PDA

View Full Version : Spring Carlisle

MapleLeafMerc
04-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Is anyone planning to go to Carlisle (Pennsylvania) next week for the spring show? I'm coming down with my dad. We drive down next Wednesday, do the show Thurs and Fri, and return Sat am.

Carlisle rocks. ;) :banana: :rock:

Haggis
04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Larry,

I will let you know as soon as I can. Carlisle is only about an hour from us, will also talk to GordonB since he has mentioned it in the past.

Murader03
04-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Is it that time again? Gesh! Carlisle next weekend, impromptu meet at Ikea in White Marsh, again next weekend, and I'm on call and can't get out of town! Just what is this world coming to? :lol:

MapleLeafMerc
04-21-2004, 05:38 AM
We are staying at the Quality Inn on Harrisburg Pike: 717-243-6000

O's Fan Rich
04-21-2004, 06:52 AM
I'll be ther for the All Fords the first weekend in June. Looks like Saturday this year, as #1 sons graduation is that Friday.

GordonB
04-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Question to all Carlisle fans,
Is SPRING carlisle beter than All-FORD Nationals on first weekend in June? I'm planning on the All-FORD weekend rather than the SPRING Carlisle. Opionions?
If I'm just shopping for MM and Lincoln stuff, I believe that I am better off doing ALL-FORD Nationals. Comments?

GordonB

O's Fan Rich
04-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Question to all Carlisle fans,
Is SPRING carlisle beter than All-FORD Nationals on first weekend in June? I'm planning on the All-FORD weekend rather than the SPRING Carlisle. Opionions?
If I'm just shopping for MM and Lincoln stuff, I believe that I am better off doing ALL-FORD Nationals. Comments?

GordonB

Generally, you avoid wading through the Chebby/Mopar/BOP and others stuff to get to what you want by going to the All Fords.
BUT.... somtimes you find an off brand guy at the other meets who happens to have what you want, and he lets it go cheap, or he has it and will not be at the Ford meet since it's not his cup of tea. Crap shoot.
Heck, go to both!

MapleLeafMerc
04-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Generally, you avoid wading through the Chebby/Mopar/BOP and others stuff to get to what you want by going to the All Fords.
BUT.... somtimes you find an off brand guy at the other meets who happens to have what you want, and he lets it go cheap, or he has it and will not be at the Ford meet since it's not his cup of tea. Crap shoot.
Heck, go to both!

I didn't see any MM's at spring Carlisle this year, and no MM stuff in the booths. LOTS of F/L/M cars and vendors though. Spring Carlisle is the biggest show there, but I don't know whether the All Fords would have more F/L/M stuff and ANY Marauder stuff. Like Rich said, try to make it to both!

Here's the link for Carlisle Events this year: carsatcarlisle.com

O's Fan Rich
04-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Dad and I go to the All Fords.
I look for things for my Mustang project, tools and restoration aids.
Dads got 2 50 Ford Coupes to rebuild and he's a tool guy too, and I'm the Dad's tool borrowing type!
I saw the MM in person for the first time at the All Fords back in '02, ordered mine 2 weeks later. It was pulling into the gate while I was leaving, talked a tad to the driver and mademy decision.