PDA

View Full Version : "New" Dodge Daytona

kirk
04-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Here's your chance to be the original owner of a 1969 Dodge Dayton. The latest issue of Muscle Car Enthusiast has an article on such a car. Seems the Chrysler dealer in Covington, VA has a Daytona that they received in '69 and never sold. The car has been in a back room ever since, never titled! It is now up for sale! Any guesses how much that's going to go for. WOW

MERCMAN
04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
It would be a great trailer queen, I bet the seals are dryer than a popcorn f**t. :lol:

gja
04-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Drier than a pocorn f@#t....hahahahaha
You really made me snort with that one mercman :lol:

SergntMac
04-14-2004, 06:23 PM
AIRI, Dodge new car warranties were 5 year/50K back then, one of their stronger selling points donchano.

So, where is the selling dealer going to get replacement parts, the Smithsonian?

Bigdogjim
04-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Dry ain't the word :lol:

A bucket of WD-40 would not help:lol:

Some one call RF, he's the oil expert:)

Bigdogjim
04-14-2004, 06:26 PM
AIRI, Dodge new car warranties were 5 year/50K back then, one of their stronger selling points donchano.

So, where is the selling dealer going to get replacement parts, the Smithsonian?

dodgedaytona.net

Well is worth a try:lol:

RCSignals
04-14-2004, 07:37 PM

Yes, now if it were a Ford Model T or A they'd be able to find every part they'd ever need.

RCSignals
04-14-2004, 07:39 PM
I wonder if the dealer paid Chysler for the car back then? There could be a wopping interest due.

merc406
04-14-2004, 07:54 PM
At a crazy auction like Barrett Jackson's I would think close to a MILLION buckaroo's :bounce: :bounce: :bows:

hitchhiker
04-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Here's your chance to be the original owner of a 1969 Dodge Dayton. The latest issue of Muscle Car Enthusiast has an article on such a car. Seems the Chrysler dealer in Covington, VA has a Daytona that they received in '69 and never sold. The car has been in a back room ever since, never titled! It is now up for sale! Any guesses how much that's going to go for. WOW

$250,000

That's my guestimate based on the last Barret-Jackson auction I saw.

Best Regards,

David

hitchhiker
04-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Your car...

Did your 63 Merc S-55 406 come from Kansas? Is it Black? Factory A/C? Breezeway rear window? I also used to keep a $20 bill inside the screw off God's Head center enblem in the stering wheel. Forgot it when I sold the car in 1975. I sure wish I had been able to keep the car?

Best Regards,

David