PDA

View Full Version : HeLp mE

Firedab
04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
I cannot post any pics?!? The gallery gives me no option to post pics? Why, or what am I doing wrong here?? Help the confused!

MM03MOK
04-15-2004, 02:30 PM
I cannot post any pics?!? The gallery gives me no option to post pics? Why, or what am I doing wrong here?? Help the confused!Here are some instructions I usually PM to those requesting.....might as well help the rest of ya, too! :D

To upload photos into the Gallery

Click on Gallery at the top of the page
Click on Register - this is your screen name and password. Once you're registered, you log in each time to the Gallery. Even though you're logged into the site, you need to log in separately to the Gallery.
Click on Upload Photos
Click Browse to find the pictures on your computer. Note the maximum size for all your pictures. Large pictures are resized when shown in the Gallery and take up more space. Optimum is 640x480 to conserve space.
Click Upload/Sumbit
To link a photo to a post:

Use the gray Post Reply button
Find the picture in the Gallery
Copy the URL for the picture page
Click on the blue and green globe
Paste the URL - now a link leads you to the picture in the Gallery
To insert a picture directly into a post:

Use the gray Post Reply button
Click on Manage Attachments under Additional Options
Click Browse to find the pictures on your computer. Optimum is 640x480 to conserve space.
Click Upload

Ross
04-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Could be that you have logged into this site, but not into the gallery. You have to log in separately to the gallery after you log onto the site. Hope that's the problem.

Ross
04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Mary beat me to it while I was typing my post. Not only quicker, but more and better info!

Firedab
04-15-2004, 03:10 PM
I try to log in but I get "invalid login/password". I even went and changed my password in the user settings and still no success. ?!?

Firedab
04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I have tried everything. I reset my password, had it reset by sending me a new one! still no worky. I need help....

MarauderMark
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
whatta gotta be a member to post pics?i've been askin this 2 times with no answer.Sheesh!!lol...

MM03MOK
04-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I have tried everything. I reset my password, had it reset by sending me a new one! still no worky. I need help....Tell us what it said. Did you click on "Register" or "Login?"

woaface
04-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I've had some trouble posting pics in the gallery as well. Either the picture I post is small enough, but I'm still told it's too big, or I get "invalid login/password" same as he did.

MarauderMark
04-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Tell us what it said. Did you click on "Register" or "Login?"

i got it :bounce: :banana2:

MM03MOK
04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
i got it :bounce: :banana2:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) Now let's see if Firedab can do it!

HwyCruiser
04-15-2004, 05:27 PM
I didn't have any problem uploading a pic into the gallery yesterday, but it looks like posting the pic in a thread has changed. I can't right click on the gallery image any more to get the to the properties. Maybe trying to protect the images now?

Anyway, while posting a new thread or reply, you can directly browse your pictures in the "My Photos" section of the message editor (right beow the Smiles). Click "Select" and then on the one you want and close the pop-up. Curious, the pop-up said I didn't have any pics to choose from, but I did and it worked just fine.

This might not be new, but I always did it the way Bunny posted above. Change is good, so there's my $.02.

- JD

Firedab
04-15-2004, 05:33 PM
OK, maybe I am crazy. If I hit the register button it tells me that I am already registered and gives me the jump to option. If I hit the login button it gives me the login screen, and after I enter my info, it gives me the invalid login.
Now what???

CRUZTAKER
04-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Login is case sensitive. Make sure you are exact for both user name and password.

BTW: Ever since Logan gave us the 'My photos' option in the smileys area...NOTHING has worked the same. Links are blocked, copies are blocked, and the 'view next' feature in the 'select' doesn't display the next page of photos. It's great if you only have a dozen or so photos in your personal gallery, but if you have more, and want to link one that doesn't show in the thumbnail list...your screwed. And since Logan blocked the right click option and copying a url to link it in a post...screwed again.

I'm not not bumming though, I no longer have photos in the gallery. Problem solved.:o