PDA

View Full Version : Going Badgeless

MarauderMark
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Well im going to go badgeless on the front and i have a couple of questions maybe ya'll can answer..

1)Should i buy 2 grills to have done .Reason=if i use my grill (19,000 miles) and the new one will it look allright due to faded color or nicks or will it not be noticable..

2)Is there a thread that i can't find that explains how to remove and reinstall the grill?

Thank you brotheren...

HwyCruiser
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Mark,

Your call on one or two new grills, depending on how beat up yours is now.

Zack turned mine around in 2-3 days, but UPS will have it longer than that. You'll have to check to see how busy he is now days. If you're not going to park it, I would say get two from TheDealer and have him send them directly to Zack.

I'll give this a shot:

The grill comes with six machine-threaded studs that mount along the top inside of the front end just above the radiator with nuts. You'll see them. You'll have to remove the plastic shield that covers the top of the radiator to get to them, held on with plastic screw fasteners. The bottom of the grill is held in with spring clamps. It took me 30 minutes to do the r&r.

The b**** for me was getting the old grill off. Two of six studs stripped out in the grill (self tapping threads into the plastic) and the nuts wouldn't back off. Had to pull the grill off the studs and then use a vise-grip to hold the self-tapping thread side while I backed off the nut from the other. They were on really tight. Re-use the old nuts, just don't hang off them.

Hope this helps. You'll love the badgeless grill. It really changes the attitude of the car. :up:

- JD

Zack
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
You'll have to check to see how busy he is now days.

Ive recently discovered that I can get away with making grills during work hours, yes, at work.
Send em!

scareme
04-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Whats the ball park on the new grills?

MarauderMark
04-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Whats the ball park on the new grills?

The best price i've found so far is Ray(Dealer) at Northeast lincoln Mercury at tyson and roosevelt blvd in philly.. :up:

2003 MIB
04-15-2004, 05:21 AM
The best price i've found so far is Ray(Dealer) at Northeast lincoln Mercury at tyson and roosevelt blvd in philly.. :up:

You also want to have Ray ship the grills directly to Zack. It's faster and reduces the risk of shipping damage. I did this last month and you'll love the badgeless grill- Zack does great work!! :up:

Dan
04-15-2004, 05:46 AM
Ive recently discovered that I can get away with making grills during work hours, yes, at work.
Send em!

What do you do to them? Please post a photo or a link ref that I can check out. I plan to replace the grill on mine soon. (Gotta get the car first. :) )

Best,

Dan

martyo
04-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Send em!

Ahhh, the "American Way." Double pay for half the work! Gotta love it!!