PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft/frcd lube 411?

EDKGRK
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I have an early 2003 mm, I'm looking to get a dyno tech driveshaft and was a little unclear on some things, even after research I'm still not 100%... Maybe someone can help
Okay, is the 6061 ds shorter to the effect I need to check the longer tail shaft box in the oval forced lube kit? and being an early 2003 do I need the the speedo hole or no?

Zack
06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
The forced tailshaft lube mod is a complete waste of money.

EDKGRK
06-10-2014, 10:10 AM
because it can be fabed easy or because its not really needed? is the dynotech driveshaft shorter or is it a direct replacement?

Zack
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
because it can be fabed easy or because its not really needed? is the dynotech driveshaft shorter or is it a direct replacement?

Its not needed IMHO.

There are a zillion panthers on the street and failed tailshaft bushings are never heard of.
None of my many Marauders has ever worn one out.

And yes the dynotech is a direct replacement.

Usually its cheaper to have a local shop build you one.

martyo
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
The forced tailshaft lube mod is a complete waste of money.

[sarcastic font]It's really good for the seals too. [/sarcastic font]

EDKGRK
06-10-2014, 10:53 AM
I had it s/c'ed and 410s installed and I'm trying to avoid this vibration people are talking about.
I will be driving pretty fast I'm thinking and I hate bad vibes.
Since the car is at the shop waiting for a base tune, thought I would get the driveshaft movement moving. thanks Zack any help is cool

fastblackmerc
06-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I had it s/c'ed and 410s installed and I'm trying to avoid this vibration people are talking about.
I will be driving pretty fast I'm thinking and I hate bad vibes.
Since the car is at the shop waiting for a base tune, thought I would get the driveshaft movement moving. thanks Zack any help is cool

Do you get any vibrations now? If not your OK.
The forced lube will not help if you have any vibration.
Do you travel at 100+ MPH for long periods of time?

EDKGRK
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I haven't had it back sc'ed or with gears yet, or driven fast in it, ever, for that matter.
Im going to go to track and race it,(and drv it) from what people are saying 100mph and vibration will be noticed with gears.
I probably won't set the cruise on 100 but 110 touch and go type stuff I'm thinking.
Well I guess I'll wait and see functionality when I get it back, looking for solidity, I hate vibration of any sort, it'll make my stomach turn

J-MAN
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
The forced lube mod encourages leaks.

fastblackmerc
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I haven't had it back sc'ed or with gears yet, or driven fast in it, ever, for that matter.
Im going to go to track and race it,(and drv it) from what people are saying 100mph and vibration will be noticed with gears.
I probably won't set the cruise on 100 but 110 touch and go type stuff I'm thinking.
Well I guess I'll wait and see functionality when I get it back, looking for solidity, I hate vibration of any sort, it'll make my stomach turn

I had mine at 120 on the Charlotte Motor Speedway for 3 laps... no vibrations, no S/C'd but I do have 4.10's.

I'd get new u-joints and the driveshaft high speed balanced.

fastblackmerc
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
The forced lube mod encourages leaks.

Correction... the forced lube mod WILL leak.