PDA

View Full Version : So this is happening...

duhtroll
07-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I didn't need a new project but this has been dropped in my lap. It is the 350, not the 442 and it is a 1970 which IIRC is the last year for the higher compression on these. Other than the color (which someone told me is the Firebird blue and still GM but that's an opinion), it is all original and runs beautifully.

I am asking those who have collectors' insurance who they are going with. Hagerty (sp?) will cover it for $25K on these pics alone, but I am wanting all options since I feel it is worth only about half that.

I have a couple weeks until this is here so I want to have my ducks in a row, so to speak. Advice is appreciated. I'm also going to seek out the Olds boards for this car. Anyone local I am also looking for storage options since I only have an enlarged 2 stall garage and I don't want to park my daily outside in the winter anymore.

Sooo... rambling aside, insurance options, storage, and how tall does a garage ceiling need to be to fit one car under another on a lift? Also maybe possible.

SGT_MERC
07-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I just wanna say "that is a beautiful car, congrats on the find."

wannaMM
07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
DITTO-DITTO

lji372
07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
I didn't need a new project but this has been dropped in my lap. It is the 350, not the 442 and it is a 1970 which IIRC is the last year for the higher compression on these. Other than the color (which someone told me is the Firebird blue and still GM but that's an opinion), it is all original and runs beautifully.

I am asking those who have collectors' insurance who they are going with. Hagerty (sp?) will cover it for $25K on these pics alone, but I am wanting all options since I feel it is worth only about half that.

I have a couple weeks until this is here so I want to have my ducks in a row, so to speak. Advice is appreciated. I'm also going to seek out the Olds boards for this car. Anyone local I am also looking for storage options since I only have an enlarged 2 stall garage and I don't want to park my daily outside in the winter anymore.

Sooo... rambling aside, insurance options, storage, and how tall does a garage ceiling need to be to fit one car under another on a lift? Also maybe possible.

very cool!

i'll save you all the storage headaches, shoot me your addy and i'll work faster than excedrin

Embassy
07-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Why can't I have a gem like that fall in my lap?

Congrats.

martyo
07-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Very cool!!!!

duhtroll
07-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Anyone have info on collector's insurance?

martyo
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Anyone have info on collector's insurance?

MK Insurance (630) 617-9970

Ask for Jackie Schneider or Tammy Petro and tell them Marty Ochs sent ya.

They insure one or two cars for me.

chief455
07-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Nice
If that is truly matching numbers engine, and has buckets/console shift - I'd insure it for $20k. Bench seat/column shift around $18k

Not getting a ragtop that clean for $12-$15k, nope.

duhtroll
07-10-2014, 05:13 PM
It is buckets and floor shifter auto, IIRC - I have yet to see the car in person but will soon. And yes, it is all original/matching.

Nice
If that is truly matching numbers engine, and has buckets/console shift - I'd insure it for $20k. Bench seat/column shift around $18k

Not getting a ragtop that clean for $12-$15k, nope.

duhtroll
07-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Cool - will do

MK Insurance (630) 617-9970

Ask for Jackie Schneider or Tammy Petro and tell them Marty Ochs sent ya.

They insure one or two cars for me.