PDA

View Full Version : Gettin’ Things Done

jabird56
06-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Well we left MD for FL on Friday the 25th of April and arrived on Sunday the 27th.

The movers took 2 full days to pack us up, and then the load crew took 12 hours to perform their 3D choreography of packing the entire 53ft moving van.

We had friends and family fly in from Omaha and Colorado, to help convoy all of our vehicles down to FL. We had made reservations for all of us at a campground in the southern part of NC, and fun was had by all for a “short” weekend of camping. On Sunday we departed and made our way down the remainder of the way to the new FL house. On Monday the 28th we did the punch-out walk-thru and took formal control of the house. And for the remainder of the day we heading over to Daytona Beach, since the wife’s nephew (being from the Denver area) had NEVER seen the ocean. Needless to say he had a blast.

On Tuesday a local friend of ours took our visitors back to the airport for their departure back to their respective cities,…we were busy with the moving van unloading us this day.

We had the furniture moved into the house, while all of the boxes were put into the center and right garage bays. Both of these bays were FULL, floor to ceiling. We now have 90+ percent of the boxes unloaded and the stuff stashed in the house, with the remaining boxes to be dealt with over the next few weeks.

The first week we had to live in the 5th wheel (inside of its bay), while we looked for all of the bedroom linens; the packers put them in not one box...but 7 DIFFERENT boxes. Luckily we designed the RV garage bay for just such the task, with full hook-ups (power, water, septic, cable, etc). With vent windows open the garage supported the camper and its 2 on-board air conditioners without issue.

It was the beginning of last week that we had made enough headway with unloading boxes, that we were able to put the King Ranch and the Marauder into their garage bays.

We even designed an RV side pad for visiting friends if they come through with their RVs

It is nice being located out in the country and yet a hour from either coast and just over an hour to the Orlando area.

Enclosed are just a few photos of the new house. Anybody interested buying a brick home in southern MD?

Enough for now.

RubberCtyRauder
06-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Awesome oasis!!!!!!!

camelgrundle
06-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Beautiful man! Sufficient garage space lol.

Bigdogjim
06-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Turned out A-OK! Nice planning:up:

Glad the move went smooth:)

Enjoy the digs.

Cobra25
06-08-2014, 11:46 AM
That is one nice home . Congrats & I wish you many years of happiness their.

MOTOWN
06-08-2014, 12:54 PM
You sir are the man! i likey!

slickster
06-08-2014, 01:19 PM
sweet palce enjoy.......

Ms. Denmark
06-08-2014, 04:15 PM

jabird56
06-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Did I mention there is an air conditioned Man Cave behind the King Ranch garage bay....

Ms. Denmark
06-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Did I mention there is an air conditioned Man Cave behind the King Ranch garage bay.........killing us.......:D

lji372
06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
You forgot to mention when we sign up for who comes what week for vacation :lol:

Very cool, congrats :bows:

sflrainmaker01
06-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Did I mention there is an air conditioned Man Cave behind the King Ranch garage bay....

Sweet Place!! Love the garage space!! ;)

Man Cave? Need Pics!!!

Is there an upstairs over the garage?

rayjay
06-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Outstanding job! Congrats and enjoy. :banana2:

jabird56
06-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Sweet Place!! Love the garage space!! ;)

Man Cave? Need Pics!!!

Is there an upstairs over the garage?

Just an attic over the garage.

Inner house was first priority, then the garage. I'm taking my time putting the Man Cave together, but will post pics when done. Surround Sound is definitely part of the equation here, and it WILL be done properly. :)

martyo
06-16-2014, 03:57 AM
Moving is tough! Glad it is over for you!

Bluerauder
06-16-2014, 04:30 AM
That is darn nice Jay. Congrats on the new place. Looks terrific. Glad everything on the move is coming together well. :up:

CWright
06-16-2014, 04:33 AM
That is a NICE place and ditto on the planning! Great Job! Hope you guys enjoy your retirement........:beer: