PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Marauder or CTS-V

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 07:43 AM
I have been wanting a 09 or newer CTS-V for sometime now and the wife has always said not practial. As of yesterday, she had said if I were to get rid of both my Trilogy Marauder and sell my SUV(which is nothing special Santa Fe) that I could get the V. Problem is the V would be a daily driver(bad problem to have!!) What are your thoughts, the Trilogy car is an awesome toy so I am not sure on what to do.

JBeezy
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
That's a tough decision to make especially with the CTS being the daily driver. I'd love to have a CTS-V but not at the price of getting rid of my marauder. That's not an option for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

kariamack
06-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Cts v all day

Ozark Marauder
06-23-2014, 07:57 AM
If you got the money.....buy it. Then take your wife for a romantic weekend getaway in it.......Have fun!

OZ

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Money is not the issue, it's going from having another toy(marauder) in the garage to a daily cts-v and getting rid of my suv. The wifes point is that we already have toys in the garage that don't get driven, fox mustang, fairmont wagon, miata, and at the moment two marauders. One of the marauders is already for sale.

soultosoul13
06-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Cts v all day

+1 million

Ozark Marauder
06-23-2014, 08:18 AM
If it's not money.....You can't have too many toys! .........Put your pants on, and just buy it, one of the others will sell soon enough.......

OZ

RubberCtyRauder
06-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Your trilogy Marauder would sell prolly pretty easy if kept pricing similiar. The cts-v is pretty bad azz..recaro seats heated and cooled, brembo brakes, get a cts-v wagon....combining the fun of your trilogy but up in power/handling with the suv. I couldn't afford a cts-v so my Trilogy is staying for now.

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM
If I sell the trilogy car, it will be priced like the others. I won't be giving it away. And the cts-v would probably be a wagon. We will see, might enjoy the marauder for a little while.

massacre
06-23-2014, 09:10 AM
My in-laws daily drive a new CTS-V in MA and they do OK. Only problem they had so far was when it was snowing like crazy and they couldn't make it up the hill(pretty big hill) to their house so they had to park and walk up the hill.
Other than that they haven't had any issues.

hotford
06-23-2014, 09:19 AM
tough choice, I have a Twin Screw trilogy and love it although the CTS-V is awesome car,has everything the marauder didnt get from the factory.... the V will cost ya even if its a 09 model year,potential is their for 600 rwhp with little upgrades........

Zack
06-23-2014, 09:58 AM
The biggest problem is that you need permission from your wife.

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-23-2014, 10:23 AM
CTS-V with a manual.

lji372
06-23-2014, 10:23 AM

there are worse problems to have.

your just jealous becky hasn't asked you to marry her yet :P

i'm glad my wife and i are not always on the same page. if she let me have my way i'd probably be in jail :dunno:

Mr. Man
06-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Because the Caddy is newer it has many advantages over the MM but here's my take. I have driven both styles that were basically stock as far as S/Cing goes. They both had similar acceleration feeling, Caddy had better road holding abilities and much more interior goodies to play with. The MM is much roomier and thats a big plus if your tall or bigger than average. On a long trip I'd prefer the MM as I feel the room and ride would be beneficial. Romping around town and looking for more ways to mod, the Caddy would be a good choice. Not sure of your situation but is the MM paid for and would the Caddy require payments? This may or may not matter.

Like the peeps above have said "tough choice"

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 10:30 AM

I pretty much get what ever I want. But she is the logic in my madness. If I were to buy everything that I wanted, would have a shop double the size with twice as many toys. Instead, her pushing back on some things made us free and clear on everything we own.

JBeezy
06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
With that being said, I agree with the others. Buy the CTS-V and don't forget to post pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RR|Suki
06-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Not even a comparison, CTS-V is in a different class, get one and enjoy the awesomeness.

MOTOWN
06-23-2014, 12:06 PM
There is absolutely no comparison whatsoeva! a CTS V is so much more car than any Marauder, lets be clear the V is a 4 door terror! been looking at the sedans my self!

Yeah im biased to the 4 door model.

Granddaddy Marq
06-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Money is not the issue, it's going from having another toy(marauder) in the garage to a daily cts-v and getting rid of my suv. The wifes point is that we already have toys in the garage that don't get driven, fox mustang, fairmont wagon, miata, and at the moment two marauders. One of the marauders is already for sale.

You have a Miata! NO BRAINER that toy can go. Maybe buy a new tire for the V with the money.

RF Overlord
06-23-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm taking the other tack...keep the Trilogy.

While the CTS-V may be a wonderful driving machine, it's kinda ugly...the front looks like a snow plow. Plus it's the American version of a BMW or Mercedes: any rich nitwit can own one, but a Trilogy is almost one-of-a-kind.

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 01:33 PM
You have a Miata! NO BRAINER that toy can go. Maybe buy a new tire for the V with the money.

The miata is her's and supercharged. It will not be sold.

Granddaddy Marq
06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
The miata is her's and supercharged. It will not be sold.

I meant to say, "If that Miada don't have a small block V8 or something like that, and not owned by your wife sell it."

silvermm254
06-23-2014, 02:16 PM
CTS-V with a manual.

this would be icing on the cake and a done deal for me.

Spectragod
06-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Get rid of wife...... and Miata, buy what you want.........

blkZooM
06-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Get the V and do not look back. Unless you have a trilogy marauder that has been heavily modded its in my opinion not a debate. Those cars can handle a lot, lots of people are making massive power on a stock bottom end. Those cars in my eyes are like the 03-04 cobras of the sedan world port, pulley e85 and have fun compared to the marauder built motor, built transmission new fuel system etc

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 03:31 PM
I know it is a superior car to the marauder and not even in the same class. My issue will be driving it everyday to now the marauder stays nice since it is a toy. Might just wait another year so wagon prices come down a little

MOTOWN
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
I know it is a superior car to the marauder and not even in the same class. My issue will be driving it everyday to now the marauder stays nice since it is a toy. Might just wait another year so wagon prices come down a little

Your going to be waiting much longer than a year! the prices on the CTS V , and the Z06 Vette are extremely stable, and wont be taking a major dip anytime soon! after all these are 65K +new cars!

Ive been watching both very close, and would buy either if a deal of the century comes along.

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Really won't spend over 45 for one. An if the right deal comes around I will buy. The sedans you can find under that

MOTOWN
06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Really won't spend over 45 for one. An if the right deal comes around I will buy. The sedans you can find under that

Your in the right ball park budget wise, just a matter of finding the right one for you.

BigCars4Ever
06-23-2014, 03:59 PM
If you get the V don't get rid of the SantaFe. Your going to need it while the V is in the shop and the few friends that I know that have a V have theirs in the shop a lot. I have one friend that has had the valves in the head go bad 3 times now. Different valves every time. He also has had problems with the tranny not shifting into first when he comes to a stop unless he puts it in second first. This has nothing to do with the skip shift feature. This is a manual 6 speed. Another that has a newer Supercharged V has had transmission problems since the day he brought it home and has had the rear end replaced already. The other seems to only have electrical gremlins but he had to stop the car and get out once because the smoke got so bad. Something to do with the AC computer.

Spectragod
06-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Unless you have a trilogy marauder that has been heavily modded...... lots of people are making massive power

Help me here, can you define "heavily modded" and "massive power"? :D

justbob
06-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Cts v all day

This. The V is four times the Trilogy MM in refinement.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

RubberCtyRauder
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Keep the N/A Marauder. Sell the trilogy and Sante fe. DAily the na marauder with just a tune and other little mods you have

bigcowl-imp
06-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Whats in the fox Mustang ?

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Basically a done up 93 cobra motor, 04 cobra brakes and some other cram. Lideo built the engine back in 93. Originally from Livonia, I remember your impala from telegraph

J-MAN
06-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Turn in your man card! Sheesh....:bigcry:

chief455
06-23-2014, 09:47 PM
1.) muscle car:
intended to be fast
modified and fun
more rare the better
not practical in civilian use
will appreciate or maintain it's value
treated with love and passion
2.) daily driver:
intended to be reliable and efficient
stock for ease/cost of maintenance
common type to not fear replacing it
practical in civilian use
known to depreciate with use and age
treated as an object to be used

Your decision is based on a contradiction = can't have both in the same vehicle.

svtrichie
06-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I know. Probably hold off a little while

blkZooM
06-24-2014, 04:13 AM
Help me here, can you define "heavily modded" and "massive power"? :D

A good amount of people are in the 700 whp range running low 10s on stock blocks and some are then you have the monsters with bigger blowers are even turbos close to and over 1000 now when a say heavily modded it's what ever it would take to make those numbers with a marauder both whp and track time

71cyclone
06-24-2014, 04:24 AM
Your trilogy Marauder would sell prolly pretty easy if kept pricing similiar. The cts-v is pretty bad azz..recaro seats heated and cooled, brembo brakes, get a cts-v wagon....combining the fun of your trilogy but up in power/handling with the suv. I couldn't afford a cts-v so my Trilogy is staying for now.
I am a FO MO CO Man. The CADDY is a CROSS BRED CHEVROLET [not a Bad thing] Might as well get the right body for the Motor > Corvette ... /// [Those opinions expressed here are not Necessarily those of your Management team ] have fun !!:D, at least you have good options ..

bigcowl-imp
06-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Basically a done up 93 cobra motor, 04 cobra brakes and some other cram. Lideo built the engine back in 93. Originally from Livonia, I remember your impala from telegraph

Say what....who are you ??? Did you watch me win any money back in the day ??
I miss that car big time and i been thinking of getting another one and putting my stockish carbed LS3 motor in it.......I had my 95 impala going 10;82 back then with a 150 shot.......that was back in 02 maybe ?

martyo
06-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Get rid of wife...... and Miata, buy what you want.........

Hookers and Caddies!!!!

martyo
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
The other day I was driving in downtown ATL and a fellow with a cammed CTS-V pulled up along side of me. Damn that car sounded good!!!

martyo
06-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Do want!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-6-Speed-2011-cts-v-coupe-6-speed-recaro-seats-all-options-under-warranty-cadillac-ctsv-/291170729090?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43cb20bc82&item=291170729090&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

http://img.autorevo.com/2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-addison-tx-5101750/737376-3-large.jpg

sflrainmaker01
06-24-2014, 09:55 AM
If you get the V don't get rid of the SantaFe. Your going to need it while the V is in the shop and the few friends that I know that have a V have theirs in the shop a lot. I have one friend that has had the valves in the head go bad 3 times now. Different valves every time. He also has had problems with the tranny not shifting into first when he comes to a stop unless he puts it in second first. This has nothing to do with the skip shift feature. This is a manual 6 speed. Another that has a newer Supercharged V has had transmission problems since the day he brought it home and has had the rear end replaced already. The other seems to only have electrical gremlins but he had to stop the car and get out once because the smoke got so bad. Something to do with the AC computer.

I know this wasn't part of the opening post, but, considering above, why not a SRT8 Charger or 300 SRT8? The 300 has a lot of refinements and loads of power with room for more!

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Say what....who are you ??? Did you watch me win any money back in the day ??
I miss that car big time and i been thinking of getting another one and putting my stockish carbed LS3 motor in it.......I had my 95 impala going 10;82 back then with a 150 shot.......that was back in 02 maybe ?

You impala was pretty fast. I ran around with Eric Paurazas a little(had a pretty fast mustang), worked up at Polypro indoor car wash. I had my vert then but was probably on convo pros. It is nothing fast, only went 104mph in the 1/4. Also had a friend Steve that had a Silver Marauder with spray, I had a blue 02 vette with a D1 procharger. Also on MotownMuscle.

hotford
06-24-2014, 09:56 AM

I had a problem with that ....but wasnt gonna touch that.........

martyo
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Do want!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-6-Speed-2011-cts-v-coupe-6-speed-recaro-seats-all-options-under-warranty-cadillac-ctsv-/291170729090?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43cb20bc82&item=291170729090&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

http://img.autorevo.com/2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-addison-tx-5101750/737376-3-large.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think the members of this site should get together and help me buy this.

vkirkend
06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm taking the other tack...keep the Trilogy.

While the CTS-V may be a wonderful driving machine, it's kinda ugly...the front looks like a snow plow. Plus it's the American version of a BMW or Mercedes: any rich nitwit can own one, but a Trilogy is almost one-of-a-kind.

What he said.........Looks, smiles, no comparison if you ask me.

bigcowl-imp
06-24-2014, 10:35 AM
You impala was pretty fast. I ran around with Eric Paurazas a little(had a pretty fast mustang), worked up at Polypro indoor car wash. I had my vert then but was probably on convo pros. It is nothing fast, only went 104mph in the 1/4. Also had a friend Steve that had a Silver Marauder with spray, I had a blue 02 vette with a D1 procharger. Also on MotownMuscle.

Yep i know Eric he always had the fastest Mustangs back then and he raced my brother inlaw on Plymouth rd with his AMC Rebel The Machine.......Eric and his wife was also at my house in Farmington Hills for a party...

Odinson
06-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Meh keep the marauder. I have a 13 GMC terrain. Sheet metal is like paper. You can get the CTS-V so long as your certain you'll never hit a road cone, squirrel, pine cone, small pebble, empty cup, etc.

GM needs to get real. Any car that the fender caves when an average sized man leans on it is a fail.

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-24-2014, 11:49 AM
The rear of the CTS hatchback is ugly as all hell.

Another sweet option for a daily is a 09ish C63 AMG. 450 horse all motor 6.2L V8. With some simple exhaust mods the thing is the perfect everyday sedan.

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 11:49 AM
c63's have head gasket issues I have read. And crazy expensive to fix it.

ChiTownMaraud3r
06-24-2014, 12:12 PM
c63's have head gasket issues I have read. And crazy expensive to fix it.

This is a true statement. I believe some not all had this issue, but MB corrected lifter and gasket issues on '11 model year. I've read up on some since I wanted to get one a couple months back before deciding to eaton my MM.

Spectragod
06-24-2014, 04:20 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think the members of this site should get together and help me buy this.

I almost feel sorry for you, but I have seen your house....:cool:, if I had your money, I'd stay up at night counting it...... just sayin' ;) :D

A good amount of people are in the 700 whp range running low 10s on stock blocks and some are then you have the monsters with bigger blowers are even turbos close to and over 1000 now when a say heavily modded it's what ever it would take to make those numbers with a marauder both whp and track time

In that case, mine is nearly stock.... :D

RubberCtyRauder
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM

I made/ making my contribution. Lol can't help it if you spend it on hookers and old caddies

guspech750
06-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Trilogy.

V's are a dime a dozen.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

martyo
06-24-2014, 05:58 PM
V's are a dime a dozen.

I'll give you a buck. Get me a baker's dozen and keep the change.

martyo
06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I made/ making my contribution. Lol can't help it if you spend it on hookers and old caddies

Hookers need love too!!

martyo
06-24-2014, 06:00 PM
I almost feel sorry for you, but I have seen your house....:cool:, if I had your money, I'd stay up at night counting it...... just sayin' ;) :D

Someone who lives in glass houses.... LOL!!!

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
We should have a home/garage thread. Or there probably is one

martyo
06-24-2014, 06:20 PM
We should have a home/garage thread. Or there probably is one

What if your garage is your home?

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 06:23 PM
That works for me. My wife says we bought a garage and it came with a house. But mine is know where like yours

martyo
06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
That works for me. My wife says we bought a garage and it came with a house. But mine is know where like yours

When I bought my place it was because the land had been graded and was pad ready for my shop. It was no easy feat finding a place like that that I could close on in three weeks because of the pressures of my move.

On the other hand my wife marks the days until my death on her calendar so she can move back to New York (or, civilization, as she calls it).

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
I looked for a long time too. Was just looking for land to build but was lucky to find our home now. One almost an acre with a 1600sf block shop and a 3300sf home for the wife with a 3 car attached

martyo
06-24-2014, 06:50 PM
I looked for a long time too. Was just looking for land to build but was lucky to find our home now. One almost an acre with a 1600sf block shop and a 3300sf home for the wife with a 3 car attached

That doesn't sound terrible at all!!!!!

svtrichie
06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Best thing it's paid for

martyo
06-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Best thing it's paid for

AGREED!!!!!

That is a strategy I recommend to everyone who will listen.

Debt is a killer.

LOWBUCKMM
06-29-2014, 08:39 AM
http://www.speedwayautomall.com/detail-2011-cadillac-cts~v_wagon-5dr_wgn_6_2l-used-12059245.html

I looked at this one a week or two ago. Very nice car And a wagon to boot. I just don't want car payments.

gpfarrell
07-03-2014, 09:39 AM
1.) muscle car:
intended to be fast
modified and fun
more rare the better
not practical in civilian use
will appreciate or maintain it's value
treated with love and passion
2.) daily driver:
intended to be reliable and efficient
stock for ease/cost of maintenance
common type to not fear replacing it
practical in civilian use
known to depreciate with use and age
treated as an object to be used

Your decision is based on a contradiction = can't have both in the same vehicle.

Wait, I have a car that is "intended to be fast, modified and fun, more rare the better...will appreciate or maintain it's value and treated with love and passion"... but it's also "intended to be reliable and efficient, (nearly) stock for ease/cost of maintenance, ....practical in civilian use"... and has been "
treated as an object to be used".

It is my Trilogy Marauder. I get the CTS-V is newer/better/faster. None of that makes it a better daily driver. Newer makes it more common, and frankly I rarely get all of my stock-pullied Marauder, so I'm not sure how valuable "faster" would even be. Bragging rights are fun, but having an extra $25,000 in the bank doesn't suck. Or spend a fraction of that and roast an V on the road.

I've owned (or own) BMWs, Porsches, Mustangs, etc etc... but my 4-door Mercury with the Eaton inside is the package that best does it all... and also attracts the most attention at car shows.

Change is a neat novelty, but wouldn't trade my MM for a CTS-V.