PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint Removal ??????

MarauderCyclone
06-14-2014, 09:46 PM
My 2003 MM has aftermarket tint , the previous owner whom had it installed , must have been a fanatic about using the rear defrost past a necessary point.

The rear glass has the tell-tale bubbling taking place and the drivers side passenger glass has a nice scratch in it , that detracts from the cars looks.

I stopped by a local window tint shop that I have used on past vehicles without any complaints thus far. I asked them what would he charge to Remove and Replace the tint? He said he'd have to look at it first. He was afraid to give me a straight answer due in part to whatever damage make take place to the rear defrost lines.

I have never had any dealings with Tint Removal or replacement of the rear defrost coils? ( Don't know what to call them?) Any insights you all might have would be deeply appreciated.

Your Friendly Nieghborhood ,
MarauderCyclone
:help:

whitey
06-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Its easy to remove tint. Simply cut it with a razor in the corner, heat it with a hair drier, and peel it away. Tint shops make it sound hard and a precise process just to get your money. As long as you dont cut the defroster lines with the razor blade, you should be fine. I untinted my whole car in about 30 minutes my first time. Rubbing Alcohol to get up any leftover glue on the glass.

RubberCtyRauder
06-15-2014, 05:19 AM
handheld steamer works good too