 112 is the fastest that Bill Hall's car in VA has run. That is on 9.5lbs of boost. I think his is #12. It says #18 under the hood, but he told me that they said it was the 18th conversion total they did in 2003. I am not sure abt how that works. He doesn't post because he is not from the computer era :) so he does not own one. We always run at Virginia Motorsports Park and Hertford, NC.

Sweet! Nice to hear about other guys cars.

Ross
04-12-2004, 07:11 AM
And the hits just keep coming! Way to go! :up:

kurly
04-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey guys

This is about all she’s got in it I think for now. The conditions where very good this past Saturday morning, if not almost perfect. My MM ran its best…. 11.86 at just under 114mph. The sixty foot on only this run was 1.71 and the rest of the morning they hovered around 1.75 to 1.85s. The traction varied and I experiment with different launch tequntiques too. It ran several 11.90s – 12.00’s.

Thanks

Awesome! We are very proud of you !!! :bounce: