PDA

View Full Version : This video makes you think twice about speeding!

Guittard22
07-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Was surfing YouTube this morning on my daily walk and just came across this video makes me think twice about Speeding!!:eek:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk

88CuttyClassic
07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
I speed every day in certain environments and always will. ,

Navirauder
07-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Wow I email this video to my love ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lji372
07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
makes me not want to leave the house. then i think, i live by a national guard base....... what if a plane hits my house :eek:

Jeronimojc
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
What a powerful video. Thanks for the reminder.

camelgrundle
07-23-2014, 03:39 PM
How about if you have a kid in the car pay attention!

nh muscle
07-23-2014, 03:49 PM
I've seen 200 MPh but never with on coming traffic! Big difference

nh muscle
07-23-2014, 03:50 PM
I've seen 200 MPh but never with oncoming traffic big difference! !!

L.Mark
07-23-2014, 03:53 PM
How about if you have a kid in the car pay attention!

+1,000...I usually dirve extremely defensive, thinking EVERYONE will pull out, or turn wrong or not stop etc...I can't say how many times I've seen this in enuff time to avoid by either slowing or changing lanes only to pass the car and see they are on the phone and there is a child in the back. Really makes me want to pull them over and beat the snot out of them for being soooo selfish and uncaring for their child...:mad2:

chief455
07-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Every day I wake up paralyzed from a wreck in '82, driving hazards come to mind.....

Spectragod
07-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Was surfing YouTube this morning on my daily walk and just came across this video makes me think twice about Speeding!!:eek:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk

Out of this, I come away with this.......................

You were on a walk surfing Youtube.....wtf?????? People to to connected to their phones.:P :D

Jeronimojc
07-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Out of this, I come away with this.......................

You were on a walk surfing Youtube.....wtf?????? People to to connected to their phones.:P :D

^^^. Lucky he didn't get hit by a car.

mrjones
07-23-2014, 07:45 PM
It's nice to hear safety messages from time to time, but I'm not sure this conveys the best message. Excessive speed will increase the consequences of the accident, but pulling your head out of your butt and NOT pulling out in front of someone will go much farther towards NOT having an accident.

Bigdogjim
07-23-2014, 08:43 PM
In the good old USA that would never ever happen! Pretty much everyone driving think they are right and the other person is at fault :mad:

Nice message, I know it will not work in new Jersey:)

guspech750
07-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Regardless of speed, driver with the kid pulled into the path of the driver with the right of way. Regardless of how fast or slow one is driving. The right of way is what it is.

Driver with the kid was not following the rules of the road especially regarding his own safety and relying on someone else to do it instead.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

sailsmen
07-24-2014, 07:54 AM
How about you actually have to take a drivers license test, no paid representative taking it for you?
How about the test require an ability to read the signs, particularly the new digital ones that can have a variety of messages?
How about if you don't have a DL or a Tag your vehicle is immediately impounded?
How about if you are towing another vehicle with no tag, DL, brake lites or tail lites both vehicles are impounded and you are arrested?
How about if you are driving a p/u or pulling a trailer with unsecured loads your vehicles are impounded?

Too many are being killed by drivers who do not know the traffic laws, cannot read the signage, have unsecured loads and are towing with no brake or tail lights.

Mr. Man
07-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Regardless of speed, driver with the kid pulled into the path of the driver with the right of way. Regardless of how fast or slow one is driving. The right of way is what it is.

Driver with the kid was not following the rules of the road especially regarding his own safety and relying on someone else to do it instead.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

To add to that, had the driver of the supposed speeding car(I see no speed limit signs)been traveling slower he would have ended up plowing into the back of the other car making the accident solely his fault. I'm with Joe here on this one the pulling out driver must be blind (no Sun glare that I could discern and the driver looked right at the speeding car which by the way was 107 KPH so about 65 MPH) not to see the on coming car and must be a real dipwad to pull out in front of it. It's not like there was somebody behind him beeping the horn and from what I can see there was no one behind the speeding car. Patience would have been well served here but in todays 'me first' world this would be the result.

Motorhead350
07-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I thought again and decided todays weather is really good for my engine.

BTW speeding in hilly areas is nothing anyone should do, especially if they do not know the area.

lji372
07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
I almost hit a young lady today, well I felt that way anyway.
A semi was turning right and I was in the next lane over going in the same direction. She was crossing and walked out from in front of the semi and into my lane. I swerved, caught my breath and thought of this video. Almost went back and yelled at her, then remembered, I can't fix stupid........

RubberCtyRauder
07-24-2014, 05:20 PM
You know how they put numbers/levels to IQ ratings ? Lower to higher IQ. Kinda funny that they don't do that with stupidity levels. Most people are oblivious when they drive , have no clue of their surroundings or that their exit is coming up or the street they want is here. I saw this mini van the other day squeal his front wheel drive from a red light, shoot across 3 lanes of traffic, just to get into the Taco Bell across the intersection on his right. I hope he got a bad burrito.

cat in the hat
07-25-2014, 05:40 PM
+1 on "defensive driving."
It's become an absolute free-for-all around here. People drive so aggressively, and with such total disregard for traffic laws, that you'd think you were driving through the Capital of the Third World on National Free Beer Day.
I've actually started slowing down for GREEN lights.