PDA

View Full Version : Last one to die, Tommy Ramone.

Motorhead350
07-12-2014, 07:37 AM
http://dyingscene.com/

He was the drummer and last original Ramone alive. All original members are now dead.

:depress::depress::depress::de press:

Two songs come to mind....

0hfSVx9xuNM

And this one...

wRrVUpnX83I

:depress::depress::depress::de press:

Bigdogjim
07-12-2014, 07:40 AM
I read this this morning on the web, only 62?

R.I.P.

cat in the hat
07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
I've been watching the lights go out on this crowd, one by one, for 25 years - no surprise, considering the lifestyle - but for some reason this one is really hitting me. :(

Soon, I'll see a billboard on the road to Atlantic City, advertising a ninth-generation Ramones tribute stage show tour and $14.99 prime rib buffet. Bah.

massacre
07-12-2014, 09:50 AM
As you may know I am not a fan of the Ramones so when I heard this on the radio it didn't affect me one bit. If I never hear another Ramones song ever again that would be just fine with me.

a_d_a_m
07-12-2014, 10:51 AM
As you may know I am not a fan of the Ramones so when I heard this on the radio it didn't affect me one bit. If I never hear another Ramones song ever again that would be just fine with me. Then why post in the *****ing thread, idiot?

stevengerard
07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
bummer RIP

Zack
07-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Who is Tommy Ramone

justbob
07-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Who is Tommy Ramone

Same here???

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Motorhead350
07-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Who is Tommy Ramone

The band The Ramones original drummer. He was the last living original member, now he is dead.

This is a big of a loss in the music world as Carol Shelby for car culture. The whole band is dead.

EDKGRK
07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Did he drive a marauder?

J-MAN
07-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Was he on tour with the missfits? :confused:

Cobra25
07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I always liked the band & their music. RIP Tommy !

Motorhead350
07-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Did he drive a marauder?

I am not sure, but Marky Ramone... The most active drummer rode in mine and wanted to buy it. Even to this day. He recently bought himself an STR8 Challenger. So yes one of The Ramones is a gearhead.

cat in the hat
07-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Who is Tommy Ramone

Same here???

Try this - imagine if the whole "British Invasion" had never happened in the 60's. Imagine if Rock-n-Roll had stayed American and evolved on it's own, instead of being bent onto a new course by faggy, glam-y, pretentious Brits.
Twenty years after the 50's, you'd have basically the same music - but faster, louder. A harder edge. Instead of sissies in feather boas and high heels you'd have guys in leather jackets, straight-leg jeans and Chuck Taylor All-Stars. You'd have songs about American pop-culture stuff like schlock-y horror movies and the dopey ads in comic books.
You'd have The Ramones.

Motorhead350
07-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Try this - imagine if the whole "British Invasion" had never happened in the 60's. Imagine if Rock-n-Roll had stayed American and evolved on it's own, instead of being bent onto a new course by faggy, glam-y, pretentious Brits.
Twenty years after the 50's, you'd have basically the same music - but faster, louder. A harder edge. Instead of sissies in feather boas and high heels you'd have guys in leather jackets, straight-leg jeans and Chuck Taylor All-Stars. You'd have songs about American pop-culture stuff like schlock-y horror movies and the dopey ads in comic books.
You'd have The Ramones.

Wow, that's quite a way to put it! One of the most "Punk Rock" things that they did was what Johnny did, as you hear in hidden easter egg in End Of The Century... threw a bag of rocks at The Beatles during their performance when they came to NYC. A symbol of rejection of the changing times. This band means so much more than music to a lot of people. I do not know where to begin.

Zack, Bob, take 5 and learn a little something. I know you guys are smart. Here is an example of something from 1962....

dnLCvpgPD_s

Here is The Ramones in 1977.... similar melody and chord structure. 50s Grease image, 3 chords, 2 minute songs.... it's all there.

v24z1qs2gJc

Like what Cat In The Hat said.... right back to where things were. Imagine restoration with twice the horsepower that no one bought. You would get The Ramones.

justbob
07-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Okay I can see the early beginnings of what I listen too mostly in the chords. As for the style of vocals, the punk side of their sound, and in general his voice, not digging it whatsoever.

I was kidding when I said same here, of course in know them and heard a couple samplings, just never once could I sit through it.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Motorhead350
07-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Hey, your post proves you listened.

Thank you.

Back to Megadeth for you! :D

stevengerard
07-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Not all their songs are for everyone but I'd bet most everyone would like at least one of their songs. I just happen to like most of it. I grew up listening to punk the first time around and worked at the LimeLight - that was an experience.

RF Overlord
07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
When I heard the news, I wanted to be sedated.

The end of an era... :depress: